BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Tried this on the Premier League thread but nobody is interested in that league anymore apparently.

So here goes again!

Everton have bid £25 million for Fiorentina striker KALINIC!!!!

And the Italian club have rejected it.

Allardyce thought his strengths would be put to best use by hoofing the ball to him time and time again.

Then when he couldn't handle the ariel bombardment Allardyce slagging him off in the press for not trying.

Great man manager Allardyce :blink:

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Allardyce thought his strengths would be put to best use by hoofing the ball to him time and time again.

Then when he couldn't handle the ariel bombardment Allardyce slagging him off in the press for not trying.

Did a pretty good job with the other 24 players in the squad tbf.

His replacement - the Yak - did just fine. Taking balls down from any height is a technique you see.

As a Brisbane Roar are my home town club and i support them i can tell you Polenz is not the answer. Probably better than Henley but that isn't saying much. The guy is a bit of a crock as well. In regards to midfield i've banged on a bit regarding this but i really feel we missed a trick when Huddersfield signed Mooy on loan from Man City. Would have added stability and energy to our @#/? midfield

As a Brisbane Roar are my home town club and i support them i can tell you Polenz is not the answer. Probably better than Henley but that isn't saying much. The guy is a bit of a crock as well. In regards to midfield i've banged on a bit regarding this but i really feel we missed a trick when Huddersfield signed Mooy on loan from Man City. Would have added stability and energy to our @#/? midfield

hmmm, perfect for us then or what?

Kalinic was a lot younger when he was here and not physically ready for the prem IMO, he's a totally different player now with a wealth of experience across a number of leagues. He was always a tidy footballer, good feet and looked to bring others into play, he just didnt have the physical stature required when he was with us.

I agree it is depressing, but then so is the thought that we once considered Kalinic not good enough to grace the famous Blue & White shirt...

Anyway, the snakes will be aware that the broth is coming to a boil around them, so more than likely they will be disincentivised from making any decisions that might cost them money - especially bringing new players into a club where the lid is about to come off...

VENKYS OUT!!

I agree it is depressing, but then so is the thought that we once considered Kalinic not good enough to grace the famous Blue & White shirt...

Anyway, the snakes will be aware that the broth is coming to a boil around them, so more than likely they will be disincentivised from making any decisions that might cost them money - especially bringing new players into a club where the lid is about to come off...

VENKYS OUT!!

With the heat being turned up I wonder if they'll bin the club in whatever way..............bring it on...VENKYS OUT

We all knew that the "fair" contract offers would fall short of what the players wanted. Coyle virtually said as much when he said they would have to come back if they didn't feel it was enough (or words to that effect). An "improvement" could be barely noticeable maybe even just referring to the length of the contract. Or if a post-parachute reduction was not as much as their current contract reduction, for example.

This grated though:

They are both good lads. Have they played to the maximum in the games? No. But I can certainly understand some of the off-the-field stuff that can affect them".

Blame the fans again.

Although the children who had a pop at Duffy on Twitter made that easy for him to say.

So Coyle himself has got back to the owners and he has been involved in the negotiations. What the hell is Cheston doing. And if they aren't doing it on the field drop them.

There is so much Coyle bullshit in that article it is actually quite nauseating.

If it actually is Venkys deciding anything on contract offers you have to wonder how they will react to this. I can imagine them being peeved that someone has had the audacity to turn down their offer. I'm guessing they aren't used to people turning down their offers and may well dig their heels in.

I can't see either Marshall or Duffy signing a new contract anyway.

No surprise that both have rejected contracts. They and their agents know that they are in a strong position to negotiate with other clubs in the summer - no transfer fee but a nice signing on fee for the players instead. Ultimately, you can't blame them for wanting to get the best deal they can. It merely confirms what many believe - that the owners have parked the club and are merely putting in the minimum amount to keep it ticking over. At the moment the club is between a rock and a hard place - owners who won't sell but won't invest.

Archived