BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Northern echo reporter on twitter

More transfer progress for #NUFC as Blackburn accept £5.5m offer for Grant Hanley - defender set for medical later today.

THOUGHT YOU SAID HE WAS STAYING BECAUSE fkw HAD SAID HE WAS?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Mani say that Bowyer and his staff would have loved the budget that Lambert had been promised? That indicates to me that the idiots reneged on their promises which is why he activated the clause. And with their history of telling lies who can blame him. How do you know Coyle doesn't have one of these clauses. Everything Lambert said about the club and mentality within it was true.

The managers job has become a poisoned chalice and for a lot of fans Lambert offered us some hope. Now there is Coyle with his happy to be here rhetoric and willingness to work under the massive constraints imposed. But what is he actually managing in terms of expectation when the vast majorities is so low. The truest interview Lambert gave was the one about accepting medoicrity. Success to the most optimistic fans would be mid table.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3326200/Paul-Lambert-vows-whip-Blackburn-shape-getting-bike-summer.html

Mani said we had a transfer budget of £5m last winter which proved to be wrong. I'm just saying what i'd been told. That could be wrong also, but it's certainly credible given what went on. It was obvious he wanted out, the frequency of his moans to the press became farcical by the end, and more than a little self-serving. Do you really believe he was doing for the benefit of BRFC and it's fans!!? Why bother when you've got an 'out' clause anyway? And why speak well of the owners you've been digging out for months when you're about to leave? Doesn't add up.

The 'accepting mediocrity' was just a cheap dig at Bowyer. He followed it up with another dig about blaming the embargo. He changed his tune on that a few months later, saying something along the lines of 'Bowyer should be applauded for wghat he did considering he was hindered by an embargo'. All of it was quoted in the LT. I didn't trust Lambert at all, and i feel the same about Coyle, especially after his SEM comment..although i very much doubt he's represented by them now. I see no difference in Coyle and Lambert, which is why i don't feel the urge to stop going to Ewood. I'll probably regret when we're bottom of the league and cut adrift by Autumn, but until then he can 'give it a right good go' for me ;)

£5.5 million...good to see us really holding out.

Hanley out, soon-to-be 37 year old Wes Brown likely in. Happy days. Oh look, there's a pixie and rainbow.

Yeah we really played hard ball with Newcastle didn't we. Was it the font of everything Rovers Nixon who said we wanted £10m?

So we replace our player of the year (although to be fair he was bang average prior to that), captain and leader with a 36 years old with legs made of marzipan. Excellent business once again.

• Backroom

Who cares what the fee is, really? None of it is going towards recruiting a decent replacement anyway. We're gearing up for League One, and judging by the team that took the field against Rochdale we're a season away from achieving that goal.

Mani said we had a transfer budget of £5m last winter which proved to be wrong. I'm just saying what i'd been told. That could be wrong also, but it's certainly credible given what went on. It was obvious he wanted out, the frequency of his moans to the press became farcical by the end, and more than a little self-serving. Do you really believe he was doing for the benefit of BRFC and it's fans!!? Why bother when you've got an 'out' clause anyway? And why speak well of the owners you've been digging out for months when you're about to leave? Doesn't add up.

The 'accepting mediocrity' was just a cheap dig at Bowyer. He followed it up with another dig about blaming the embargo. He changed his tune on that a few months later, saying something along the lines of 'Bowyer should be applauded for wghat he did considering he was hindered by an embargo'. All of it was quoted in the LT. I didn't trust Lambert at all, and i feel the same about Coyle, especially after his SEM comment..although i very much doubt he's represented by them now. I see no difference in Coyle and Lambert, which is why i don't feel the urge to stop going to Ewood. I'll probably regret when we're bottom of the league and cut adrift by Autumn, but until then he can 'give it a right good go' for me ;)

I'm sure Mani can clear that up. I read (and still do) the accepting mediocrity interview about the club in general which included the fans.

Anyway we are poles apart on what we think so the debate is pointless unless somebody has evidence of facts.

It could have been 5p or 50 million. It would not make any difference at all. We will not spend any of it on replacing him. The incoming player if there is one will not cost as much in wages and nobody will know where the money has gone. And some will still see it as good business. Just go Grant. Don't tell us how much you loved your time here or any of that rubbish because we all know you couldn't wait to go. We don't blame you but to quote an ex Newcastle manager I'd love it, just love it. If you're still in the championship next season

The 'accepting mediocrity' was just a cheap dig at Bowyer. He followed it up with another dig about blaming the embargo. He changed his tune on that a few months later, saying something along the lines of 'Bowyer should be applauded for wghat he did considering he was hindered by an embargo'. All of it was quoted in the LT. I didn't trust Lambert at all, and i feel the same about Coyle, especially after his SEM comment..although i very much doubt he's represented by them now. I see no difference in Coyle and Lambert, which is why i don't feel the urge to stop going to Ewood. I'll probably regret when we're bottom of the league and cut adrift by Autumn, but until then

he can 'give it a right good go' for me ;)

Five million!

Jordi Gomez 1/2 of 30k a week = 15k x 24 weeks = 360k plus any loan fee. - At least in Total 500k

Danny Graham 1/2 of 48k a week = 24k x 24 weeks = 552k plus any loan fee. - At Least In Total 750 k

Tony Watt 1/2 of 16k a week - 8k x 24 weeks = 192k plus any loan fee. - At Least in Total 300k.

Elliott Bennett 700k transfer fee + wages for 24 weeks @ 15k = 360k - Total value 1 million.

Elliott Ward 300k transfer fee + wages for 24 weeks @ 12k = 288k - Total Value 600k.

Simeon Jackson free transfer + 8k wages for 24 weeks = 192k = Total Value circa 200k.

Thats 3.5 Million there before signing on fees, bonuses and agents payments.

How good is your source on That Gav?

JHRovers, Coyle probably has held talks to Hanley who has probably said he wants to leave Rovers but Coyle has said Rovers want 8 to 10 mil pounds for him.

8 to 10 mil was it?

Accepting an initial £5.5m shows how desperate we are financially to get rid of Hanley. Should be accepting an initial £7m plus add ons imo

NO decent fees will be rejected these days that's where we are at. The absolute only reason they held out with Rhodes was the fact he cost 8 mill and they wanted a return on that. I'm sure they were under the daft impression they could get another Jones type deal out of someone.

In the end when it finally became clear that would never happen and he himself had enough out he went for a very small initial return. I'll be amazed if in truth we even got that much because it ended up a farce.

It's all a cobblers anyway this Venkys holding out business we were fed a crock of crap about Rudy. A deal worth 9 mill they broadcasted when infact it turned out to be 6 mill flat.

Con artists nothing else I bet a nice % of every outgoing deal has ended up in fat barrys back sack whilst the whole thing creaks along a huge debt from Indian banks.

One day = BOOM it'll just implode.

Also proves yet again if proof were needed with the knee problem that Coyle is a downright liar.

Why are you surprised ? Mendacity runs through the elite (and Coyle is one of the wealthy elite because of the wages he's been paid over his career) - and it goes all the way to the very top of poltiics. The referendum campaign was run on a pack of lies led by the present foreign secretary.

A good reporter would ask Coyle at his next press conference about Hanley's knee injury and question why the Blackburn publlc has been mislead (again). But it won't happen.

To be fair to Coyle almost every club that I know pull the "player is injured if there is an impending transfer".

I would expect that the £5.5 million is the initial fee and that there are significant add on's (£3 million plus) if Newcastle go up and then further add on's if they stay up, as per the Jordan Rhodes deal.

It matters not though as only a very small amount of this money (to cover a loan or freebie) will be reinvested back into the playing squad. The vast majority of it will be used to reduce debt and help cover day to day running costs.

I can see why they are doing this and to some extent I agree with it but we have to get the balance right. The manager needs to be able to sign some players on permanent deals as per what Bowyer did with Marshall, Cairney, Rudy etc as we then have some assets, the loan model means we don't have that and is a very short term way of running a club (almost on a window to window basis).

I hope so.

With add ons up to 10 mil. But 5.5 million intial fee with appreances, promotion add ons(just my opinion)

What don't you get pal? It doesn't matter if it's 5.5mil, 10mil, 25mil, 50mil of £2.50. It won't get reinvested.

• Moderation Lead

I hope there's add-on's to the £5.5m because Hanley will probably be in the Prem in a year's time if Beneitez does his thang. Hanley will be woth twice that then. Hope we're not directly replacing him with Wes Brown :angry2:

Come on Blueboy, that's exactly what's happening!

Archived