BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Backroom

Whether some like Hanley or not. The fact remains BRFC cannot compete when a much bigger club calls for your players. £5.5m plus whatever addons are in the deal represents a good deal whether you like it or not.

We are a selling club that is now reliant on the incumbent and most despised owners ever. We have no outside investment, we have owners who are keeping the club ticking over and we will see more players leaving the club as we need to bring in money.

I dont see any other way round it.

I expect Marshall to leave and may be a couple who are on the sidelines. Incoming wise, we have to rely on loans and that is a fact.

If we are hoping to gain promotion on the cheap it just isnt going to happen on OC's watch !

Your last sentence is correct, the rest of this post is absolute nonsense.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Twitter

Blackburn Rovers have enquired about Tommy Smith, however no bid at this stage. #rovers #brfc #itfc

Which twitter page? To be fair, his goal scoring record puts Chris Browns to shame!

From Twitter

Blackburn Rovers have enquired about Tommy Smith, however no bid at this stage. #rovers #brfc #itfc

Tommy Smith is in a wheelchair last time I heard - victim of the days when they stuck steroid injections in players' damaged knees and sent them out to play again.

Good player in his day though - scored a goal in Liverpool's European Cup Final triumph in 1977 (?).

• Backroom

To be honest I'm usually aware of most players but haven't a clue who is or if he is any good... Looks familiar though.

He plays for Ipswich and he's rubbish. A severe downgrade on Hanley. That's all you need to know, really.

Tommy Smith is in a wheelchair last time I heard - victim of the days when they stuck steroid injections in players' damaged knees and sent them out to play again.

Good player in his day though - scored a goal in Liverpool's European Cup Final triumph in 1977 (?).

The Tommy Smith was an absolute legend and a hard man. I met him at a corporate event a few years ago and he was superb company. He couldn't do enough to make his guests feel welcome and at ease and I had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

He plays for Ipswich and he's rubbish. A severe downgrade on Hanley. That's all you need to know, really.

Saw that he played for them, can't ever recall watching him though. Rubbish? Really that bad? Gets picked every week by big Mick...

FWIW Traore scored a scrappy goal for Chelsea tonight and missed an absolute sitter too apparently. Doesn't sound like he will be in Conte's plans, doubtful we'd get him anyway.

And to think Chaddy had a go at someone else's spelling yesterday .

I know you have trouble remembering things that happened Chaddy but here's a clue . I ignored you for a few days and then you had a go at one of my posts and therefore the truce was over . Stop playing the maryter card .

What's a 'maryter' 'Abs'?

'He kicks a ball then gets no dole', that Tommy Smith?

Good player is Smith - Hanleys age. Defiantly not as good yet.

Strong in the tackle and header but weak positionally. Basically Hanley 18 months ago. Ryan Nelsen interestingly rates him however he will add balance being a LCB.

Surely out our price range though.

Good player is Smith - Hanleys age. Defiantly not as good yet.

Strong in the tackle and header but weak positionally. Basically Hanley 18 months ago. Ryan Nelsen interestingly rates him however he will add balance being a LCB.

Surely out our price range though.

Yes he is left footed so will help with the balance at centre back

• Backroom

Saw that he played for them, can't ever recall watching him though. Rubbish? Really that bad? Gets picked every week by big Mick...

Speak to any (well, almost any) Ipswich fan and they'll be happy for us to take him off their hands. Think that says it all, doesn't it? With the system McCarthy plays, any player with limited ability can do the job. His teams are far greater than the sum of their parts. He's exactly the type of manager we've needed since we got into this division.

Archived