BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14 May 2017 at 16:49, AllRoverAsia said:

That can be read as blaming Mowbray more than Coyle for relegation. Clever yet devious.

Has the rewriting of Coyle's tenure started?

Seneca, Battersby, Currie, Williams and now Mowbray.

Who's left to go after in the 'good guy' witch hunt.

No not blaming Mowbray pal he was brought in with a remit but unfortunately every team around us improved tenfold at the same time as us.

Would Norwich fans want a Judas back? Time's a great healer though, forgiveness for another taste of success, will surely cross their minds. 

I bet most PNEFC fans would have Billy Davies back when Grayson moves on, I know I would.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Reading some Wolves forums, plenty seem comfortable with an agent running their club. 'Exciting times' said one.

I wonder if Mendes is sleeping at the training ground...

Is his son the next david luiz?

7 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

Would Norwich fans want a Judas back? Time's a great healer though, forgiveness for another taste of success, will surely cross their minds. 

I bet most PNEFC fans would have Billy Davies back when Grayson moves on, I know I would.

I know a couple of Norwich fans and they wouldn't want Lambert back at any price.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Reading some Wolves forums, plenty seem comfortable with an agent running their club. 'Exciting times' said one.

Yeah a lot of Wolves fans seem happy with Mendes running their transfer policy and picking their head coach.

crazy that this is happening still that agent or agents are having so much influence over transfer policy and head coach choice

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah a lot of Wolves fans seem happy with Mendes running their transfer policy and picking their head coach.

crazy that this is happening still that agent or agents are having so much influence over transfer policy and head coach choice

It sounds like an arranged marriage where the bride and groom (manager and coach) are the last to find out who they will be lashed up with.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Sky and similar money has a lot to answer for.

So have the Clubs for paying players way too much and more and more allowing players and their agents to take control.

The problem is that the few big clubs have multi revenue sources and they are the drivers behind crazy player wages whereas most clubs now need all or most of their revenue just to pay player wages.

I really do not believe that this is what the Bosman ruling expected.

I will be staying up to hopefully watch Sheff Wed win tonight.

If the other shower win they might well beat an average Reading in the Final.

What a bunch of bang average teams there are in the Championship play-offs and whomever goes up is odds on to come straight back down.......considerably richer.

A reflection of the overall poor Championship standard excluding Toon and Brighton who themselves need to spend big to stay in the PL next season.

It'll be a very strong league next season will the Championship; two more big clubs coming up, replacing the two small clubs that went down, and three big clubs coming down from the Premier League. 

• Backroom

Rhodes used to always score against Huddersfield for us, I was shocked he didn't score against us for Boro or Wednesday, let's hope he scores tonight 

Just now, Tom said:

Rhodes used to always score against Huddersfield for us, I was shocked he didn't score against us for Boro or Wednesday, let's hope he scores tonight 

And celebrates in front of the Huddersfield fans by removing his shirt to reveal a Rovers top......to a chorus of "Arry Redknapp is a ******"

Like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter...

Don't get the Hudders hate, ok weekend side against Brum, but over 46 games we were under performing collectively, late manager changes, owen coyle initially appointed, started the season with only 7 outfield players! We were masters of our downfall.

Cheston this year and collectively venkys to blame.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Don't get the Hudders hate, ok weekend side against Brum, but over 46 games we were under performing collectively, late manager changes, owen coyle initially appointed, started the season with only 7 outfield players! We were masters of our downfall.

Agreed. 

"Rhodes on the counter with his pace could finish Huddersfield off" was a line just now from the co-commentator! 

On 2017-5-16 at 06:58, Mattyblue said:

Exciting times lol I remember certain rover's fans saying the exact same 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Brum, no win in 10, heading down without a fight,  in freefall, desperate for a bit of hope, luck, anything to drag them from the abyss. Oh here's Wagner and his reserves... thank frig for that.

Archived