BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we not just shut about this Nixon. There is no point in someone saying that a journalist thinks a football club is going to sign a couple of players without saying who the players are. It's like saying I am going to drink some pints at the weekend...I.e. a certainty and there is absolutely no point reporting it. I'm sure it's done purely to annoy but please stick to the Nixon thread for these pointless rumours..

I wasn't sure where to post this I was privy to a bit of information today. And since it's about the contracts of one of our players, I'll post it here. Got it from someone who spoke to a player he knows this weekend. This player is out of contract and has been calling up to see where he stands and if he will be getting a new deal. He has called every day for the last two weeks and apparently there is literally no answer. The phone rings, no one picks up. Not even a secretary or anyone. God knows how we will be conducting any transfer business. Might help us hold on to Hanley etc if there's no one to negotiate with though.

I wasn't sure where to post this I was privy to a bit of information today. And since it's about the contracts of one of our players, I'll post it here. Got it from someone who spoke to a player he knows this weekend. This player is out of contract and has been calling up to see where he stands and if he will be getting a new deal. He has called every day for the last two weeks and apparently there is literally no answer. The phone rings, no one picks up. Not even a secretary or anyone. God knows how we will be conducting any transfer business. Might help us hold on to Hanley etc if there's no one to negotiate with though.

Maybe that's where Coyle comes in, An already disliked local guy known to the advisors and quite happy to be on a hiding to nothing. The only they can find desperate enough to try and steer the club through some very stormy waters indeed following the line of sales and cutbacks and being hung out to dry by the cretins.

A lot of things point to calm before a very long and dark storm IMO.

surely all transfer gossip/discussion should be in the transfer thread which this thread is

Why don't you just take over the entire message board? I'll post what I want where I want unless asked to do otherwise by mods. You are so blooming busy organising everyone else. Ease off. And I'll stop posting now as I've no intention of attending matches so it really won't matter to me who we bring in as I suspect they'll all be disappointinh

Nixon might be a bit nearer the mark than normal with his rumours now his mate has got the manager's gig but it's difficult to take him too seriously when he says we're close to signing two players he won't name.

If it's complete rubbish and nothing happens he can claim it fell through. Even if we sign someone we'll never know if it's the same player he had in mind.

chris-brown-3-4x3195-2107801_478x359.jpg

Aye ET (Chris Brown) Must Phone Home. Not the greatest of manners but one we could let go to voicemail.

Stuart has lots of people on ignore. Not Chaddy though.

Or you. But you are wrong. Although given I've been keeping note of what you contribute from a football perspective to the forum, i.e. nothing, so maybe I should. You don't even attempt to post anything worth reading. All you do is try to bait, Abbey.

Nice to see you defending the WUM. Birds of a feather...

Nixon might be a bit nearer the mark than normal with his rumours now his mate has got the manager's gig but it's difficult to take him too seriously when he says we're close to signing two players he won't name.

If it's complete rubbish and nothing happens he can claim it fell through. Even if we sign someone we'll never know if it's the same player he had in mind.

You know my feelings on Nicko but let's be honest. He is a good source with Coyle in. As for the tw

O signings...he can't say anything and blow his source out. Plus things change very quickly.

Blackburn, Reading and Wigan are all interested in experienced Burnley midfielder Dean Marney #brfc #Royals #wafc https://t.co/E1w8bxxk1F

Hmmm..... Nixon has always warned us about the "3 Club rule" I.e. if 3 clubs are linked with a player it's usually likely to be rubbish and is more likely to be an agent attempting to drum up interest in a ropey player.

Then he reproduces a rumour linking us and 2 other clubs with a player. You couldn't make it up. Or maybe you could.....

Wasn't sure where to post this and apologies if it is already discussed elsewhere but if the Scott Dann to Everton rumour is true (and the transfer fee) then Rovers stand to get around £2 million out of it.

This is naive beyond belief, I appreciate the fact that Nicko is close to Coyle so likely to have fairly accurate info, however he is a journalist and will play anyone who pesters him relentlessly. They all love a good cryptic message to tease those who hang on his every word, it's called a power trip and its quite comical the way people fall for it every time.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I'm sure he will be getting plenty of info through his supposed links to Coyle but it's actually kind of embarrassing watching this 'yes sir, no sir, anything you say sir' rubbish every day now. Unless Nicko is literally sat in Coyles office then he is unlikely to know 100% what is going on.

AND....even if he did know the players he is hardly gonna spout off about it on Twitter to any old randomer because he'll look bloody daft if it doesn't come off.....I.e. 50 million pound war chest.

Archived