BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Danny Graham

Makes you wonder why he chose us den, doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it's s strange one.

Maybe because he enjoyed his time here, knows he'll be well regarded by the fans, has had first hand, extended experience of what it's like to be unhappy (and unused) at a club and didn't want to risk experiencing that again at his age?

Few players will care about most of the stuff that is bothering us vis a vis owners and board room issues.

• Like 2

Excellent move - first positive move of the summer. The difference between this sort of signing and the previous is the difference of proven quality vs hopeful.

Can't believe 8 years ago watching Carlisle I would be chuffed that Graham had signed for us. Times change.

Now if only we could be rid of the manager, owner and external influences on the club. Then it'd be a very good day.

And we still need another couple of quality forwards to support Graham. But for once we've made a positive step.

Maybe because he enjoyed his time here, knows he'll be well regarded by the fans, has had first hand, extended experience of what it's like to be unhappy (and unused) at a club and didn't want to risk experiencing that again at his age?

Few players will care about most of the stuff that is bothering us vis a vis owners and board room issues.

I'm not suggesting any sort of conspiracy, but what I would say is I don't think Danny had as many offers as some would have us believe, but I bet Coyle tells us he had many suitors like Stokes did.

If they fire us to the Premiership nobody will be happier than me.

Certain players sometimes fit some clubs better than others.

Perhaps he just feels at home with us

Yes it could be that Aggy.

Edited by Gav

Good signing. Sadly won't offset the hindrance of the manager

Why are they playing up front together? ;)

It's a cracking signing IMO and to me OC has done his job here if he has persuaded DG to sign for less than he could've got elsewhere.

• Like 1

Danny Graham scores when he wants was probably the highlight of a drab season

yep, in particularly the renedition against boro :)

When brown received a yellow and everyone booed and chanted 'off off off' was pretty funny too tbh, felt a bit sorry for brown like

Can't fault him as a player, puts a shift in, can score and link up play.. great signing.. shame about the manager but he may just prove us wrong yet.. if he landed one of the better promising young guns (Roberts or Toral) from the PL then we could be in for a decent enough season.. ok maybe just wishful thinking but DG is certainly good enough for the championship top end clubs imo

• Like 4

Good signing, makes us into a proper team. The massive gap between striker and midfield disappeared when he played. Best striker we've had since the Yak.

Agree with Parson we need more. If Graham got injured and Stokes isn't up to it, we'll still be in big trouble.

Great signing and a proper centre forward for us.

we need a pacey striker in now. then it would give us really good options up front

Nor me. He could have got a better club than us at present.

He said he enjoyed his time here last season and the plans for the future from Coyle

No great lover of Coyle,but if Lambert was the "bees knees" and Coyle is as bad as people think,would Graham seriously have signed.I think this allied to the strength of the backroom staff, who were instrumental in suggesting Coyle's appointment,paints a more positive approach. Lambert said all the right things but achieved very little..

Edited by blondie
  • Like 1

This is a really good signing and even more incredible is it makes sense. The whole thing does. Brought him in to test the goods. Impressed by what we saw and then actually stood up to be counted and did the deal. Not often I say this but well done Rovers.

Have to say I'm impressed with the summer business thus far. 2 out of 3 seem good signings and the third is an unknown. Seems like we've more to do and it seems the manager is talking with a sense of assuredness which suggests the other moves have been given the green light from up high. None of this 'we'll see' or 'we're always keeping our eyes open and we'll see what can be done if anything crops up'. It's refreshing and almost sounds like we're working to a plan!!

Two hopes for me now. The first, we keep our better players. The second, the manager assembling this squad is capable enough to manage them and achieve results. Can't say I'm too optimistic about either. But this has been offset by two solid signings and for once I actually don't feel thoroughly disheartened just yet. It's far from rosy, but it feels better going into a season with strikers like Graham and Stokes than it did last year with fonz, brown, koita and Rhodes.

Edit - quick question to anyone. Is 'assuredness' a word? Doesn't look right.

Edited by patrickvalery

No great lover of Coyle,but if Lambert was the "bees knees" and Coyle is as bad as people think,would Graham seriously have signed.I think this allied to the strength of the backroom staff, who were instrumental in suggesting Coyle's appointment,paints a more positive approach. Lambert said all the right things but achieved very little..

I think one things for certain, some players and managers don't do their homework before signing for clubs blondie. I think Graham enjoyed his time here, no doubt about that, but I also think he didn't have as many offers as some would have us think.

As for Coyle, the players he's managed all seem to like him, sadly he's been useless as a manager, lets hope he bucks that trend here.

• Like 1

This is a really good signing and even more incredible is it makes sense. The whole thing does. Brought him in to test the goods. Impressed by what we saw and then actually stood up to be counted and did the deal. Not often I say this but well done Rovers.

Have to say I'm impressed with the summer business thus far. 2 out of 3 seem good signings and the third is an unknown. Seems like we've more to do and it seems the manager is talking with a sense of assuredness which suggests the other moves have been given the green light from up high. None of this 'we'll see' or 'we're always keeping our eyes open and we'll see what can be done if anything crops up'. It's refreshing and almost sounds like we're working to a plan!!

Two hopes for me now. The first, we keep our better players. The second, the manager assembling this squad is capable enough to manage them and achieve results. Can't say I'm too optimistic about either. But this has been offset by two solid signings and for once I actually don't feel thoroughly disheartened just yet. It's far from rosy, but it feels better going into a season with strikers like Graham and Stokes than it did last year with fonz, brown, koita and Rhodes.

Edit - quick question to anyone. Is 'assuredness' a word? Doesn't look right.

yes it is a word

Are you really comparing Coyle and Lambert as managers? Or are you forgetting who brought Irvine and Kelly in? Pretty sure they must have held Lambert in high regard to come here in the first place.

I think you are making a mistake if you are being taken in by Coyles 'positivity'.

Very happy with this signing, still can't believe that given his performances at Ewood, that a bottom end PL side or top championship side hasn't taken him. For example he'd be an ideal signing for the likes of the dingles.

Maybe he's happy, having had a torrid time since leaving Swansea, just to be playing every week, and to be at a club where he's wanted by the fans and the management. He's also good mates with a few of the players, including Steele which would have influenced his decision too.

Before I saw DG I have to admit that I didn't rate him from fleeting replays on MOTD etc, however I really do rate his all round play - he has a great first touch and works hard. Can score goals and hold a ball up for the team, which isn't something we've had in previous seasons.

If we can pick up a midfielder who can pick him out, I'd suggest we are looking in shape.

If nyambe, Mahoney and a few of the others are ready to step up, we could have a bit of depth - all be it a bit inexperienced!

The question that remains still is will we keep our other better players.

• Like 1

We knew he was a touch of class, we sang his name, and we reduced Rhodes to "not needed" by replacing his name with Danny Graham's in that song against 'Boro. Looks like we bagged him because we showed him a bit of love. The fans did this one!

I'm gutted to not be renewing this season. I won't be in the country after December, and may not be able to make it to many matches in the meantime in any case but I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on us; as always, I'll be bouncing when we're winning and hurting when we're losing. Let's hope we can get some more good 'uns through the door quickly. COYB.

A pal of mine and his son got DG's autograph a while back and had a brief chat. Mate said he got the impression Graham was genuinely appreciative of the way fans had taken to him after stepping into Rhodes boots. He probably thought it would be a bit difficult to win over often hard to please fans after their big favourite had gone.

Said a bloke called Den had made him feel like the new Jordan straight away :lol:

• Like 6

Before I saw DG I have to admit that I didn't rate him from fleeting replays on MOTD etc, however I really do rate his all round play - he has a great first touch and works hard. Can score goals and hold a ball up for the team, which isn't something we've had in previous seasons.

If we can pick up a midfielder who can pick him out, I'd suggest we are looking in shape.

If nyambe, Mahoney and a few of the others are ready to step up, we could have a bit of depth - all be it a bit inexperienced!

The question that remains still is will we keep our other better players.

I know it's probably a bit cavalier and almost certainly naive, but I'd sooner Mahoney get given a run than sign the likes of Feeney. No problem with the experienced sorts like graham and Stokes. But a club like ours needs to give youth an opportunity over signing journeymen.

• Like 4

A pal of mine and his son got DG's autograph a while back and had a brief chat. Mate said he got the impression Graham was genuinely appreciative of the way fans had taken to him after stepping into Rhodes boots. He probably thought it would be a bit difficult to win over often hard to please fans after their big favourite had gone.

My lad managed to get a pitch side selfie with him on the last day of the season when he came over to collect a stray ball and, as he trotted back to join his team mates my lad said - with all sincerity - ''Thanks for playing for us, Danny' (assuming it would be the last time) and just got a grin. I think the fans' appreciation and taking to him so quickly was a big factor. Although I suspect he will be on very good money too.