BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

I'm just reported what has been said.

I have also posted other links and a list of 4 players who would cost less than 2 mil IMO, and all have Championship experience.

We should be looking for a player aged between 22 to 30 with Championship experience IMO.

Love it, glad you narrowed that down to the 22-30 age bracket, i.e. most players. We won't be spending anything like £2M I can assure you of that.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really any wonder an ambitious manager like Lambert walked away from all this @#/?.

#writingonthewall

Lambert said at one point, that he has some big players lined up in the summer or something to that effect.

Its clear, that whatever promises made to him were broken, and it was just a way to get him to take the job.

would another member kindly type our current strongest 11 out.

I completely lost interest in anything rovers around feb/march and know we have Danny barndoor Graham, but honestly do not know who we have left or released/sold or what we desperately need other than new owners

IMO, This is our strongest 11 at the minute

Steele: Lowe, Duffy, Ward, Hendrie; Marshall, Evans, Lenihan, Conway; Stokes, Graham

Love it, glad you narrowed that down to the 22-30 age bracket, i.e. most players. We won't be spending anything like £2M I can assure you of that.

Well most of this messageboard said we have zero chance of us signing Danny Graham but He did signed us. I explained my reasons why I thought we would but yet again I was told I was wrong!!!

I mention 5 names I would be looking at to replace Hanley. do u want me to mention them again?

I mention that I wouldn't be surprise if we look to sign Rob Holding from Arsenal at loan when he signed for them.

also said Alex Baptiste from Boro, Michael Morrison from Birmingham, Michael Macienne from Forest and Bailey Wright from Preston.

we have been linked with Tommy Smith from Ipswich

IMO, This is our strongest 11 at the minute

Steele: Lowe, Duffy, Ward, Hendrie; Marshall, Evans, Lenihan, Conway; Stokes, Graham

Well most of this messageboard said we have zero chance of us signing Danny Graham but He did signed us. I explained my reasons why I thought we would but yet again I was told I was wrong!!!

I mention 5 names I would be looking at to replace Hanley. do u want me to mention them again?

I mention that I wouldn't be surprise if we look to sign Rob Holding from Arsenal at loan when he signed for them.

also said Alex Baptiste from Boro, Michael Morrison from Birmingham, Michael Macienne from Forest and Bailey Wright from Preston.

we have been linked with Tommy Smith from Ipswich

I'd be happy with Baptiste; know little about the others

Looks like Arsenal are about to sign Rob Holding but he will struggle to get in the side so a loan may well be an option

I'd be happy with Baptiste; know little about the others

Looks like Arsenal are about to sign Rob Holding but he will struggle to get in the side so a loan may well be an option

Morrison at Birmingham is captain there. only 27/28 years old. I suggestion him cos could be our leader/organiser at the back. Baptiste could do the same job

Mancienne would add some pace at the back. 28 years old But not sure Forest will sell him tho

Bailey Wright is from Preston, can play anywhere across the back four. only 23 years old

I liked Baptiste mainly because he was played at right back and often struggled but manfully stuck to it and got to grips with it. Then he obviously looked comfortable when played in the centre but the tinkerman wanted/had to play the stuttering young guys there so we didn't get the best we could have from him.

Concerns me now if he comes back, older, slower and on the back of a serious injury and hardly any football since he left. Be good back up on the right deal no doubt but anything else is another big risk. Why can't we just do something proper for once like buying half decent player ?

I liked Baptiste mainly because he was played at right back and often struggled but manfully stuck to it and got to grips with it. Then he obviously looked comfortable when played in the centre but the tinkerman wanted/had to play the stuttering young guys there so we didn't get the best we could have from him.

Concerns me now if he comes back, older, slower and on the back of a serious injury and hardly any football since he left. Be good back up on the right deal no doubt but anything else is another big risk. Why can't we just do something proper for once like buying half decent player ?

We had one. We've just sold him

As a centre half, Baptiste's reading of the game is excellent in my opinion. The way he pressures the ball and forces players away from goal always stood out to me, he's also great in the air and a dirty git... Always liked the way he gave away fouls further up the pitch too. I'd have him back in a heart beat.

I agree but surely the injury at his age and lack of games is a concern ? He only went to Boro as back up I think, I'd never have let him go in the first place but he was on a Prem wage at Bolton so I suppose it was beyond us. Pedigree defender at this level on his day.

I agree but surely the injury at his age and lack of games is a concern ? He only went to Boro as back up I think, I'd never have let him go in the first place but he was on a Prem wage at Bolton so I suppose it was beyond us. Pedigree defender at this level on his day.

I'd be concermed if it was a centre forward or winger but as a centre half i think he'll be alright. Especially as he relied more on his reading of the game than his legs.

I can't believe the new signings promoting the club right now are Stokes and Feeney. Both free. Do we have no dignity left? It's f*&@ing embarrassing.

There must be players in the world who can improve this squad out there available for a small fee. What the f%£k has happened to our scouting system!

Do we even SIGN players for the youth academy any more? In 2006 we BOUGHT Martin Olsson as a 19 year old for the youth team. We signed a 20 year old N'Zonzi for 500k.

Back then we were smart. Right now we NEED to pay for a centre back, a striker, a left back, a right back and loan decent goalkeeper or fail. F&^k!

Gestede 6m + Rhodes 9m + Hanley 5.5m, (20.5 million + wages) = Bennett, Gomez, Stokes, Graham, Feeney... Hendrie, Bryne? F*%k off!

Don't forget Olsson £1m, and there was Cairney £3.5m before them all

and half a million for Nzonzi sell on...

And they were reporting the other day in the LT that we are receiving £1.25 million from the Rochina sell on clause.

Oops, someone already posted this earlier.

Jack Baldwin from Peterborough?

http://www.peterborough.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=453219

I think Hoilett is without a contract at the moment, could also take a gamble on Frimpong although it sounds like he has a bad attitude (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2622606/Emmanuel-Frimpong-released-Barnsley-just-four-months-leaving-Arsenal.html),

You remember when you were a child and you'd write stories in school where really scary stuff would happen and then right at the end it would finish with "and then I woke up in bed and it had all been a bad dream"? That can happen in real life right?

I'd think most would consider me to be in the Rovers Fan camp on here. But I'm struggling. The only positive I can take out of this is I'm considering inventing and selling a new word to describe the situation. Something like bleak but bleaker. Maybe bleakest covers it. See, even that glimmer of bleakness has been taken away from me now. No centre halves, no new word, no hope for the season, no football club. Dark days.

You remember when you were a child and you'd write stories in school where really scary stuff would happen and then right at the end it would finish with "and then I woke up in bed and it had all been a bad dream"? That can happen in real life right?

I'd think most would consider me to be in the Rovers Fan camp on here. But I'm struggling. The only positive I can take out of this is I'm considering inventing and selling a new word to describe the situation. Something like bleak but bleaker. Maybe bleakest covers it. See, even that glimmer of bleakness has been taken away from me now. No centre halves, no new word, no hope for the season, no football club. Dark days.

This is why, it's so frustrating when people shoot down the realists as doommongers in order to stay asleep. Maybe even justify their apathy towards protests. When really they just can't be bothered, or don't really care that our club is being damaged further every season.

The writing is on the wall with every decision but:

"Signing Kean is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, give em a chance"

"Giving Bowyer another season is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"Selling [pick one] is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, they just need to give the manager a bit of it"

Moving the family stand without consultation is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, it's not their fault it's the fans walking away"

"Signing Coyle is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"Not spending a penny on transfer fees for two years and making long serving key staff (the higher earners?) redundant is a bad sign about the perilous state the club is in"

"There's nothing we can do except watch and wait and hope we have a club left"

Fans of most other clubs would not put up with all this without a fight. We went down like lemmings.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if our transfer 'dealing' is done. But then it also wouldn't surprise me if they signed another player who just about made it possible for their supporters to say "see, they are trying" - or perhaps just openly courted someone only for it to fall through.

Bleakerer than ever. They say the darkest hour is before the dawn. We our nightmare continues with no sun in sight. Annual target of 21st and a player to sell - that's the height of our ambition.

Archived