BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle about to come in with a third bid for Hanley. Norwich and Villa also both expressed an interest. Expect both will bid once a price is agreed with Newcastle.

All the early 'excitement' about signings seems to have subsided. It's almost as if they got ALL the transfers done early to drum up ST sales.

Problem is they can't even lie about potential big signings to tempt us, because they've all but admitted there's no money.

Still optimistic?

Newcastle about to come in with a third bid for Hanley. Norwich and Villa also both expressed an interest. Expect both will bid once a price is agreed with Newcastle.

Hanley has been pulled out of the friendly games. The writing is on the wall re his transfer.

And sadly he is not even a decent player.

No pb, he's injured, really!! Coyley said so!!

Well as long as its not as serious as Ryan Nelsen's was as stated by wee gem 2's previous stable mate*, because that took all of five days to clear up before he was running out for Tottenham. I'm sure Hanley's "injury" will heal up in no time when he moves next week

*Kentaro /SEM Franchise Operational handbook chapter 4 sub section 5 - explaining players absence when trying to move them on

Should be demanding £10m, whether he is worth it or not. They are both flush with cash and transfer fees have gone stupid.

Rinse them for as much as possible if we must sell.

Fully agree, but then what? Allocate for debt, pinch some for another loan deal or two and decline further? It's a funny old strategy.

Fully agree, but then what? Allocate for debt, pinch some for another loan deal or two and decline further? It's a funny old strategy.

I typed a reply and then deleted it.

Thinking about it, not a penny will go back into to the club.

So it's irrelevant how much we sell him for.

I typed a reply and then deleted it.

Thinking about it, not a penny will go back into to the club.

So it's irrelevant how much we sell him for.

Yeah, we are just watching from the sidelines as the vultures pick the bones clean.

8m would be brilliant. Hopefully the transfer fee and wages will let Coyle strengthen a couple of areas, even if it is on loaners

Ward and Duffy will be solid enough back there.

And then when Duffy is sold, another loan or freebie to fill the gap? The quality of our team will reduce if we sell Hanley. If it was that easy, Norwich and Newcastle would be looking at Wes Brown or Prem loanees to mount a promotion charge. Not brilliant at all (IMO).

And then when Duffy is sold, another loan or freebie to fill the gap? The quality of our team will reduce if we sell Hanley. If it was that easy, Norwich and Newcastle would be looking at Wes Brown or Prem loanees to mount a promotion charge. Not brilliant at all (IMO).

The amount of money on offer for Grant Hanley is brilliant especially when we have two very capable center halfs already in the wings.

My statement had nothing to do with anyone else leaving, just merely the amount of money for an error prone Hanley.

The amount of money on offer for Grant Hanley is brilliant especially when we have two very capable center halfs already in the wings.

My statement had nothing to do with anyone else leaving, just merely the amount of money for an error prone Hanley.

Error prone? Did you watch him at all last season?

He is our best player, losing him would be a massive blow even if we could spend most of the money.

I agree it would be good money, IF we were to use some of that to suitably replace him. I think a fraction of it would be reinvested and we'll be left worse off again.

Archived