BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

More doom and gloom over nothing but idle rumours(bloody twitter rumours at that) from what i can see.

Personally i dont like or rate hanley much, but obviously i cant support any first team player sale unless an adequate percentage of the money received is made available to the manager to replace the player and/or strengthen other areas of the team.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sales to cover costs shouldn't happen on the scale they do here though. Whilst clubs always sell players what they then do is buy other players to cover weak positions or get in a quality replacement. They may put some into covering debt but not all of it less the money that goes wherever it hoes , down the back of the sofa or wherever. Here that's where all the money bar wages for a weaker placement goes. And Scott Wharton is not an acceptable replacement for Hanley. He's a kid who was excited very recently to get a contract, not one to push into playing for the first team any time soon.

We sold rhodes for good money and quickly replaced him with Graham(an all round better player imo) for relatively little cost.

If we could do that again by selling hanley or duffy that would be great, far easier said than done though i do admit.

You're prob right about not getting the money mate.

But I thought I read on here that they have never refused cash when asked by a manager. So surely if Coyle asks for any funds from sales he will receive them?

But I thought I read on here that they have never refused cash when asked by a manager. So surely if Coyle asks for any funds from sales he will receive them?

That myth was put to bed only a few months ago sadly and we're worse off without Paul Lambert at the club in my opinion PLJB.

Can't say I would disagree with any of that mate. Frustration is one thing. I just don't agree with the constant aggression shown to fellow Rovers supporters every time opinions differ. We've all endured the same crap but we just deal with things differently.

From a purely business point of view I also disagree with those demanding Venkys run the club this way, or that way. It's their money, they can do as they like. Good business practise suggests it would be better to engage with the fans but they are not obligated to. Like I said we all have our opinions. I for one would never get my knickers in a twist over something I can't effect.

But I respect that others do.

Didn't realise you meant between posters Mani, thought you were talking about a more general point.

As for the rest of your post, the club means life and death to many, to others its just a passing interest, and then we have lots of fans somewhere in the middle, so its never one size fits all.

Depth of interest/feeling/frustration and anger is personal to individuals, we're certainly not all the same and whilst you seem happy to sit back and watch this unfold because you can't impact proceedings, nowt wrong with that, plenty want to lynch the swines.

Didn't realise you meant between posters Mani, thought you were talking about a more general point.

As for the rest of your post, the club means life and death to many, to others its just a passing interest, and then we have lots of fans somewhere in the middle, so its never one size fits all.

Depth of interest/feeling/frustration and anger is personal to individuals, we're certainly not all the same and whilst you seem happy to sit back and watch this unfold because you can't impact proceedings, nowt wrong with that, plenty want to lynch the swines.

Fair enough mate.

Looking at Wes Brown in the instagram pics, he looks pretty content and happy with the rest of the lads, pretty sure he will be signing if a suitable deal can be worked out, even at his age when fit id have him ahead of hanley and duffy any day of the week.

Cmwgq1YWEAEdgpG.jpg

At that age I'd be more worried about why your dummy falls out so easily if I were you.

One or two on here with broad knowledge would know why I had a dig at betterment. That's you ruled out at the first hurdle though !

Dummy falling out? Not at all. If I have to join the club with you and the two others on here with "broad knowledge" then I'd rather not jump the first hurdle. I hope the three of you have fun.......Enjoy!

God knows when I managed to get under your skin but clearly the ship has sailed. Read back on what has been said between me and you on this topic then decided which of us should wind their neck in. I've used the phrase 'cash in' twice, hardly been banding it around like nobodies business. Besides, that phrase is perfect for what we'd be doing if accepting a bid for Hanley - you really are an angry man.

I've also alluded to that in another post - the point about cash being used to cover other costs. I haven't got an agenda and don't have to try and spin anything. I have 0 influence in how the club is run and therefore have 0 accountability. I don't need to spin anything. I have my own opinion, you have yours, this is a message board to post those. Stop getting irate when others disagree with you.

We'll agree to disagree then as from where I'm standing the only one with twisted underpants was you. I'll let you cash in your chips and quit whilst you think your ahead ;)

I can't even get irate about the whole thing anymore so don't be thinking your that special :tu:

Looking at Wes Brown in the instagram pics, he looks pretty content and happy with the rest of the lads, pretty sure he will be signing if a suitable deal can be worked out, even at his age when fit id have him ahead of hanley and duffy any day of the week.

Cmwgq1YWEAEdgpG.jpg

It would only literally be for a couple of days in his case. Answer me this, if he's so good why is he hanging around with us on the off chance of a contract ?

Probably because no one else in football will offer him the kind of deal he'll get here. We've been down this road before why are some so blind to it ?

Murphy, Etuhu, Nuno Gomez etc etc all ageing broken down 'names' who in most cases contributed jack all to the cause except to fill their and others pockets. A guy at his age who's been struggling with injuries for years isn't suddenly going to become fit enough to graft through 20 championship games all of a sudden.

Also don't think he's going to come here for ten grand a game or something either unless he's desperate.

I always find it a bit harsh lumping in Nuno Gomez with that lot. I know he was over the hill but I didn't think he was too bad. Bit of savvy and seemed to care.

Agree to a certain extent and I liked him but for various reasons we didn't get our moneys worth out of him and it's unlikely we'd have got many games out of him even if the corrupt goon decided to select him.

Reason I put him in as well is he's another who ended up here when no one else would give him the contract he got as he'd struggled just previous to pitching up here.

Agree to a certain extent and I liked him but for various reasons we didn't get our moneys worth out of him and it's unlikely we'd have got many games out of him even if the corrupt goon decided to select him.

Reason I put him in as well is he's another who ended up here when no one else would give him the contract he got as he'd struggled just previous to pitching up here.

Yeah I couldn't argue with that tomphil. I just thought he had a bit about him. Stupid comment. Of course he had something about him. He was great once upon a time. I guess I mean I never felt he took us for a ride. Despite his big wages he seemed like a proper pro.

I always find it a bit harsh lumping in Nuno Gomez with that lot. I know he was over the hill but I didn't think he was too bad. Bit of savvy and seemed to care.

I agree, he gave me his final career appearance match worn shirt for my birthday , which im sure many in portugal would love to own.

When he didnt play again and retired i did offer to give it him back, but he was happy for me to keep it, top guy

Yeah I couldn't argue with that tomphil. I just thought he had a bit about him. Stupid comment. Of course he had something about him. He was great once upon a time. I guess I mean I never felt he took us for a ride. Despite his big wages he seemed like a proper pro.

Yes he still had some class about him on the pitch and he did seem to like being here. Always remember that game away at Leeds in the first half he was class and a big reason why we tore them a new one for 45 mins.

He never really got chance to replicate that but that was coco for you.

Cmwgq1YWEAEdgpG.jpg

I'd be happy with a free all expenses paid trip to the Austrian countryside!

Ok, so I heard this evening that Wes Brown was on a coaching course a few weeks back and got chatting to one of the Rovers coaches who was also there (I reckon SS). Apparently Brown is in great nick and following a further chat with OC agreed to train with us. The talk amongst the squad / coaches is that he is killing it in training and would walk into the team.

For what it's worth my guess is that OC has given Newcastle the come on with Hanley. He prob reckons he'll get a decent chunk of the money and can replace Hanley with Brown this season...

Cmwgq1YWEAEdgpG.jpg

Stokes' dolls head weave is holding up quite well.

Rooney, take note.

Archived