BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you completely to me on the surface however based on the ins and out of this window so far the team has improved. It isn't finished their is a big void to be filled in with Hanley heading off but nothing that cannot be done

Agree with you there to a certain extent but Hanley is a big big loss. If we keep Duffy and Ward plays well and stays fit then it's not the end of the world. Realistically the club need to spend, and not on Wes Brown's wages.

In what world are we improved when we've lost upwards of 10 first teamers from the squad?

It's squad depth where we are screwed (plus any additional outgoings.) Defense looks very suspect but other than that (!) the first 11 is similar quality, if not slightly improved. Question is can this first 11 carry a weakened defense - I would say no.

If we get a few injuries however we really do look stuffed, as there is no depth or options available. Bringing on Feeney doesn't inspire confidence, and we've no one to bring on up front or defense.

The days of debating which two cbs of Killa, Duffy and Hanley should start, or which 2 strikers - Rhodes, King and Gestede are gone.

Is he better than Steven Taylor who they let leave on a free?

For me he is. A year under Rafa and he will blossom. It was widely talked about that he was always the better defender out of him and Jones in the youth team.

If we had been a normal club he would have partnered Michael Keane in days gone past.

Chaddy you're always very keen this thread stays on topic but whenever anyone suggests a player who we might not necessarily be interested in but a player who could be an option, if your man Nixon says we aren't interested you immediately shut it down. As you've said yourself many times, this is the "Transfer thread". So don't make it a Nixon thread 😂

Chaddy you're always very keen this thread stays on topic but whenever anyone suggests a player who we might not necessarily be interested in but a player who could be an option, if your man Nixon says we aren't interested you immediately shut it down. As you've said yourself many times, this is the "Transfer thread". So don't make it a Nixon thread 😂

I'm just reported what has been said.

I have also posted other links and a list of 4 players who would cost less than 2 mil IMO, and all have Championship experience.

We should be looking for a player aged between 22 to 30 with Championship experience IMO.

Hanley's replacement is already here, it's Wes Brown. Quality player, but sadly only has one leg.

Save your energy on worrying about a replacement.

We need to sell Duffy and Marshall, can't afford to lose them on a free. Every player sale is Venkys closer to the door.

Surely if Chaddy says 'Nixon says we aren't interested' and people still want to discuss the player, then they can.

And abbey, didn't someone say 'who's Chesterton?' And Chaddy answered 'I think he means Cheston'? Is that the correction of spelling you're talking about? If so he was answering the question not picking up on the spelling himself. Unless he's done something else of course. As usual you are going over the top with this in any case.

I'm disappointed to lose our captain and really hope we bring someone in quickly to replace him. Not holding my breath though. It says it all that the odds are so poor for relegation.

When will the club make a single decision with the fans as the number one priority?

It's no use Cheston complaining at fans walking away when they are being treated like fools.

We've sold Hanley but we've moved the cameras. We've made Lowe captain but there's a £10 voucher off kits. We've just chosen the worst possible manager who was 5th out of a shortlist of four but we've signed Danny Graham. We've @#/? a stand but sold it as a positive. We are adding to the debt every season and despite selling players and not spending, it's not getting any smaller. We have the worst owners in football but we've managed the media so nobody but Rovers fans will ever know. We have created a club of one that is concerned by FFP but... nope we're all out of 'positives'.

would another member kindly type our current strongest 11 out.

I completely lost interest in anything rovers around feb/march and know we have Danny barndoor Graham, but honestly do not know who we have left or released/sold or what we desperately need other than new owners

Am I in a minority believing that this is a good deal?

We have Duffy, Ward is good cover for the time being Wharton is behind and we still have business to do.

Personally I would be happy to trade Elliot Bennett for Tommy Smith who is solid for the championship and then make a move for James Forrest at a cut price.

Wharton is some way from being ready, Duffy is believed to be looking for the exit door and why on earth would we want to swap Bennett, one of our few players who can support and supply Graham?

Can't believe how many people feel Hanley will be easy to replace, clearly they didnt go on last year, by far our best player.

If he was easy to replace surely Newcastle would have bought him instead? He'd have been a lot cheaper.

would another member kindly type our current strongest 11 out.

I completely lost interest in anything rovers around feb/march and know we have Danny barndoor Graham, but honestly do not know who we have left or released/sold or what we desperately need other than new owners

A.

Steele

Lowe, Duffy, Emergency Ward, West Ham snooker bloke

Elliott / Feeney / Marshall, Akpan / Evans / Lenihan, Dwarf Man City Lad, Conway

Graham, That Celtic one

B.

"Barn door"? Christ almighty, just cause he's not Rhodes perhaps? There's 100's of reasons to be hacked off with the club, I'd suggest Danny Graham isn't one of them.

Archived