BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did play right back in 2 games under Lambert.

On the left back situation I would be looking at Mings from Bournemouth. With Bournemouth, looking like they will sign Smith from Liverpool for 6 mil and have Daniels aswell.

Smith looks a good player to me, surprised Liverpool considering selling- surely better to give out to a championship team on a 12 month loan, and see how he fairs before taking the cash.

Im sure Klopp said something along the lines of not selling off their young talent without giving them a chance when he arrived.

Smith looks a good player to me, surprised Liverpool considering selling- surely better to give out to a championship team on a 12 month loan, and see how he fairs before taking the cash.

Im sure Klopp said something along the lines of not selling off their young talent without giving them a chance when he arrived.

Sure they will do a Barca and put some buy back clause in.

Incredible. The re-write now includes changing player positions. Lowe has always been a midfielder. Albeit a poor one.

Right back was his new position when the cutbacks started.

Now then, who was our last decent 'career right back'? Salgado? Or has there been one since?

Well people still want the square peg in a round hole situation though. But you cant blame people if they are happy to see a rank average midfielder in Lowe, play at RB.

Is it because we cant find a proper RB, and Lowe cant hold down a place in his natural position. Silly situation to be in right now

I hope midfielders are on the shopping list. Central midfield needs a lot of beefing up. Have a feeling Byrne will be good, and Lenihan is decent, but the rest are very poor - Akpan, Evans, Guthrie and Lowe.

Wingers are ok. Feeney is ok, Bennett is ok on his day (Coyle would let him leave if the right offer comes in), Marshall very good (but likely to leave), and Conway used to be good (think Coyle will try to ship him out and bring in a pacy winger). Mahoney looks a good prospect, but O'Sullivan will most likely move on to a lge 1 club.

I can see quite a big shake up of the squad to come before the end of the window.

We need a new lb and will bring one in. Need two new strikers (will bring in one cheap one and one pacy one on loan from prem). Need a pacy winger and CM (will need to shift one or two out first) a keeper, and 2 or 3 central defenders.

Rovers 11, my 1st choice centre midfielder would be Evans and Lenihan. I would be possible tempt to play Byrne in a 10 role. Also seems like Marshall might play there.

Apkan decent back up.

I wouldnt let Bennett go. Good player

My shopping list would be

1 left back

1 centre back plus Greer

2 strikers. One pacey striker and maybe target man striker.

1 keeper

So thats 6 players to come in.

Rovers 11, my 1st choice centre midfielder would be Evans and Lenihan. I would be possible tempt to play Byrne in a 10 role. Also seems like Marshall might play there.

Apkan decent back up.

I wouldnt let Bennett go. Good player

My shopping list would be

1 left back

1 centre back plus Greer

2 strikers. One pacey striker and maybe target man striker.

1 keeper

So thats 6 players to come in.

A pairing of Evans/Lenihan will get overrun in most games. Wouldn't be strong enough Imo.

I think you're right with the shopping list, that's what we're currently after.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wants to bring in another winger and cm but we'd have to shift a player from those positions out first. We are already well stocked numbers-wise in those areas. I cannot, however, see how he'll be able to shift any of those central midfielders.

Coyle had said he wants to play with pacy wingers so that probably means Conway is not in his plans. I think he'd happily sell Bennett or Conway to make room for another pacy winger.

A starting 11 of:

New GK

Lowe Duffy new CB New lb

Bennett Lenihan Byrne Marshall

Graham New Striker

Not an amazing side but good enough to compete. Lose Marshall and Duffy and we have problems.

Well people still want the square peg in a round hole situation though. But you cant blame people if they are happy to see a rank average midfielder in Lowe, play at RB.

Is it because we cant find a proper RB, and Lowe cant hold down a place in his natural position. Silly situation to be in right now

Same situation as the beginning of last but one season that saw Lowe go to RB in the first game and Henley left back a game or so later. Round in circles and until we have a manager who can get to grips with this type of basic stuff we'll just continue to struggle even if the rest of the team was ok.

It's pathetic it really is, 2 full time left backs on the books at the beginning of last season now none. No proper capable championship right back for years either. Personally I'd offski Lowe and Henley and bring in a decent right back with their wages going towards it. Neither have contributed anything for the last few years for various reasons.

• Backroom

The PL loan left back was Liverpool Brad Smith.

Looks like he off to Bournemouth for 6 million pounds

Well then we need to make moves on targets we can actually get, not sure 2 premier league loans st left back is best idea, both can't play and one team likely to recall ala Modou Barrow.

A pairing of Evans/Lenihan will get overrun in most games. Wouldn't be strong enough Imo.

I think you're right with the shopping list, that's what we're currently after.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wants to bring in another winger and cm but we'd have to shift a player from those positions out first. We are already well stocked numbers-wise in those areas. I cannot, however, see how he'll be able to shift any of those central midfielders.

Coyle had said he wants to play with pacy wingers so that probably means Conway is not in his plans. I think he'd happily sell Bennett or Conway to make room for another pacy winger.

A starting 11 of:

New GK

Lowe Duffy new CB New lb

Bennett Lenihan Byrne Marshall

Graham New Striker

Not an amazing side but good enough to compete. Lose Marshall and Duffy and we have problems.

Lenihan and Evans would be a strong midfield, maybe with Byrne in there in 4-3-3 formation but Coyle seems to want to 4-4-1-1 formation as his main formation.

Happy with wingers as we 4/5 players who can play there.

My team would be:- Steele; Lowe, Duffy, new CB, New LB; Bennett, Lenihan, Evans, Conway; Marshall; Graham.

Lenihan and Evans would be a strong midfield, maybe with Byrne in there in 4-3-3 formation but Coyle seems to want to 4-4-1-1 formation as his main formation.

My team would be:- Steele; Lowe, Duffy, new CB, New LB; Bennett, Lenihan, Evans, Conway; Marshall; Graham.

Looks like a fantasy 11 to me as neither Duffy or Marshall are likely to be staying beyond 31 August unless they sign new contracts which is highly unlikely. The already anorexic looking squad will be skeletal in a few weeks time as well as being almost totally bereft of any quality.

so Byrne and Stokes dont feature ..?

I'll back everyone else on the Lowe one as well I'm afraid Chaddy. The lad will see himself as a midfielder. He's represented his country in that position and it will be the position that he will see himself playing in the future. Neither him or Marshall are a full back. They are both midfielders being shoe horned into a different position.

I'll back everyone else on the Lowe one as well I'm afraid Chaddy. The lad will see himself as a midfielder. He's represented his country in that position and it will be the position that he will see himself playing in the future. Neither him or Marshall are a full back. They are both midfielders being shoe horned into a different position.

Agree with Lowe. Although I've advocated him going to right back mainly because he's carp on midfield. But I actually think Marshall could forge a decent career at right back. I think the number 10 experiments have failed almost every time and although I rate him out wide, I think he sometimes benefits by being the overlapping player.

Also, on a different subject, I think I'd be inclined to have Bennett in centre midfield. Great engine and not a bad player to boot. But get the feeling Coyle might not fancy him.

so Byrne and Stokes dont feature ..?

not at this stage.

Would like to see Byrne playing the hole or in a midfield with. I feel with need a strong centre midfielders in there.

I think Byrne will come good given time. Stokes I haven't worked out strengths yet or where is best position is

not at this stage.

Would like to see Byrne playing the hole or in a midfield with. I feel with need a strong centre midfielders in there.

I think Byrne will come good given time. Stokes I haven't worked out strengths yet or where is best position is

My man in the office is 100% City. Was surprised at Byrne. Thought we'd taken a Brandon Barker at first as he though Byrne wouldn't make it.

Although would anyone make it at Citeh.

Rejected us for Cerro Porteno. Let that sink in gents.

We hit the bottom of the barrel yet?

Days of Brockhall being "rocking" are long over.

I'm as cynical as anyone mate but Blackburn or his own country... Can see why he'd want to go there. I take your point, in the prem he'd have been here no questions...

I'm as cynical as anyone mate but Blackburn or his own country... Can see why he'd want to go there. I take your point, in the prem he'd have been here no questions...

Is he not Uruguayan?

The championship is statistically in the world one of the most competitive, let's face it only five teams this year haven't been in the Premiership.

Is the Paraguay league full-time?

Is he not Uruguayan?

The championship is statistically in the world one of the most competitive, let's face it only five teams this year haven't been in the Premiership.

Is the Paraguay league full-time?

My mistake had it in my head it was a Uruguayan team... Your point stands then I suppose, Paraguayan league instead of here... Doesn't look good.

Archived