BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

been waiting for Newcastle to bid for Hanley. been rumours for weeks.

if you want him then pay the asking price? I would ask for 8 mil plus. if they don't want to price it then do one

but if sold then the money must be reinvested in the summer transfer/wages pot

Or what Chaddy?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley will only go IF club wants him up. Love it at Rovers.

Do you mean the "club" or do you mean Venkys? Quite likely that the club(ie manager and coaching staff,fellow players, fans etc) want him to stay but that the owners want him off to keep the club running for a few more weeks. I know who will win! In fact I suspect that his replacement (on a free of course) is already in situ.

If Hanley does go will Cheston continue to tell us that the owners are committed to promotion? Probably.

He may love it at Rovers but I just couldn't see Hanley turning Newcastle down and someone has had the feelers out for a while, whether it's his camp or the clubs who knows ?

He'd be getting a gentle nudge towards the door anyway even if he wanted to stay. Quite simply if they wanted to keep him they'd be putting improved terms in front of him as a show of faith. Keeps his value up if nothing else.

Ok, so I heard this evening that Wes Brown was on a coaching course a few weeks back and got chatting to one of the Rovers coaches who was also there (I reckon SS). Apparently Brown is in great nick and following a further chat with OC agreed to train with us. The talk amongst the squad / coaches is that he is killing it in training and would walk into the team.

For what it's worth my guess is that OC has given Newcastle the come on with Hanley. He prob reckons he'll get a decent chunk of the money and can replace Hanley with Brown this season...

If your suspicions about Stewart recommending Brown it once again arouses my suspicion about Stewart knowing he was coming to us before Irvine actually left. Brown was there on the first day of training several days before Stewart arrived.

If your suspicions about Stewart recommending Brown it once again arouses my suspicion about Stewart knowing he was coming to us before Irvine actually left. Brown was there on the first day of training several days before Stewart arrived.

Tony, I don't think there can be any doubt that the Scots lads have tied things up for each other well in advance of reporting back for pre season. Even I, who was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to Alan Irvine at least, wouldn't try to argue that didn't happen now. Whether this 'look after your own' strategy/mentality is just simply rife in football - as opposed to being a Rovers thing - is where I differ from some people on this forum. More important for me is when was Coyle approached/appointed and by whom?

What Mani heard certainly supports what I heard about where SS was over the summer and why he couldn't report to Brockhall on day one of pre season training.

IF Brown can polish the edges off Duffy, provide cover/options and show the squad what it takes to be a premier league footballer (on and off the pitch) then fair enough - we lack experience and leaders in the squad.

(Usual "but only on a sensible deal" conditions apply)

Ahhhh mate, your suspicions are 100% correct. To put it bluntly, OC wanted SS in from the start. Irvine and OC amicable but Irvine asked to find a new job and did so.

Tony, I don't think there can be any doubt that the Scots lads have tied things up for each other well in advance of reporting back for pre season. Even I, who was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to Alan Irvine at least, wouldn't try to argue that didn't happen now. Whether this 'look after your own' strategy/mentality is just simply rife in football - as opposed to being a Rovers thing - is where I differ from some people on this forum. More important for me is when was Coyle approached/appointed and by whom?

What Mani heard certainly supports what I heard about where SS was over the summer and why he couldn't report to Brockhall on day one of pre season training.

Bang on.

Brown has only played 56 league games in the last four years.

If he is signed to replace Hanley, that would be a huge gamble.

Okay as a replacement for Kilgallon but that's all

We can't dispute his injuries. But tbf you can't dispute that if signed, Brown would be the best CB at the club. I watched him last season and he was still absolutely top class.

It's just they are more Rovers and as good as the ones we are signing, point taken just want more of a local feel about todays Rovers.

If you're so keen to see Blackburn lads playing football then get yourself down Pleasy on a Sunday morning.

Or is that too far for you?

There is a far bigger picture here Andy and this latest information from Mani adds to the suspicions that there are still dark forces working at Rovers albeit in the guise of our 'manager' rather than agents. Quite simply Cheston has been made to look a fool of by Coyle given his LT interview before Coyle was even mentioned. The criteria he laid down just isn't being met. This is becoming like the Chinese water torture and the constant drips of water are now causing a lot of headaches.

I have it on good authority that Coyle isn't all he paints himself to be as this honest, church going individual.

The talk amongst the squad / coaches is that he is killing it in training and would walk into the team.

That's all well and good, but he won't cope with the demands of competitive football.

That's all well and good, but he won't cope with the demands of competitive football.

Different kettle of fish if Hanley leaves but a replacement for killa and potentially a coach with experience ranging from top to bottom of the top league, including some international?

If he's cheap I think it's a decent shout.

If he's Hanleys replacement then we could be screwed however we'd still have Ward and Duffy whom are decent IMO at this level - think Duffy might push on a bit this season also.

There is a far bigger picture here Andy and this latest information from Mani adds to the suspicions that there are still dark forces working at Rovers albeit in the guise of our 'manager' rather than agents. Quite simply Cheston has been made to look a fool of by Coyle given his LT interview before Coyle was even mentioned. The criteria he laid down just isn't being met. This is becoming like the Chinese water torture and the constant drips of water are now causing a lot of headaches.

I have it on good authority that Coyle isn't all he paints himself to be as this honest, church going individual.

Hence my question about when was Coyle appointed and by whom (and my email to Cheston, which he still hasn't replied to).

In the normal scheme of things Irvine leaving and Stewart coming in wouldn't even cause a ripple and is the sort of thing that happens at football clubs on a daily basis one would imagine. But some people are focussing/fixating on it rather than that bigger issue you refer to.

It is interesting that Mike Cheston hasn't replied to my very detailed interrogation of the recruitment of Coyle, probably because he either can't answer some of the questions because he wasn't actually involved, or he won't answer them because lies would easily be picked apart.

Different kettle of fish if Hanley leaves but a replacement for killa and potentially a coach with experience ranging from top to bottom of the top league, including some international?

If he's cheap I think it's a decent shout.

If he's Hanleys replacement then we could be screwed however we'd still have Ward and Duffy whom are decent IMO at this level - think Duffy might push on a bit this season also.

Agreed. We can only speculate on whether we are/will get value from the Brown deal but if it comes off and he manages to play 25 or 30 games he will be an asset in lots of ways

It's hardly surprising murmurs of dark forces when you look at the connection of the guy supposed to be running the show now. Then out of the blue in wings another ex connected guy who then tells us all he's never heard of his ex connection instead of just saying yes I used to work with them but now I don't.

The stink never went away it just went underground.

Newcastle. First bid for Hanley rejected at 3.5. Blackburn want a lot more. Second bid expected shortly. Won't be going cheap.

From Alan Nixon

Is that the same Alan Nixon that said Newcastle hadn't bid for Hanley yesterday?

So did Paul Wheelock aswell. Yesterday afternoon

Then the bid came in last evening which both Nixon and Wheelock did

Hence my question about when was Coyle appointed and by whom (and my email to Cheston, which he still hasn't replied to).

In the normal scheme of things Irvine leaving and Stewart coming in wouldn't even cause a ripple and is the sort of thing that happens at football clubs on a daily basis one would imagine. But some people are focussing/fixating on it rather than that bigger issue you refer to.

It is interesting that Mike Cheston hasn't replied to my very detailed interrogation of the recruitment of Coyle, probably because he either can't answer some of the questions because he wasn't actually involved, or he won't answer them because lies would easily be picked apart.

Agreed. We can only speculate on whether we are/will get value from the Brown deal but if it comes off and he manages to play 25 or 30 games he will be an asset in lots of ways

Good post - just to add in - think the Irvine issue has been picked up on so much because it is a key piece of evidence that Chesterton was either talking out of his behind or the goal posts moved when Coyle appointed.

Regardless, the big issue is, who is running our club.

Archived