BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

This is naive beyond belief, I appreciate the fact that Nicko is close to Coyle so likely to have fairly accurate info, however he is a journalist and will play anyone who pesters him relentlessly. They all love a good cryptic message to tease those who hang on his every word, it's called a power trip and its quite comical the way people fall for it every time.

Don't get me wrong, like I said I'm sure he will be getting plenty of info through his supposed links to Coyle but it's actually kind of embarrassing watching this 'yes sir, no sir, anything you say sir' rubbish every day now. Unless Nicko is literally sat in Coyles office then he is unlikely to know 100% what is going on.

AND....even if he did know the players he is hardly gonna spout off about it on Twitter to any old randomer because he'll look bloody daft if it doesn't come off.....I.e. 50 million pound war chest.

So it IS Brown and Delfouneso

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't sure where to post this I was privy to a bit of information today. And since it's about the contracts of one of our players, I'll post it here. Got it from someone who spoke to a player he knows this weekend. This player is out of contract and has been calling up to see where he stands and if he will be getting a new deal. He has called every day for the last two weeks and apparently there is literally no answer. The phone rings, no one picks up. Not even a secretary or anyone. God knows how we will be conducting any transfer business. Might help us hold on to Hanley etc if there's no one to negotiate with though.

Certainly ties in with what I know. I don't think people realise the depths of how poorly Rovers are being run day to day.

I wasn't sure where to post this I was privy to a bit of information today. And since it's about the contracts of one of our players, I'll post it here. Got it from someone who spoke to a player he knows this weekend. This player is out of contract and has been calling up to see where he stands and if he will be getting a new deal. He has called every day for the last two weeks and apparently there is literally no answer. The phone rings, no one picks up. Not even a secretary or anyone. God knows how we will be conducting any transfer business. Might help us hold on to Hanley etc if there's no one to negotiate with though.

Why is his agent not handling it?

I don't think that there was ever any doubt that the club wouldn't be spending money this summer. The object is obviously surviving in the Championship by using young players - either on loan from other clubs or through our own ranks. I would imagine that most people buying season tickets are doing so with their eyes wide open and knowing that we are likely to be fighting at the wrong end of the table this season.

• Moderation Lead

Trousered? Do you not just think it's got to plug the parachute gap?

Whatever it's used for, it won't be for the improvement of the squad.....

Coyle saying he will utilise the loan market this morning in the LET. Superb, what good club wasn't built on players they don't own.

Quite a few in the Championship - given our current financial situation it is probably the only way to go (plus hope a few youngsters come through the ranks).

All depends on the quality of player he can bring in - he has a history of loaning some very good players - but I am sure he equally has a few duds as well.

Quite a few in the Championship - given our current financial situation it is probably the only way to go (plus hope a few youngsters come through the ranks).

All depends on the quality of player he can bring in - he has a history of loaning some very good players - but I am sure he equally has a few duds as well.

Our current financial situation is down to our owners pulling the plug on Lambert's plans.

FFP is dead, but they probably don't realise that.

We do everything on the cheap now, only one way that ends up.

• Backroom

To get the best loan players you generally need to be willing to pay a decent fee on top of whatever % of wage is being offered. I can't see Rovers being able to put much towards either.

I don't think that there was ever any doubt that the club wouldn't be spending money this summer. The object is obviously surviving in the Championship by using young players - either on loan from other clubs or through our own ranks. I would imagine that most people buying season tickets are doing so with their eyes wide open and knowing that we are likely to be fighting at the wrong end of the table this season.

It became apparent some months ago that there would be no money to spend otherwise there was a chance we would still have a proper manager in charge. And given the circumstances I would have been prepared to accept a relegation scrap under another manager but after last week I believe the fools have pretty much sealed relegation (as well as poking us all provocatively with a big stick). As for players coming in it appears that freebies, loans and desperados will be the order of the day. Expect more Browns, Varneys, Koitas and Delfounesos. And I expect some of our better players to leave.

Don't disagree, but what was the whole Lambert experiment about?

Whatever it's used for, it won't be for the improvement of the squad.....

Can agree with that but trousered is remarkably near to pocketed! I think it said in the paper that we will still have a 6m deficit this season.

Can a club with such facilities ever wipe its own face in this division?

• Backroom

Didn't he say we could? Danny Graham is proof that he was replaceable if we used the money.

As it is its academic as eventually he would be sold one way or another as will anyone of any value

• Moderation Lead

no no no no no den promised we would buy better with it.

Don't think he did? I think Den floated the idea of selling Rhodes then buying a few players with the proceeds? In any case, Den has never been manager to my knowledge, so I don't think he can be held responsible! :rover: Though I'm sure Den can speak for himself!

I'm more annoyed with them not putting a bit of money in than them appointing Coyle. It's beyond incompetence now, it's obvious that they are deliberately damaging the club.

The emotional version of Barry's iron bar

Why don't you just take over the entire message board? I'll post what I want where I want unless asked to do otherwise by mods. You are so blooming busy organising everyone else. Ease off. And I'll stop posting now as I've no intention of attending matches so it really won't matter to me who we bring in as I suspect they'll all be disappointinh

Chaddy wins again in spite of posting purely with the intention to annoy.

I'm starting to understand a bit more why Coyle was appointed - his previous success in the loan market.

I'm not a big fan of loaning in too many players but I think it's going to be the best route in terms of getting quality players in. Clearly there's no money for transfer fees. Coyle does seen quite good mates with other managers which could work in our favour.

ALF and Danny Graham up front would be nice. Maybe Will Keane as back up.

Archived