SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, terriertownson said:

Hello,

I think I should bring some clarity to this issue for you. I understand the upset caused by relegation and the anger and frustration caused by the damage done by the Venky's to your club. I will try to be to the point and accurate.

The Team Huddersfield put out  were not a bunch of has-beens and youth teamers. 

Starters per htafc
Coleman      8
Smith         43 normal captain and in EFL team of the year
Hudson      26 team captain (sub '67 Mooy 50 EFL team of the year)
Cranie        19
Holmes-D   13 (sub '45 Wells 46)
Whitehead 19
Billing         28
Payne        27

Lolley         22

Bunn          19  (sub '67 Scannell 16)
Quanner    18 only joined in January often 1st choice

That is 243 (Subs not included) first team appearances in the starting XI. 

Huddersfield have consistently rotated out 3-7  players for virtually every game since December. Huddersfield do not have a 1st XI and a reserve team. What we have is a squad of about 20 1st team players to choose from. Using the rotation policy was the only way such a small squad was able to make it through the season and a good cup run while staying fresh. The game after Town V's Birmingham  saw another series of changes. 

I appreciate that Relegation hurts but it was not due to Town playing a significantly weakened team. The team Town put out should have been able to beat Birmingham but it didn't. It is worth remembering many of those players were the same ones that held Man City 0-0 in the cup. 

Huddersfield have rotated consistently since December and the last two games (after qualification into the play offs) were designed to give all 20 first team players 90 tough minutes in preparation for the playoff to come. 

We should have won more games in the 45 preceding before it pal! We deserved to go down and shouldn't have to rely on other teams bailing us out especially when 5 games to go destiny was in our own hands.

Good luck in the final, nice to see a northern team up there.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

We should have won more games in the 45 preceding before it pal! We deserved to go down and shouldn't have to rely on other teams bailing us out especially when 5 games to go destiny was in our own hands.

Creep

Hello,

I think I should bring some clarity to this issue for you. I understand the upset caused by relegation and the anger and frustration caused by the damage done by the Venky's to your club. I will try to be to the point and accurate.

Starters per htafc
Coleman      8
Cranie        19
Whitehead 19
Billing         28
Payne        27

Lolley         22

Huddersfield have consistently rotated out 3-7  players for virtually every game since December. Huddersfield do not have a 1st XI and a reserve team. What we have is a squad of about 20 1st team players to choose from. Using the rotation policy was the only way such a small squad was able to make it through the season and a good cup run while staying fresh. The game after Town V's Birmingham  saw another series of changes. 

I appreciate that Relegation hurts but it was not due to Town playing a significantly weakened team. The team Town put out should have been able to beat Birmingham but it didn't. It is worth remembering many of those players were the same ones that held Man City 0-0 in the cup. 

Huddersfield have rotated consistently since December and the last two games (after qualification into the play offs) were designed to give all 20 first team players 90 tough minutes in preparation for the playoff to come. 

Ultimately we only have ourselves to blame for going down but whatever you say that wasn't your strongest team. Now I believe you should be able to pick what team you want and by the sounds of it the EFL will make the rule redundant. Still with everything that's gone on it's left a bad taste in the mouth, I think you coming on here this soon after is not the best move.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

thanks and for what it is worth; I hope you get shot of the terrible Venky's and have someone with your club at heart to start the rebuilding process and come back strong once more. A traditional northern community with the football club at its heart.

Good luck for next season. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Whilst we're at it, I wish Burnley all   the best for next season- here's to them making another £65bazillion

Good on them! We had our day on the sun and still would have if it wasn't for JEROME and Venkys owning us.

Good for the north and in burnley case the local area, successful team means more town centre investment creating more jobs etc

Just now, terriertownson said:

thanks and for what it is worth; I hope you get shot of the terrible Venky's and have someone with your club at heart to start the rebuilding process and come back strong once more. A traditional northern community with the football club at its heart.

get a room FFS!

Huddersfield = cheating barstewards.

Just now, terriertownson said:

Cheers pal! 7 years on, two relagations, Europe to league 1 in a blink of an eye with the FA playing a role.

Smith and Billing look gems!

Hello,

Starters per htafc
Coleman      8
Cranie        19
Whitehead 19
Billing         28
Payne        27

Lolley         22

You can dress it up all you like but ten changes isn't rotation and the (albeit unenforceable) rule was broken. I understand why your Klopp wannabe boss did it but that number of changes does bring the integrity of the competition into doubt.

I used to like Huddersfield having refereed them many times but I lost a lot of respect for them after what they did. We weren't relegated directly because of this but it certainly did us (and the competition) no favours.

Whilst we're at it, I wish Burnley all   the best for next season- here's to them making another £65bazillion

And Bolton. Quietly hoping that Fleetwood and Bury will take the top two spots as well.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Good on them! We had our day on the sun and still would have if it wasn't for JEROME and Venkys owning us.

Good for the north and in burnley case the local area, successful team means more town centre investment creating more jobs etc

No passion, no pride, just business.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Good on them? Good for the north? Crimes.

I'll tell you what, none of the Burleydytes were saying the same thing when Rovers were a PL team. Not behind our backs anyway.

Just now, Stuart said:

Good on them? Good for the north? Crimes.

I'll tell you what, none of the Burleydytes were saying the same thing when Rovers were a PL team. Not behind our backs anyway.

Different though potentially jealous having never had it... Either way allot on here live or work that way. It's 9 miles apart so yes it's good for the local area, even better if 2 teams (rovers) were up there.

football is more than 90 minutes look at the social economic benefits to local business it helps, additionally the allocation of  central government funds spent on town centres and on a bigger scale take stock of city group and the regeneration of beswick at the moment around the ettihad, all brought on by success on the pitch, but a huge impact on the towns more so than 90 minutes.

10 in a row for Celtic then? Just think of all potential regeneration for the east end of Glasgow!

Behave won't get near 10

Glasgow has quite the regeneration plan underway! Il dig out a report I've got on burnley and the awards of the government from the last PL season they had, it's quite intresting how it works that way.

10 in a row for Celtic then? Just think of all the potential regeneration for the east end of Glasgow!

Great for whole of Scotland really. I'm surprised the SNP haven't included it in their list of successes.

Archived