BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

If £8 is offered for Hanley, which I believe is the figure we want, then I'd take that. I'd expect us to spend about £3 from that figure.

I would rather keep Hanley unless we are going to use the money to improve the overall quality of the squad.

Wonder who Coyle would look at to replace Hanley? Maybe Baker from Villa or Morrison from Cardiff. Not easy to bring in a quality of Hanley Standard.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nathan Baker should be a no go. I used to work at Aston Villa in the directors box and he wasn't much liked there by anybody.

Morrison on the other hand is a capable defender. Bruno Manga for Cardiff is an excellent defender although unless they were willing to invest every penny from a possible Henley sale I don't think he'd be within our price range. Steven Taylor is on a free and would be a great addition, especially if we could fund his wages with the Hanley sale.

One thing is for certain is that no one can doubt Coyle's ability to recruit. Let's hope that if this sale happens then Nixon is right when he says he will only go with a suitable replacement in line. But, as said, history does tell us that simply doesn't happen..

I would rather keep Hanley unless we are going to use the money to improve the overall quality of the squad.

Wonder who Coyle would look at to replace Hanley? Maybe Baker from Villa or Morrison from Cardiff. Not easy to bring in a quality of Hanley Standard.

The money won't be used to improve the squad it never is

The money won't be used to improve the squad it never is

Well not actually true tho all of the time.

In Bowyer 1st season didnt we sell Olsson and bought in Evans and Marshall. In the January window we sold Dann but bought in Gestede, Conway and Made Cairney permanent here.

Yes it happened under Kean. Granted.

Lambert, yes sold 2 but he did bring in 7/8 players tho in January. So money wasnt spend in terms of transfer fees but maybe in wages?

Well not actually true tho all of the time.

In Bowyer 1st season didnt we sell Olsson and bought in Evans and Marshall. In the January window we sold Dann but bought in Gestede, Conway and Made Cairney permanent here.

Yes it happened under Kean. Granted.

Lambert, yes sold 2 but he did bring in 7/8 players tho in January. So money wasnt spend in terms of transfer fees but maybe in wages?

Chaddy. Do you actually believe money will be invested in the squad or are you trying to wind people up by arguing the point to death? You sound like you're struggling to even convince yourself tbh.

All because Venky's sanctioned bringing in replacements doesn't mean they should be praised. I mean, we do need to have an actual squad together you know. Might look a bit suspicious if we sold all our players and didn't replace them, don't you think?

Chaddy. Do you actually believe money will be invested in the squad or are you trying to wind people up by arguing the point to death? You sound like you're struggling to even convince yourself tbh.

All because Venky's sanctioned bringing in replacements doesn't mean they should be praised. I mean, we do need to have an actual squad together you know. Might look a bit suspicious if we sold all our players and didn't replace them, don't you think?

I guess we will find out this week about Hanley Future and what will happen with the money if he leaves.

Not saying Venkys should be praised. I have given my views on Venkys before. I'm not going to keep over these points, cos its pointless

Personally I think if Hanley is sold for £5m+ OCM will see some of it to spend ..probably 20-25% for cash purchases and about half of Hanleys salary to offer in wages

I guess we will find out this week about Hanley Future and what will happen with the money if he leaves.

Not saying Venkys should be praised. I have given my views on Venkys before. I'm not going to keep over these points, cos its pointless

I never asked you your views on Venky's so no need to go over the points again, I just wish you'd give over defending them on this issue. I must ask why you keep going on and on about the loans and freebies Lambert brought in as if it justifies your point that Venky's reinvest in the squad?! We brought in £20mill in player sales last year and spent near nowt of it. And don't suggest it went on wages as I am 100% sure our wage budget has been dropping annually. You are arguing points unnecessarily just for the chuffing sake of it. You have implied Venky's have reinvested previously. You are wrong. If they invest IF Hanley goes, I will eat my hat, but history says it won't happen!!!

Personally I think if Hanley is sold for £5m+ OCM will see some of it to spend ..probably 20-25% for cash purchases and about half of Hanleys salary to offer in wages

I'm not saying he won't see anything whatsoever to spend, but it won't be anywhere near his selling fee. If Coyle got even £1mill to spend after a £7mill sale, I'd be surprised.

And when he sold and nothing reinvested you will back the decision and blow kisses at chimp head

I never asked you your views on Venky's so no need to go over the points again, I just wish you'd give over defending them on this issue. I must ask why you keep going on and on about the loans and freebies Lambert brought in as if it justifies your point that Venky's reinvest in the squad?! We brought in £20mill in player sales last year and spent near nowt of it. And don't suggest it went on wages as I am 100% sure our wage budget has been dropping annually. You are arguing points unnecessarily just for the chuffing sake of it. You have implied Venky's have reinvested previously. You are wrong. If they invest IF Hanley goes, I will eat my hat, but history says it won't happen!!!

Nobody is defending Venkys tho Mustard.

I have already stated that they didn't reinvested when Kean was manager. or Bowyer last 12 months of his reign.

I really hope Hanley stays and that Coyle build his team around him

Nobody is defending Venkys tho Mustard.

I have already stated that they didn't reinvested when Kean was manager. or Bowyer last 12 months of his reign.

I really hope Hanley stays and that Coyle build his team around him

Christ almighty Chaddy YOU have defended everything the venkyscum have done including a 1000% U turn on chimp head

I'm not saying he won't see anything whatsoever to spend, but it won't be anywhere near his selling fee. If Coyle got even £1mill to spend after a £7mill sale, I'd be surprised.

That'll be earmarked for Browns wages as the replacement probably.

Evidence for this? Or just a hunch?

Interesting the Hanley has apparently said he wants to join Newcastle - confirmed by Coyle.

I guess that makes him disloyal. Not that one could blame him for wanting out.

Interesting the Hanley has apparently said he wants to join Newcastle - confirmed by Coyle.

I guess that makes him disloyal. Not that one could blame him for wanting out.

Where did you see / read this mate?

Archived