BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW I don't believe there is anyone (even chaddy ;) ) who actually is 'happy clapping'. I think people are 'at worst' clinging to anything positive. Personally I choose to do that, while hoping for an exit strategy or admin rather than trying to join the (absolutely justified) misery.

But what is there actually `positive` to cling to in what is going on?

From my point there is nothing, and we just somehow have to get them out of the club

Venkys will give Cheston a pay rise. They must be loving him right now. I mean, who wouldnt like a man that brings them millions.

If plonkers strategy is to make the club self sufficient, make money off freebis, and the academy why would they pkt Bowyer.

All Cheston has done is sell an existing asset at a reduced price, Bowyer would have been a star to them he bought low sold high It's the one thing he did quite well.

If plonkers strategy is to make the club self sufficient, make money off freebis, and the academy why would they pkt Bowyer.

All Cheston has done is sell an existing asset at a reduced price, Bowyer would have been a star to them he bought low sold high It's the one thing he did quite well.

I honestly dont know what to think anymore. Lambert is 10 times better than Coyle, yet they didnt want to support him. Bowyer would have done similar to what Coyle is doing, and also working in this environment, so why get rid of him. Nothing makes sense, because, if they werent going to back Lambert, why get rid of Bowyer, only for them not to back Lambert.

My post seems confusing, but thats how confusing it is

I think I would agree with all of that. As you say, the Academy side of things seems to be working and there are a number of young lads - Wharton, Platt, Doyle, Hardcastle, Tomlinson, Rankin-Costello, Askew, Mols etc. who are worth keeping an eye on. However, as you say, whilst that strategy will keep the Academy going, indeed it was the strategy which Jack Walker had when the Academy was initially set up. The plan then was to sell lads who didn't make the Premier League grade to Football League clubs, but when the Football League's TV deal collapsed that plan went out of the window. The inability of those at Ewood to get corporate sales and sponsorship right is a major problem, but the lack of investment in the senior team can ultimately lead only one way.

The fact that they run successful businesses in other parts of the world would suggest not. Do they know how to run a football club - obviously not. They won't be the first, or the last, successful business people to buy a business they don't understand and watch it collapse.

We all make mistakes, we should learn from them right. If we dont, we only have ourselves to blame.

Venkys made a mistake after mistake, and didnt learn anything, so why continue if you dont have any desire to learn from them? Why are they holding onto a business that failed for them, making huge losses, and going nowhere. Its utterly bizarre situation, and nobody knows when it will end

Could this be start of Venky's exit strategy?

We have received circa £30 million in transfer fees/sell on clauses in the last 12 months, very little spent on the playing squad with almost all of it used to bring down the debt with the state bank of India which Venky's have liability for. Maybe they are bring down that debt to a level as much as they can from existing assets (playing squad) once they have sold all of those assets they begin the process of selling the club.

... Well I think everyone agrees there's is only 2 maybe 3 if you include Lowe saleable assets left at the club ..if the plan is to continue cashing in until there's nothing left you may be right ... If they spend and bring in some young talented players it would look like they are staying around a bit longer

"Opinion is the lifeblood of discussion".

Providing one agrees with Jbizzle. :wacko:

No irony there then.

I know that you have great difficulty accepting that anybody else's opinion on Rovers has any validity if it differs from yours but you've just had the board's position clearly explained so maybe stop pouting like a petulant adolescent.

As you seem to be on here 24/7 and are close to clocking 20000 posts board etiquette really should have to be pointed out to you.

Nicko is saying Ipswich want 2 mil for Tommy Smith.

Wasn't a swap with Bennett being lined up?

Just like 8 million for Hanley ... Why do you do it ?

He's passing on info. Take it or leave it. If you want to leave it then fine, do so and STFU.

I know that you have great difficulty accepting that anybody else's opinion on Rovers has any validity if it differs from yours but you've just had the board's position clearly explained so maybe stop pouting like a petulant adolescent.

As you seem to be on here 24/7 and are close to clocking 20000 posts board etiquette really should have to be pointed out to you.

Wasn't a swap with Bennett being lined up?

He's passing on info. Take it or leave it. If you want to leave it then fine, do so and STFU.

surely this is not acceptable?

I think I would agree with all of that. As you say, the Academy side of things seems to be working and there are a number of young lads - Wharton, Platt, Doyle, Hardcastle, Tomlinson, Rankin-Costello, Askew, Mols etc. who are worth keeping an eye on. However, as you say, whilst that strategy will keep the Academy going, indeed it was the strategy which Jack Walker had when the Academy was initially set up. The plan then was to sell lads who didn't make the Premier League grade to Football League clubs, but when the Football League's TV deal collapsed that plan went out of the window. The inability of those at Ewood to get corporate sales and sponsorship right is a major problem, but the lack of investment in the senior team can ultimately lead only one way.

The fact that they run successful businesses in other parts of the world would suggest not. Do they know how to run a football club - obviously not. They won't be the first, or the last, successful business people to buy a business they don't understand and watch it collapse.

Let's end this successful business people nonsense, their father was a fantastic business man and would never have got involved in buying a football club, they are rich kids with managers in place running the business.

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think that acronym is very polite, DGS

Neither is telling an enthusiastic fan that he's annoying. But you seemed happy enough ignoring politeness then Gumboots. Even more astonishing is a teacher ignoring the fact dyslexia may distort the intended tone of a message.

Neither is telling an enthusiastic fan that he's annoying. But you seemed happy enough ignoring politeness then Gumboots. Even more astonishing is a teacher ignoring the fact dyslexia may distort the intended tone of a message.

Are we really going to do this?

Because I'm more than willing to get myself banned to defend someone like gumboots on this...

It's OK. I'm off on my hols soon so 6 week self imposed ban. Will start early and disappear now. I don't know really what it had to do with pv when Chaddy, DGS and Jbizzle are all fine with me but this is what venkys have done to this mb. So bye guys. I may be back posting in September, but maybe not.

It's OK. I'm off on my hols soon so 6 week self imposed ban. Will start early and disappear now. I don't know really what it had to do with pv when Chaddy, DGS and Jbizzle are all fine with me but this is what venkys have done to this mb. So bye guys. I may be back posting in September, but maybe not.

:(

Cheers for that, PV.

Gumboots before that unexpected period I have never thought anything but good things about you. Probably why I was so taken aback by it. I have no problem with you per se. Honestly, at first I thought your account had been hacked. But if you saw fit to say what you said (quite honestly) then I don't feel bad for saying I disagree with it. I think that's fair is it not?

Cheers for that, PV.

Do me favour Stuart.

Are we really going to do this?

Because I'm more than willing to get myself banned to defend someone like gumboots on this...

Cheers for that, PV.

You can get banned for that!!!!

Holey Moley, how tough has the modding got on here?

Archived