BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

catalyst with supporters ? really ? the only time this will happen is when the turds leave.

All quiet on the Graham (and transfers) front

Hope we sign him; feel it will be a catalyst with supporters, the players and all associated with Rovers

Here's hoping we hear something soon

catalyst with supporters ? really ? the only time this will happen is when the turds leave.

Well that's not going to be any time soon so we might as well hope for an improvement for the time being

Anything else just eats away inside the person bearing the grudge

I detest what the Venkys have done but see no point in continually revisiting it in a totally negative way

Well that's not going to be any time soon so we might as well hope for an improvement for the time being

Anything else just eats away inside the person bearing the grudge

I detest what the Venkys have done but see no point in continually revisiting it in a totally negative way

This is a transfer thread I know, but can you tell me how we revisit it in a positive way?

• Backroom

Why would Elmander leave Bröndby for Rovers?

Elmander has 85 caps for Sweden and is a very hardworking striker..

Age not an issue... But motivated?

But if we want 35 year old strikers why not get Zlatan?

Lol

Wiki says he's only scored 6 in 45 for Brøndby... is that true? Pretty abysmal stats for a striker in that standard of league. No more goal shy strikers, please.

Why would Elmander leave Bröndby for Rovers?

Elmander has 85 caps for Sweden and is a very hardworking striker..

Age not an issue... But motivated?

But if we want 35 year old strikers why not get Zlatan?

Lol

According to transfermarkt he is out of contract at the end of this month.

SEM etc had big connections to Gartside and Bolton. Wouldn't be surprised if we get lumped with a load of ex Bolton. whoevers clients they may be now, in order to keep them on Champ wages.

Haha nixon made to look a fool today was insistant hamill from barnsley was leaving and today they have announced hes signed a new contract...Barnsley fans rubbing it in nixons face and hes tryng to cover himself but digging a deeper hole haha

@reluctantnicko You had no clue where Adam Hammill was playing next season boss....Restore your rep...Where's George Moncur signing 😉

@CallumStrangwar Hammill had about six offers. Boss. And there the door

And as usual he has blocked them

If it was me i would honestly go for Stiliyan Petrov from Villa, I think he is fit enough to be our best midfielder.
now seriously whats going on with that Kim - Japanese guy that we were linked with last summer? Can we take him now?
and what is going on with McGeady is he staying in Wednesday? if no, we can probably try to take him if Everton doexnt want him anymore
LOL

P.S. I remember a few years ago when Hammil was playing in Wolves, i was so impressed with him but then he disappeared. i would love him here

Isgrove was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday too. Good little player. But I'd sooner go for Harrison Reed. Tenacious little blighter. Good in the tackle, gets up and down all day and can pick a pass. If he's out of the first team picture next season I'd be all over that.

I know it's probably the wrong thread but I'd be inclined to give Raya another chance this year. Really rate him. Another year older and had a chance to assess where he went wrong last year. I'd also sooner see Mahoney get game time than sign Feeney. And why not Nyambe too? It's a problematic position but the kid has talent and I'd sooner we pay him to make mistakes and learn than blow any of our precious budget on a second rate journeyman to make the same mistakes but get paid more.

Not saying we need to stick with these lads come hell or high water. But given promotion is a pipe dream, let's blood some young talent and see if they've got anything about them. No point having a relatively successful youth set up if they get kept out by other clubs cast offs.

If it was me i would honestly go for Stiliyan Petrov from Villa, I think he is fit enough to be our best midfielder.

now seriously whats going on with that Kim - Japanese guy that we were linked with last summer? Can we take him now?

and what is going on with McGeady is he staying in Wednesday? if no, we can probably try to take him if Everton doexnt want him anymore

LOL

P.S. I remember a few years ago when Hammil was playing in Wolves, i was so impressed with him but then he disappeared. i would love him here

Petrov has just recovered from AML Leukaemia, for him even to be considering a come back is a tremendous achievement.

Graham and Stokes have held talks with Rovers and Coyle.

The links are provide in the Transfers links page

Graham if it happens is a good deal for us .... Stokes also could do a job!.... the other we are linked with are not very exciting !!!!

Isgrove was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday too. Good little player. But I'd sooner go for Harrison Reed. Tenacious little blighter. Good in the tackle, gets up and down all day and can pick a pass. If he's out of the first team picture next season I'd be all over that.

I know it's probably the wrong thread but I'd be inclined to give Raya another chance this year. Really rate him. Another year older and had a chance to assess where he went wrong last year. I'd also sooner see Mahoney get game time than sign Feeney. And why not Nyambe too? It's a problematic position but the kid has talent and I'd sooner we pay him to make mistakes and learn than blow any of our precious budget on a second rate journeyman to make the same mistakes but get paid more.

Not saying we need to stick with these lads come hell or high water. But given promotion is a pipe dream, let's blood some young talent and see if they've got anything about them. No point having a relatively successful youth set up if they get kept out by other clubs cast offs.

Not sure about Raya as let's be honest he struggled in his handful of games at the beginning of last season. What's he learned from sitting on the bench since then ? Not a lot I'd suggest it's been a year wasted for him when he should have been on loan getting valuable games then maybe he could have stepped in now.

On the other two I'm inclined to agree I'd rather see them on the bench and getting the odd chance under the present financial climate.

I've lost track a bit. Have we actually signed Feeney or is it just a nightmare I have had. What is the position on this guy currently?

Archived