BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

Gutted that Cardiff appear to have appointed Warnock. It mould be incredibly ironic but entirely symptomatic of Venkys disastrous track record if the manager we were on the verge of appointing then overlooked effectively relegated us by getting Cardiff out of trouble.

It will just be another kick in the teeth for Rovers supporters as we watch him keep a rival up probably at our expense. Never mind, Venkys save a few bob on the wages.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoilett off to Cardiff on a free transfer. What on earth happened to that lad? Absolutely brilliant for us for a couple of seasons under Kean. If we'd been run by competent owners instead of circus clowns and got him on a bumper contract near the start of 10/11, I reckon we'd have gotten around £10m for him.

Since then he's done nothing. Would have been good to have him back but he obviously wants to play for a proper manager.

• Backroom

Hoilett off to Cardiff on a free transfer. What on earth happened to that lad? Absolutely brilliant for us for a couple of seasons under Kean. If we'd been run by competent owners instead of circus clowns and got him on a bumper contract near the start of 10/11, I reckon we'd have gotten around £10m for him.

Since then he's done nothing. Would have been good to have him back but he obviously wants to play for a proper manager.

A classic case of too much too soon. Thought he'd already made it when he hadn't even got started.

Cardiff have signed Hoilett and Sol Bamba on free transfers this week following Warnock's arrival. Both players have the potential to do a good job for Cardiff.

I guess we'll see how its done shortly when a club seemingly doomed to relegation under a clueless manager with a team that has all the hallmarks of a relegation haunted side quickly turns it around with a sensible managerial change and 2-3 free transfers. The question is why can't we or won't we?

All the nonsense spouted on here and on twitter about Rovers not being able to do any better due to loony owners and a lack of money are going to be shown to be wrong when Warnock succeeds at Cardiff (a club who still haven't scored a goal at home without Shane Duffy's help) taking over mid-season and spending very little.

I heard that Bowyer was close to bring Hoilett back to Rovers last season just before he was sacked

I think Warnock has made three very good free transfer signings as he will simply get the very best out of them.

I expect Cardiff to finish comfortably mid table now which clearly doesn't augur well for Rovers. I think there is going to be an awful lot of egg on face.

If we presume Cardiff are going to be safe with Warnock, and presume both Villa and Derby will climb the league with the quality they have once they have new managers in place, then the relegation club is quite a small collection. Ourselves, Rotherham, Wigan will be in there until the bitter end, possibly Burton also. At this stage I can't see anyone else being part of the equation. Fulham and QPR have had dodgy spells, but both should have the quality to keep clear. Preston look like they have overcome their early season poor form and I can't see them going down. There's no chance of Ipswich dropping unless McCarthy leaves, but they do have a very poor squad.

Clubs that were tipped to struggle by many, such as Barnsley, Bristol City and Birmingham, are flying high, and will probably have such a lead over us by Xmas that we won't be able to catch them regardless of what happens in the second half of the season. Others pinned their hopes on basket case rivals such as Leeds and Forest imploding and taking one of the bottom 3 slots, but that looks unlikely at this stage.

Not looking good at all.

I heard that Bowyer was close to bring Hoilett back to Rovers last season just before he was sacked

You ACTUALLY heard this and are ITK or you read it on Twitter ? I read there are giant mice eating green cheese on the moon don't mean it's true

If Sol Bamba left Leeds in September, how is he allowed to sign for another club?

He was in contract when the transfer window closed so surely he can't sign or play until January? Or am I missing something obvious?

Otherwise anyone wanting to move clubs could have the contract cancelled / bought out and then sign for someone else.

I think Warnock has made three very good free transfer signings as he will simply get the very best out of them.

I expect Cardiff to finish comfortably mid table now which clearly doesn't augur well for Rovers. I think there is going to be an awful lot of egg on face.

I'm not so sure, buying players from the benches of other clubs is notoriously tricky. Hoilett and Chamakh probably think they should be playing in the Champions League, will Warnock be able to get them to perform for Cardiff?

• Moderation Lead

Warnock confirming today in the LT what my Dad told me he'd heard from Ronnie Jepson and what Speedie Dived corroborated about him being speaking to Rovers.

FFS, it seems even worse from the horse's mouth, somehow.

I'm sorry J*B as much as I like Derby...

It's borderline criminal/insane that we plucked some daft t*** from the MLS after he was let go after his most recent failure. To think Warnock and possibly Chamack, Hoillett and Bamba would be here now is almost as offensive as the day he was appointed. Even McClaren. Whilst Villa get Bruce coincidently after we were scammed and relegated could have gone for after he was sacked by Sunderland.

He shares the same touchline now as players like Shearer, Sutton, Sherwood, Santa Cruz, McCarthy warmed up on. Let alone Hughes, Dalglish and I will say Hodgson from what he achieved elsewhere from a managerial point of view.

Who on earth would appoint OC to this great club with such a rich history if they were not unambitious, dodgy or just plain down designing another relegation?

Might have dumbed the club, supporters expectations but they wont ever manage to dumb down what preceded before them!

This club, has won a PL, a carling cup, created first class facilities like an academy and training ground whilst if the ground could get a jet wash isn't half bad. We are geared up to be topend Yo-Yo Championship or at least Premiership, what is happening before us now is a farce.

Coyle gives a good presser ... Remember that word?

But at least people like Hughesy and to his credit Bowyer knew what this club was about.

Archived