BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Labour Leadership Bid And Future Of The Party

I am probably one of the few on here who has met Corbyn (various times).

He is a Trotskyite. He is a man of protest and opposition; he is no leader.

He listens to those who support him; and closes his ears and mind to those who do not.

Voting Labour is a vote for JC.....that is why I cannot vote for his party at the present moment.

Thats not the point, he was voted in by the members, its not up to some Armani suited blairites to ignore the electorate and force him out.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats not the point, he was voted in by the members, its not up to some Armani suited blairites to ignore the electorate and force him out.

I think Preston was pointing out he would not vote for him not that he should be removed? The rules are the rules and he was voted in, I expect he will be voted in again unless they try to kick him off the ballot (party split?)

He seems a likable chap but not a leader. I agree with him on a lot but disagree on more, doubt I would vote for him.

No chance of Angela Eagle turning labour into a party for the working classes Mike, in fact I cannot see another member of the labour party achieving that.

Fair play to her though, all the personal sacrifices she must've made years ago so that her son could ski at the winter Olympics

Fair play to her though, all the personal sacrifices she must've made years ago so that her son could ski at the winter Olympics

:lol:

All I'll say is that Ms. Eagle is not someone I'd vote for as her record suggests she's nothing more than a Tory who idolises Blair. In fact I would even suggest her s--t stirring was to distract the Labour party and the media from the Chilcott report and stop the left of the party launching political attacks on Tony and try and put him on trial. Eagle is one for the cosy status quo where both the major parties are the same and vote for austerity, attacks on the unemployed and to price the working class out of education.

If there is someone a bit to the right of Corbyn but has a strong sense of morals and decency then I'd prefer them to either Jeremy or one of the horrible careerist nobodies like Eagle or Bryant.

NEC have voted to automatically include Corbyn on the ballot paper for the leadership challenge.

A bit of sanity at last :rock:

yep, that should guarantee chaos in the party for a while

NEC have voted to automatically include Corbyn on the ballot paper for the leadership challenge.

A bit of sanity at last :rock:

Maybe sanity for those who are mad enough to think that.

The Labour Party NEC just decided to split their own party in two.

Yes. Its the end of Labour as we know it now. There will be a mass defectiom of MPs to a new party and/or lib dems. The tories are going to absolutely love this.

I am probably one of the few on here who has met Corbyn (various times).

He is a Trotskyite. He is a man of protest and opposition; he is no leader.

He listens to those who support him; and closes his ears and mind to those who do not.

Voting Labour is a vote for JC.....that is why I cannot vote for his party at the present moment.

I have also met him and completely agree with your analysis.

I am certain he believes he had an active passionate campaign to remain in the EU. Nobody noticed and that doesn't matter to Corbyn in the least.

I don't see that they had a choice, if they didn't list him then they would be justifiably be dismissed as undemocratic by the pro-Corbyn set.

The right answer is he is defeated, but especially when the likes of Owen Smith put themselves forward, they are splitting the anti-Corbyn vote. Eagle should have stood as a sole anti-Corbyn candidate, and said that if she was successful then she would step aside for a further round of voting, where new candidates could step forward.

Unfortunately I agree, I think Corbyn will win, and it may very well cause a split in the party.

• Moderation Lead

This is all such a mess and the sooner it is sorted, the better. If the are left Tories to run effectively unopposed many of us will be in for a bumpy ride....... :unsure:

Owen Smith has joined. I looked at his record on https://www.theyworkforyou.com/and he seems a pretty decent candidate but for one thing-he seems to be OK with tax avoidance with I don't agree with (unless we can all do it!). Maybe it is his previous links with Pfizer before he joined the Labour party that makes him think big companies and the rich can send money to Panama.

Still, good to see Pontypridd mentioned in the news.

• Backroom

Owen Smith has joined. I looked at his record on https://www.theyworkforyou.com/and he seems a pretty decent candidate but for one thing-he seems to be OK with tax avoidance with I don't agree with (unless we can all do it!). Maybe it is his previous links with Pfizer before he joined the Labour party that makes him think big companies and the rich can send money to Panama.

Still, good to see Pontypridd mentioned in the news.

We can all do it. You've heard of ISAs right?

corbyn replying to Mays opening address on Trident by arguing for Nuclear disarmament - even though the Labour party's official position on this, is to back the renewal of Trident.

This can't go on.

corbyn replying to Mays opening address on Trident by arguing for Nuclear disarmament - even though the Labour party's official position on this, is to back the renewal of Trident.

This can't go on.

He gave the party a free vote on Trident, that alone allows him to express his own views surely.

He gave the party a free vote on Trident, that alone allows him to express his own views surely.

Or, under his leadership, Labour couldn't even fall behind the decision they made during the last party conference to back the renewal of Trident. You're a man for democracy Gav, well that was a democratic decision and he couldn't get behind it. He's all about Jeremy Corbyn Gav.

True, but I'm talking about avoiding income tax, corporation tax and suchlike. The sort of thing that Gary Barlow and Amazon can access but we do not meet the minimum levels of income to get.

Try paying 1% income tax and see what happens.

It's all tax Norbert and avoiding is avoiding at any level. You can't be choosy about who you want to do it.

Labour are a blazing wreck, a complete Corbynistic shambles at odds with need for governing in the present day.

May, at a time when the country needs a steady hand on the tiller looks formidable.

Those looking to point and poke vituperate fingers at Brexit or Boris, really should look closer to home and despair.

• Moderation Lead

Bloody hell, AS, I've no glasses on and I can see that, can't anyone?! It's little wonder folk are disillusioned with politics in this country when the conservatives are effectively running unopposed with no opposition.

Labour haven't helped themselves more to the point. Though anything they do is seized upon instantly in the press and lapped up by the masses. I saw a good interview the other day with (I think) Tim Farron of the Lib Dems where he said there were members of all three major parties that usually would be on the same side in other countries....

Archived