BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Danny Graham

• Backroom

Ipswich linked with DG: https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-transfer-target-danny-graham-1-6784119

Not a surprise considering Lambert is still there and obviously he was the one who initially brought Graham here. He'd be a great signing for them but not sure how the recent salary cap introduction may affect what they can offer him in terms of wages.

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ipswich linked with DG: https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ipswich-town-transfer-target-danny-graham-1-6784119

Not a surprise considering Lambert is still there and obviously he was the one who initially brought Graham here. He'd be a great signing for them but not sure how the recent salary cap introduction may affect what they can offer him in terms of wages.

I think he's going to be looking at teams in that Division now so he'll have to take whatever is on offer.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think he's going to be looking at teams in that Division now so he'll have to take whatever is on offer.

I'd agree, although if the salary cap is being taken seriously by L1/L2 teams then smaller clubs than Ipswich might be able to offer DG higher wages due to having more room to manuever within the salary cap limits.

If clubs just ignore the rule entirely then it'll probably be between Ipswich and Sunderland.

Just now, DE. said:

I'd agree, although if the salary cap is being taken seriously by L1/L2 teams then smaller clubs than Ipswich might be able to offer DG higher wages due to having more room to manuever within the salary cap limits.

If clubs just ignore the rule entirely then it'll probably be between Ipswich and Sunderland.

I can’t see him returning to Sunderland.

26 minutes ago, DE. said:

Good move for him

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I can’t see him returning to Sunderland.

Have to admit I would be surprised as well, but a lot has changed there since he's left so who knows. You have to imagine after last time their fans would lose patience with him very quickly if he didn't get off to a good start.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

The SC is only being introduced slowly. I think that any players already at clubs who are on big wages will be classed as being on 1.6k or thereabouts (the L1 average) until their contract runs out. Norwood, who is on £9k a week will be classed as on £1.6k. That leaves money in Ipswich's budget apparently which is why they are being linked with some big earners. 

• Backroom
Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The SC is only being introduced slowly. I think that any players already at clubs who are on big wages will be classed as being on 1.6k or thereabouts (the L1 average) until their contract runs out. Norwood, who is on £9k a week will be classed as on £1.6k. That leaves money in Ipswich's budget apparently which is why they are being linked with some big earners. 

Yeah that's right, although these clubs have to make signings with one eye to the future as when many contracts come up next year they may not be able to renew them based on the new salary cap - and if they've spunked a massive portion of their wage budget on Graham, even for just a year or two, it could have consequences for who they can sign across the rest of the pitch.

Clubs like Ipswich and Sunderland are basically going to want to get out of L1 ASAP as their competitive advantage through being 'big' clubs in the league is going to rapidly diminish as the seasons go on assuming the salary cap is implemented as is and sticks around. I am still sceptical as to how the EFL can apply the salary cap if it is legally unenforcable, though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck to him and he'll need it i think he ended up about as popular there as Chris Brown was here.  

Can still do a job though if used correctly and if he gets a few goals they'll get behind him. Both him and Sunderland are likely very different animals now than last time he was there.

Edited by tomphil

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2020 at 21:33, Mattyblue said:

His potential move has gone down well.

’Shite hole of a human’ by all accounts...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham.1526481/

Now seems to have redeemed himself from ‘shite hole’ status...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-signed.1527437/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Now seems to have redeemed himself from ‘shite hole’ status...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-graham-signed.1527437/

A few sticking to their guns though.

To be fair there's a handful of ex Rovers forwards who didn't set the place alight in later Prem years we'd be happy to give another go now.

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

A few sticking to their guns though.

To be fair there's a handful of ex Rovers forwards who didn't set the place alight in later Prem years we'd be happy to give another go now.

To be fair when the alternative is Gally and Bereton it's no wonder that we're in the mood for second chances. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good podcast with Danny Graham here. Mentions his time at Rovers towards the end of it, describes his relationship with Mowbray as "love-hate" and mentioned him being unfairly punished and made an example of for being late after getting stuck on the motorway due to a car accident. Also mentions going vegan, his relationship with Mulgrew and Dack, Coyle being a laughing stock and his time with Lambert too.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good podcast with Danny Graham here. Mentions his time at Rovers towards the end of it, describes his relationship with Mowbray as "love-hate" and mentioned him being unfairly punished and made an example of for being late after getting stuck on the motorway due to a car accident. Also mentions going vegan, his relationship with Mulgrew and Dack, Coyle being a laughing stock and his time with Lambert too.

Thanks for that al watch it later. Just gone on YouTube save it then I don’t forget and there is loads with Colin hendry, mulgrew, watt, Barry Ferguson, savage, caddis, and if you can stomach it coyle 

Edited by Oldgregg86

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I found it really interesting that he said Mowbray and Venus have conflicting views on how we play the game. I don't think I have ever heard of that before. Coyle is the clown 99.9% of us knew he was and his appointment cost the club millions. He speaks fondly of Lambert.

• Like 1