BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Its all very hum drum, the spite vile and downright awful abuse flung out to fellow members.

Rovers are just a joke, Coyle is a joke and unless venkys and Cheston pull their act together by Tuesday, Norwich are gonna have field day on Saturday

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Rovers are just a joke, Coyle is a joke and unless venkys and Cheston pull their act together by Tuesday, Norwich are gonna have field day on Saturday

Barring a miracle happening between now and next weekend, Norwich is going to be very painful indeed. Even if we did somehow manage to bring in the 4 or 5 players required by the end of the week, these players will have no time whatsoever to settle in. I've seen people say "the transfer window doesn't shut for another month", as if it's OK we've barely done any proper business yet. Yes, the transfer window is open for another month, but by then we'll have already played 3 or 4 league games!

There's plenty to moan about. Some do nothing but moan. Some even make stuff up on a quiet day and moan about it. Some moan that not enough people are moaning. Some rarely moan and get hounded for it. Que Sera

All you seem to do ,very aggressively, is moan about people moaning! How ironic is that?

If we can't moan under the current set of circumstances, when would it be alright?

Tell me something I can be optimistic about which is Rovers-related and I'll give it a go.

Good effort! There's also the Academy retaining its status.

I think good news is exhausted there though!

There doesn't seem to be any transfer news as such even though the season starts in a few days.

All you seem to do ,very aggressively, is moan about people moaning! How ironic is that?

If we can't moan under the current set of circumstances, when would it be alright?

Tell me something I can be optimistic about which is Rovers-related and I'll give it a go.

Sigh. is this the new 'angle'. You saying it doesn't make it true.

Rovers-related optimism? The season hasn't started yet, we may sign some good players before the transfer window closes. We may also get a few lucky breaks or even play well and get a few wins under our belts early doors. This may catapult us on to a great run culminating in our richly-deserved promotion. Or we may just avoid relegation. Who knows? No point walking round with your chin on the floor just yet.

What is certain is that one day the Venksters will leave.

• Backroom

There's now another chap on Twitter who claims to be a reporter competing with Nicko in the vague guessing games, somehow even less believable

Yep.looks grim. If Greer is now a spent force(as reports suggest)Coyle may have to play Lenihan as a 3rd central-defender but not having enough players to make up the squad is just ridiculous...............

I did wonder why Brighton let him go. That surprised me.

• Backroom

I did wonder why Brighton let him go. That surprised me.

Tbf, the bloke's 36 in December. It's not uncommon for players of his age to be let go, and Brighton aren't short of a few bob to replace him.

Sigh. is this the new 'angle'. You saying it doesn't make it true.

Rovers-related optimism? The season hasn't started yet, we may sign some good players before the transfer window closes. We may also get a few lucky breaks or even play well and get a few wins under our belts early doors. This may catapult us on to a great run culminating in our richly-deserved promotion. Or we may just avoid relegation. Who knows? No point walking round with your chin on the floor just yet.

What is certain is that one day the Venksters will leave.

You don't sound all that convincing. What's the odds on that load of "mays-type"optimism working out?

I know Venksters will leave one day but a) what will they leave and B) will I still be alive to see it?

Admit it, there is no cause for optimism and every reason to expect the worst.

Tbf, the bloke's 36 in December. It's not uncommon for players of his age to be let go, and Brighton aren't short of a few bob to replace him.

True but Brighton aren't that rich are they? And would've thought they'd want him as a squad player even if not automatic first choice. But yeah when you put it like that, and that's our replacement for Hanley it doesn't look too good.

You don't sound all that convincing. What's the odds on that load of "mays-type"optimism working out?

I know Venksters will leave one day but a) what will they leave and B) will I still be alive to see it?

Admit it, there is no cause for optimism and every reason to expect the worst.

That's down to the individual, and not something he/she can impose on others.

• Backroom

True but Brighton aren't that rich are they? And would've thought they'd want him as a squad player even if not automatic first choice. But yeah when you put it like that, and that's our replacement for Hanley it doesn't look too good.

They aren't loaded but they have enough to replace a 35/36 year old defender, for sure. As you say, if Greer is our Hanley replacement it really does highlight just where we are as a club. When you're taking in cast offs from clubs in the division above, that's often a risk worth taking - Danny Graham, for example. But when you're doing the same from clubs in the same division - Akpan and Guthrie, to name two recent ones - you're only going one way, and you're going there fast.

Apart from finding out that Greer was in Blackpool along with the rest of the Rovers squad the night before the game, this has been the summer to finally show Nixon for what he is.

Not broke any of the incoming stories and so far his vague guesses haven't even come close.

As Blackpool are held up as the worst run club around can someone tell me how (apart from current league status) we differ from them in the way we're run? At least Blackpool have an owner they can vent their spleen at.

As Blackpool are held up as the worst run club around can someone tell me how (apart from current league status) we differ from them in the way we're run? At least Blackpool have an owner they can vent their spleen at.

Well they've not directly sued any of us yet. That would mean acknowledging we exist.

They are in League Two. That's the only difference as I see it.

Put your house on a McCormack debut goal, then. Maybe even a hat trick.

Do you mean this Saturday could see a £12 Million striker in direct opposition with a freebie 36 year old centre half? Oh heck, I fear the worst.

• Backroom

Do you mean this Saturday could see a £12 Million striker in direct opposition with a freebie 36 year old centre half? Oh heck, I fear the worst.

£12m seems a bit excessive for McCormack to be honest, but he's got a 1/3 strike rate at his last two clubs, so yeah... can't wait.

Archived