BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

19 minutes ago, terriertownson said:

thanks and for what it is worth; I hope you get shot of the terrible Venky's and have someone with your club at heart to start the rebuilding process and come back strong once more. A traditional northern community with the football club at its heart.

Good luck for next season. 

Never mind some of our fans. They like to play the blame game. Rovers only have themselves to blame for this mess

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, arbitro said:

You can dress it up all you like but ten changes isn't rotation and the (albeit unenforceable) rule was broken. I understand why your Klopp wannabe boss did it but that number of changes does bring the integrity of the competition into doubt.

I used to like Huddersfield having refereed them many times but I lost a lot of respect for them after what they did. We weren't relegated directly because of this but it certainly did us (and the competition) no favours.

The Huddersfield behaviour did directly contribute to our relegation.

The war is won by winning the smaller battles. 

TM had got us back to having a chance.

Huddersfield then fecked that up in 1 game.

People can dress it up to suit their own agendas but this is what actually happened.

The bog standard reply is a season is decided over 46 games. Well this one broke the mould. It wasn 't.

I think Huddersfield will beat Reading who are not much. It's fate. Good luck to the Hudds fans but feck you Wangker.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sums Leeds up. See them fall back next year because the owner is a nut job. 

Agree, but even more tragic is I'd swap him for ours in a heatbeat. He's desperate to get them up one way or another...

Just now, Batman. said:

Agree, but even more tragic is I'd swap him for ours in a heatbeat. He's desperate to get them up one way or another...

He is, but he is going about it in a very erratic way. He almost hit the jackpot last year by appointing Monk. He had a lot of misses before that. He could just as likely appoint another dud next time around, they struggle and then he would just walk away out of the blue. But yes, I probably would take him! 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Don't they have a new owner, Andrea Radrizzani, or is that who you meant? 

Yes I was just thinking the same. It's mad to think that a club like Leeds doesn't even own their own stadium and training ground. You could almost say that they're in a worse position than us..... Maybe not! 

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Monk is 4/5 favourite for the palace job.I'm hoping Palace will go for Dyche

Sky bet has Monk 4/6 for Boro job and 11/10 for Palace job..

Adkins is the favourite for Hull. 

McInnes favourite for Sunderland 

I don't think Wolves really know what they are doing. They had Jackett, fired him and tried the exotic foreign head coach route, ended up in a relegation scrap, turned to Lambert who kept them up and now look set to replace him with another fancy foreign coach who happens to be best mates with the bloke advising the owners.

I don't think they'll end up in the same state as us because their owners will keep on pouring in money until they get it right and will hire competent managers and staff and sign quality players, but its a bit of a circus there by the looks of things. Expect millions to be spent recruiting unknown Portuguese players this summer.

What gets me about all this is that it used to be just the PL that had a shortage of British managers - yet now foreign managers are now taking over the Championship as well. Are we really that bad as a nation that we cannot develop top football brains anymore? Big Sam has retired now too, so who really is there now that we can call an international class manager (let alone world class one)?

The game that we invented and we cannot produce footballers or managers that can compete at the very top.

41 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

What gets me about all this is that it used to be just the PL that had a shortage of British managers - yet now foreign managers are now taking over the Championship as well. Are we really that bad as a nation that we cannot develop top football brains anymore? Big Sam has retired now too, so who really is there now that we can call an international class manager (let alone world class one)?

The game that we invented and we cannot produce footballers or managers that can compete at the very top.

Sky Sports and the wider media are partly to blame for this. Foreigners and foreign managers are portrayed as exotic, progressive, generally bring better quality football and are seen as the way forward.

Contrast with the British managers today. Other than Eddie Howe al the British managers are portrayed as dull, boring, 'safe'. Pulis and Allardyce have done wonders in recent seasons yet would never get top jobs. Dyche is still at Burnley after 5 years over overachievement because no other club wants him, instead preferring to go foreign. David Moyes has been torn to shreds in recent years after his United experience despite doing no worse in the League than Van Gaal or Mourinho. Yet Moyes is portrayed as negative, old school, out of his depth etc.

Smaller clubs then copy the bigger clubs. Once upon a time it was mainly Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs who regularly hired foreign bosses in the late 90s. Since then the smaller clubs in the Premier League have attempted to follow suit. 

Unfortunately clubs will now look at Reading/Huddersfield and see Stam and Wagner doing well and will try to copy it. Norwich have done it by appointing this latest German having usually always appointed British managers. They'll try and promote it as doing something different and no doubt their fans will buy into it as Huddersfield's have.

Meanwhile the British managers keep getting pushed down. Our very own Tony Mowbray has years of experience in the Championship and a good win record yet would struggle to even get a job in the Championship now.

Like everything else in this country it is seen as 'progress' to sell everything overseas. I don't agree.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't think Wolves really know what they are doing. They had Jackett, fired him and tried the exotic foreign head coach route, ended up in a relegation scrap, turned to Lambert who kept them up and now look set to replace him with another fancy foreign coach who happens to be best mates with the bloke advising the owners.

I don't think they'll end up in the same state as us because their owners will keep on pouring in money until they get it right and will hire competent managers and staff and sign quality players, but its a bit of a circus there by the looks of things. Expect millions to be spent recruiting unknown Portuguese players this summer.

I do believe if Lambert had been properly backed here then we could have been a force to contend with unlike the fart in the wind this season.  

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sky Sports and the wider media are partly to blame for this. Foreigners and foreign managers are portrayed as exotic, progressive, generally bring better quality football and are seen as the way forward.

Contrast with the British managers today. Other than Eddie Howe al the British managers are portrayed as dull, boring, 'safe'. Pulis and Allardyce have done wonders in recent seasons yet would never get top jobs. Dyche is still at Burnley after 5 years over overachievement because no other club wants him, instead preferring to go foreign. David Moyes has been torn to shreds in recent years after his United experience despite doing no worse in the League than Van Gaal or Mourinho. Yet Moyes is portrayed as negative, old school, out of his depth etc.

Smaller clubs then copy the bigger clubs. Once upon a time it was mainly Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs who regularly hired foreign bosses in the late 90s. Since then the smaller clubs in the Premier League have attempted to follow suit. 

Unfortunately clubs will now look at Reading/Huddersfield and see Stam and Wagner doing well and will try to copy it. Norwich have done it by appointing this latest German having usually always appointed British managers. They'll try and promote it as doing something different and no doubt their fans will buy into it as Huddersfield's have.

Meanwhile the British managers keep getting pushed down. Our very own Tony Mowbray has years of experience in the Championship and a good win record yet would struggle to even get a job in the Championship now.

Like everything else in this country it is seen as 'progress' to sell everything overseas. I don't agree.

Sky sports has definitely had a negative impact in the fact that the top divisions aren't for the working man anymore. Going to QPR this season for me and my boy cost an arm and a leg. If you're going to try and take one positive out this sorry mess is at least prices should be fairly reasonable next season, yes I know I'm clutching at straws!  

Just now, Tony Rover said:

I do believe if Lambert had been properly backed here then we could have been a force to contend with unlike the fart in the wind this season.  

I don't even think it was a money issue. I'm sure if the club had been honest from the start about the financial situation and how much he would have to spend then he might have agreed to work within constraints. More important was the joke 'structure' of the club which has become clear again this season. One director who doesn't know what he's talking about, a biscuitman running messages around the world and a manager who can only get answers by flying around the world. Lambert wasn't prepared to put up with that nonsense. A Chairman who he could work with and get answers from and things would have been much different.

Archived