BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conway prefers to play on the left wing. Most of the time thats where he has played.

Marshall prefers playing on the left aswell tho

Hate watching Conway on the left wing.

Step 1. get ball and run down left wing.

Step 2. stop and turn back onto right foot.

Step 3. run back a few yards and put a cross in.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Absolutely. Left footers, left wing, right footers, right wing. How often do wingers cut in and score?. Very rarely. The whole philosophy of "wrong wing" wingers stinks. Never worked, never will do.

• Moderation Lead

Agreed. Inverted wingers doesn't work in the main (unless we're talking those at Bayern/Barca/Real, in which case they're the best in their field and quick enough for it not to matter!!)

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but perhaps Celtic won't come calling for Duffy after all. There are reports up here that Kolo Toure is signing a 12 month contract with them. I shudder to think what his wages will be!!

Brown to be awarded 12 month contract ?

What is the sense in replacing one aging, injury-prone centre back (Killgallon) with another (Brown) who is even worse in both respects - and certainly will not be on lower wages than Killa. Could only happen under this totally stupid regime.

Why do you say that when Liverpool are short on centre backs? I'm not doubting you. I just wondered why they would loan him out.

The same reason they loaned him to Granada, Bordeaux and Villa. Because he isn't good enough for them at the moment

So the extra defender to provide cover is an experienced championship centre half. I'm thinking Wheater or Greer. Maybe Anton Ferdinand but think one of the first two. It's the third spot and I would imagine it's between Brown and this guy to be the back up CB with a new player being bought to play alongside Duffy.

That's my thoughts anyway.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but perhaps Celtic won't come calling for Duffy after all. There are reports up here that Kolo Toure is signing a 12 month contract with them. I shudder to think what his wages will be!!

....and Owens been trying so hard to drum up interest :glare:

Hate watching Conway on the left wing.

Step 1. get ball and run down left wing.

Step 2. stop and turn back onto right foot.

Step 3. run back a few yards and put a cross in.

Repeat ad infinitum.

step 4 create loads of chances and come about 6th in the assists table in 14/15.

In the same year Matt Ritchie had the most assists playing on the opposite wing to his favoured foot. Both are quite slow so can't beat a man easily on the outside, but both have excellent delivery. It's a lot harder for a defender on his weaker foot to stop a player cutting back on his stronger foot from putting in crosses. Hence why they are both so effective.

As someone else said though once Rudy left he wasn't quite as effective.

Absolutely. Left footers, left wing, right footers, right wing. How often do wingers cut in and score?. Very rarely. The whole philosophy of "wrong wing" wingers stinks. Never worked, never will do.

Damien Duff

Who has mentioned this centre half?

Did wonder of any link to Greer after learning of his release. Linked with League 1 clubs if I remember correctly.

Sounds about right.

not sure if anyone has provided links, or links that our new CB is going to be experienced. I might have missed it though.

I'd be very supportive of signing Greer. Still has a lot to offer. Never had any pace so his age is not a problem. Good in the air, good positional sense, and a real leader.

Central defensive options of Duffy, Ward, Hanley replacement, Brown, and Greer would be very strong.

Archived