BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Danny Graham

My lad managed to get a pitch side selfie with him on the last day of the season when he came over to collect a stray ball and, as he trotted back to join his team mates my lad said - with all sincerity - ''Thanks for playing for us, Danny' (assuming it would be the last time) and just got a grin. I think the fans' appreciation and taking to him so quickly was a big factor. Although I suspect he will be on very good money too.

And yet people are so quick to dismiss booing and jeering towards a player during a match. It's madness. Just imagine the feeling having thousands of fans singing your name or cheering your play. It must be an unbelievable buzz. It can have an affect. But when the opposite is served up the player is expected to ignore it and be professional.

Say what you will (not you Stuart, just in general), fans staying away or fans protesting will have an effect on the players. Whether it's for a good reason or not. It just does.

Who knows? Stuart's lad might just have been a big factor in us having a streetwise striker this season. It's the little things.

• Like 3

My lad managed to get a pitch side selfie with him on the last day of the season when he came over to collect a stray ball and, as he trotted back to join his team mates my lad said - with all sincerity - ''Thanks for playing for us, Danny' (assuming it would be the last time) and just got a grin. I think the fans' appreciation and taking to him so quickly was a big factor. Although I suspect he will be on very good money too.

Oh aye the 3 years will have been a big attraction, especially with knowing Rovers like paying people off although he doesn't seem that type.

Have to say I've been genuinely impressed with everything about him since he signed. Especially after hearing some horror stories about his time at Sunderland on and off the pitch. Just hope it continues now he's got a good contract.

From no strikers to 2 in a week.

Things are looking UP!

Two more needed for back up.

Oh aye the 3 years will have been a big attraction, especially with knowing Rovers like paying people off although he doesn't seem that type.

Have to say I've been genuinely impressed with everything about him since he signed. Especially after hearing some horror stories about his time at Sunderland on and off the pitch. Just hope it continues now he's got a good contract.

Two more needed for back up.

Thought it was 2 years?

This is good to see, from that page

https://mobile.twitter.com/Unit29fit/status/746092727054512128/video/1

Great to see someone keeping themself in shape in the summer

Akpan does more than most, works hard in his free time that lad. Posted an instagram vid of him doing drills at a private gym and does a lot of training mid season on his own to by looks of it. Good attitude.

• Like 1

Danny Graham is good championship striker that improves the side, from what I saw last season he links the play up well and can score a goal, but he's never going to be the man to fire us to the Premiership like say a Gestede or Rhodes potentially could have with better players around them.

So I'm happy with the signing, I think it'll make watching us much better for the paying public, but he won't take us to another level and thats where we need to be.

Few flaws with your argument there Gav. A single man can't fire you to the premier league, Vardy only scored 13 league goals in their promotion season but they were promoted due to team ethic, same with Burnley... I'm sure you agree. Players who work hard like Graham set a standard for work rate for the rest of the team, which over the course of the season i think is more valuable if scores slightly less than players like Rhodes... Vardy proved that.

Not that a promotion push should enter anyone's heads of course but if thats what Coyle is going for he's some work to do yet. Some cash needs to be invested into one or two promising players from the lower leagues in my view, i'd sign Powell too... Without question.

• Like 2

A pal of mine and his son got DG's autograph a while back and had a brief chat. Mate said he got the impression Graham was genuinely appreciative of the way fans had taken to him after stepping into Rhodes boots. He probably thought it would be a bit difficult to win over often hard to please fans after their big favourite had gone.

Said a bloke called Den had made him feel like the new Jordan straight away :lol:

:) ha ha, very good Phil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

His all-round game was excellent at times last season. He looked a far better footballer than Rhodes or Rudy ever did, especially with his back to goal and the way he worked the channels. He just needs to hit the 20 goal mark now! Considering he hadn't played for months and was carrying an injury when he joined he was pretty impressive. We've done well to get him back.

• Backroom

He was superb last season, the best all round striker seen for a good while however his decent goal return seems somewhat an anomaly, there's a big question over if he can keep that up and will need others to pitch in.

For Rhodes flaws these two would have been a dream together with Graham doing the ugly stuff and freeing rhodes to exploit the gaps and do what he does best.

Let's hope he can strike a partnership with Stokes.

Still think we should have kept Jackson on for another pacey option late in games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Worries me this, scored last season; banging them in in pre season - omens point to a low scoring season!

Trouble is Tom, if he does have another good season , the venkcountant will be rubbing his hands and he will be on his way to the highest bidder (no doubt after picking up one of these mystery injuries that have suddenly appeared since the project rolled into town)

Trouble is Tom, if he does have another good season , the venkcountant will be rubbing his hands and he will be on his way to the highest bidder (no doubt after picking up one of these mystery injuries that have suddenly appeared since the project rolled into town)

Hmmm, hardly at an age where clubs will be wanting to spend big on him and although I think he'll score a decent amount of goals I don't think it will be enough to grab the attentions of 'bigger clubs'.