BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Will Rovers Finish This Season 16/17

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving the club on would be a way for them to get shut and wash hands, but without knowing all the facts it's difficult to say why they said no.. Hence why the conspiracy theories happen!

We only know Seneca's side of the argument and it's better to know both before commenting fully.

The main thing I need to know, to be convinced that major investment in players would be the best solution, is this;

Who's making the decisions and are they motivated by the job?

Many predicted we'd be in admin by now, but it's hard to see how that won't happen if we go through pay offs, expensive flops and 35 year old mega money freebies again.

After all that, Wes Brown gets 3 years at 35k a week... I'll certainly be irate!

We might only have Seneca's side of it JBizzle but the one thing that is beyond dispute is that Seneca were there and ready to pitch in. Whether that was ultimately acceptable to venkys , or not who knows. But also beyond dispute is that they flatly refused to even acknowledge Seneca's request for any kind of discussions.

They are clearly not in love with the club , its fans or anybody remotely connected .So with the possibility of something there for them that might help them out of this mess why did they not at least have conversations with Seneca to at least hear what was in their proposal????

If it wasn't any good then they could have had the kudos of saying ''we tried but it just wasn't quite right''. That would at least have kept the hopeful fans onside . But no they clearly lied and flatly denied everything.

there is only one motive for that happening and that is that they were sh1t scared of the cat getting out of the bag and some dodgy dealings being exposed.

That was the point that really sealed it for me.

Not even prepared to hear what Seneca had to say?? Sorry not buying that Venkys, Cheston , Pasha , the lot of the grubby bar stewards.

The Club stinks , top to bottom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
Stability is something Blackburn certainly don’t have after Paul Lambert’s end of season departure. With Grant Hanley following Lambert out of the door, you would be forgiven for thinking Rovers were a club heading in the wrong direction. The appointment of Owen Coyle, however, was a wise one. Coyle is a man who knows the League and knows how to get out of it. Blackburn won’t this season, as they haven’t for the past 4 seasons, mid table mediocrity beckons again, but they are stronger. Anthony Stokes and Danny Graham is a strike force that could worry a few defenses.

Whilst most of this is nonsense, in particular the "they are stronger" line sticks out. This guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Whilst most of this is nonsense, in particular the "they are stronger" line sticks out. This guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Indeed minus a 40 goal strike force, out best centre back, the 2 previous player of the year players, and only 2 strikers and 2 centre backs on the books it is a tad perplexing how they come to that conclusion.

The bookies have us 4/1 4th favourites to go down - ie they expect us to finish 4th bottom and it's difficult to argue with that assessment at this stage, indeed looking at the squad you might argue it's erring on the side of optimism.

If Coyle does significantly better than survival by the skin of our teeth that might be considered quite an achievement bearing in mind he walked into a situation left by the owners and previous manager whereby we had around twelve senior players left under contract and not a single striker left at the Club.

The bookies have us 4/1 4th favourites to go down - ie they expect us to finish 4th bottom and it's difficult to argue with that assessment at this stage, indeed looking at the squad you might argue it's erring on the side of optimism.

If Coyle does significantly better than survival by the skin of our teeth that might be considered quite an achievement bearing in mind he walked into a situation left by the owners and previous manager whereby we had around twelve senior players left under contract and not a single striker left at the Club.

Totally agree Rev. With our present squad and no money to strengthen, anything above the bottom three would be a success.

Holloway likes Rovers and is being generous.

My heart says mid-table, my head says bottom three.

OH btw there was/is money available...its just not being spent on strenghtening the squad.

Whereas now he's lost last year's player of the season (and not yet replaced him) , signed a striker the previous manager lined up, another striker who he seems reluctant to play up front, a winger who was pitiful in his last stint here and loaned 2 no marks - one of which he won't play (Hendrie) and is looking for a replacement for already.

Your dislike of Lambert was based (on here anyway, we all know it's because he dared to sell your poster boy) on the amount of loan players he left us with yet Coyle is doing the same and you look upon it as admirable? It's a strange rationale Simon.

But, hey, if Coyle takes us to the heady heights of 20th he'll have performed OK - on that I do agree with you.

I'm going for an optimistic prediction of 19th based on a miracle that graham plays 35 plus games. Unless Venkys are prepared to fund some additions its difficult to see anything beyond a long tough and ultimately failed season

Whereas now he's lost last year's player of the season (and not yet replaced him) , signed a striker the previous manager lined up, another striker who he seems reluctant to play up front, a winger who was pitiful in his last stint here and loaned 2 no marks - one of which he won't play (Hendrie) and is looking for a replacement for already.

Your dislike of Lambert was based (on here anyway, we all know it's because he dared to sell your poster boy) on the amount of loan players he left us with yet Coyle is doing the same and you look upon it as admirable? It's a strange rationale Simon.

But, hey, if Coyle takes us to the heady heights of 20th he'll have performed OK - on that I do agree with you.

:)

Still blaming Lambert? I wish he were still here.

I think the bookies probably have it right. We've a very good chance of going down - just look at our squad and manager - but with a couple of additions, even loans, I've a feeling we may limp to survival.

Tbh last year we relied on other teams being worse than we are and that'll be even more so the challenge again.

I think there are enough basket case clubs, which although have better squads than us could be derailed by off-field antics. Wolves, Leeds and Forrest all fall into this category, and the chances of at least one of those three teams not going nuts, is slim indeed.

Then there's a few teams who are probably weaker than us - such as Burton and Rotherham - who will have to perform very well to compete in this league.

Added to which there are a few teams with small squads, and with no emergency loan window could really struggle if they get a few injuries - Preston are the most obvious club to fall into that category.

Added to which we may get a new manager bounce/run before Coyle runs out of ideas and the players out of steam. Or maybe when we're down near the bottom at Christmas the owners panic and appoint Warnock to drag us back up,

Now I've not even convinced myself that we'll be safe listing all these reasons, and it's hardly a ringing endorsement of the Rovers situation. However, I don't think any of this assessment is that improbable (ok maybe the ones involving Rovers!) which to me means relegation isn't the nailed on certainty. Probable - yes, but we may escape again. This probably just prolongs the inevitable, but the delay may happen.

We could just be 4/1 because we have the most pessimistic fans who are lumping on to soften the blow of relegation.

Archived