BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Danny Graham

Hmmm, hardly at an age where clubs will be wanting to spend big on him and although I think he'll score a decent amount of goals I don't think it will be enough to grab the attentions of 'bigger clubs'.

Who mentioned bigger clubs or spending big? 1.5 /2 million offer in 12 months time after a good season they will bite their hands off regardless of who offers. Keeps the conveyor belt moving.

Just keep your fingers crossed he does not win the cursed player of the year :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Danny Graham told #RoversPlayerHD that he's delighted with the start he's made this summer: https://t.co/152GQzba1thttps://t.co/E189JyQwdn

Chaddy. I have never once criticised you but do you ever said anything bad to say about Rovers, our owners, our management structure, or even our players.

We are the pits. Sod all fans left and @#/? players. How can you spin anything do do with BRFC positively?

Edited by preston blue
  • Like 1

Chaddy. I have never once criticised you but do you ever said anything bad to say about Rovers, our owners, our management structure, or even our players.

We are the pits. Sod all fans left and @#/? players. How can you spin anything do do with BRFC positively?

Just for the record Yes I have criticised the owners, lack of proper board, some signings, poor games.

But I dont keep going on about like a broken record. What the point? Not going to change anything.

• Like 1

Graham remains in the shop window here to an extent, score plenty and get good reviews in the first half of the season and an ambitious club around the promotion spots may take a punt. Half a mill plus add ons might do it or even just a better wage and a loan deal.

Either we are paying him a heck of a wage or there must have been other incentives to come here unless he just wants to put some roots down and play first team footy. No player at this club who's viewed as an asset is safe though.

• Like 1

Graham remains in the shop window here to an extent, score plenty and get good reviews in the first half of the season and an ambitious club around the promotion spots may take a punt. Half a mill plus add ons might do it or even just a better wage and a loan deal.

Either we are paying him a heck of a wage or there must have been other incentives to come here unless he just wants to put some roots down and play first team footy. No player at this club who's viewed as an asset is safe though.

What length of contract was he given?

If he scores a shedload up to xmas he'll be flogged off in January

If he scores a plenty up to Christmas, I will be mightily relieved.

I honestly think they are/were naïve enough to think that signing 'fans favourite' Graham to a permanent deal would win over supporters this summer. I don't think they are completely clueless, they've probably been advised that they have to do something this summer to avoid a complete backlash/boycott from supporters, and seriously think that one player will achieve this. For them he's probably their 'new Rhodes'. They seemed happy to pay him big money whilst he banged in the goals and probably will do the same for Graham. They probably believed that pushing the boat out a bit more on his above average wages was worth it as it would dupe most fans into thinking all was well, meanwhile the systematic liquidation of our playing assets looks set to continue.

The club will follow this up by making him central to promotional material and interviews.

Whatever the value of Graham's contract, you can be sure that it has been comfortably covered in one swoop by the sale of Hanley to Newcastle.

Do you lot want him to score goals or not. He has a two year contract with an option and is pushing 31. I wouldn't think anybody would be offering big money for him and I would think that he is ready to settle for first team football here at his age. He seemed keen enough to sign for us. Do we have to look for the black side in everything?

I'm no Chaddy but for Christ's sake!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16999726.rovers-striker-danny-graham-on-playing-three-games-a-week/?ref=mr&lp=7

nd of the three games in a week debate, the striker said: “It’s getting a bit boring to be honest.

“I’ve played three games in a week already this season.

“Everyone goes on about me being 33, it doesn’t matter how old you are as long as you keep yourself fit and right.

“I feel as though I’m fitter now than I ever have been at this football club so I think three games in a week is fine for me.

“If other people want to talk about it then that’s fine."

Myth dispelled.

• Backroom

Players aren't always the best judges of their own fitness. I'm sure right now DG feels on top of the world but whether he likes it or not the body's ability to cope with physical stress decreases with age. We need him to stay fit until January at least, but at that point it should be an absolute top priority to bring in somebody capable of challenging him for that position. Brereton is not that person, it needs to be somebody who can come in and hit the ground running.

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

Players aren't always the best judges of their own fitness. I'm sure right now DG feels on top of the world but whether he likes it or not the body's ability to cope with physical stress decreases with age. We need him to stay fit until January at least, but at that point it should be an absolute top priority to bring in somebody capable of challenging him for that position. Brereton is not that person, it needs to be somebody who can come in and hit the ground running.

Thats why the next few games are huge. Mowbray and Waggott are off to India in November. If we are in the top 6, imagine Venkys ok maybe £10 million for January. Interesting times ahead. 

I would like to see Brereton and Armstrong up front together some game. A classic big/little combo. Could be exciting

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think Mowbray may struggle to convince the owners to spend more on strikers considering he spent over 8 million on 2 of them in the summer.  Grahams fitness at the moment looks far better than people give him credit for. As you said though age will catch up with him at some point, hopefully no time imminently. While he is as fit as he looks we need to get the most out of him. And the other 2 should learn from him.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thats why the next few games are huge. Mowbray and Waggott are off to India in November. If we are in the top 6, imagine Venkys ok maybe £10 million for January. Interesting times ahead. 

I would like to see Brereton and Armstrong up front together some game. A classic big/little combo. Could be exciting

Brereton is not a classic big man though. Not reknown for his aeriel prowess. That said, such a partnership would require moving or dropping Dack.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Brereton is not a classic big man though. Not reknown for his aeriel prowess. That said, such a partnership would require moving or dropping Dack.

No ,he isn't. He looks light, but he is a big lad and has time to bulk up, just not at the expense of his current strengths. I was watching the goal celebration the other day after Lenihan scored, Brereton is the tallest player on the team, bigger than Mulgrew or Rodwell. 

It wouldn't necessarily mean dropping or moving Dack. Smallwood could drop out and we could play 2 upfront with Dack behind. Unlikely to happen bar us chasing a goal though.