BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

And somehow even with that team Gaz could only get us to 9th.

Agreed mate. As I've said on many many occasions Gaz was tactically weak. There's no way we should've finished outside the playoffs with that team. 41 goals scored between Rhodes and Gestede alone.

My point was regarding the excellent squad of players he built before FFP.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would cost money and command a decent Championship wage. Neither of those things we appear willing to pay.

If Duffy goes we will do one of three things.

Offer more to sign the French 2nd division lad.

Make do with who we already have and promote Scott Wharton.

Try and find a loan player from a Premier League club.

Proven, respected, capable, experienced Championship players? Forget it.

You're forgetting the 4th and most likely option - Step up Wesley Brown

Hopefully the owners ain`t going to give any money for players yet. Can`t see Coyle lasting so would be a waste, mind you if they were only going to spend a couple of million at most, it will all have to go to paying off his contract.

Venkys are skint - they have no money.

Nicko

Brighton expected to go to 4m for Shane Duffy at Blackburn today. No further comment.

More likely they'll offer half a mill as Duffy has just made it impossible to stay. The vultures are circling.

If it only cost Newcastle £5.5 million for Hanley (our captain, player of the season, and a far superior player to Duffy), then why would anyone offer £4 million for Duffy, who is also out of contract soon?

It makes no sense. If Venkys or their friends rejected £4.5 million for Hanley before accepting £5.5 million then it won't take anywhere near £4 million for Duffy.

If it only cost Newcastle £5.5 million for Hanley (our captain, player of the season, and a far superior player to Duffy), then why would anyone offer £4 million for Duffy, who is also out of contract soon?

It makes no sense. If Venkys or their friends rejected £4.5 million for Hanley before accepting £5.5 million then it won't take anywhere near £4 million for Duffy.

Grant Hanley, the far superior defender who has already been found out and dropped by Benitez?

Grant Hanley, the far superior defender who has already been found out and dropped by Benitez?

Hanley was our best player last season and is far superior to the walking disaster that is Duffy. He might not be good enough for Newcastle's team with their near £50 million outlay but he was our best defender and significantly better than any of those we've got now.

Hanley's absence has also contributed to Duffy losing the plot completely IMO. Last season I think Hanley was able to understand how Duffy works and keep him under control. Now he doesn't have that calming influence he's a loose cannon on deck.

Hanley was our best player last season and is far superior to the walking disaster that is Duffy. He might not be good enough for Newcastle's team with their near £50 million outlay but he was our best defender and significantly better than any of those we've got now.

Hanley's absence has also contributed to Duffy losing the plot completely IMO. Last season I think Hanley was able to understand how Duffy works and keep him under control. Now he doesn't have that calming influence he's a loose cannon on deck.

Totally agree. Duffy has a hugely inflated opinion of himself/his ability. Get rid Rovers

I think you'll find that once Duffy leaves and works with better players and better coaches his career will go from strength to strength.

He's got one thing that Hanley hasn't, he's a goal scoring threat :P but seriously he does offer an attacking threat also.

Just heard that Palace have agreed a £30m fee for Benteke, if it wasn't for the crooks, spivs and thick chicken farmers it would be us operating in those markets :angry2:

I think you'll find that once Duffy leaves and works with better players and better coaches his career will go from strength to strength.

He's got one thing that Hanley hasn't, he's a goal scoring threat :P but seriously he does offer an attacking threat also.

Just heard that Palace have agreed a £30m fee for Benteke, if it wasn't for the crooks, spivs and thick chicken farmers it would be us operating in those markets :angry2:

Knowing what we've had in the past, I can't bring myself to big Duffy up in any way - especially in this situation. Much more than showing potential, he has consistently shown himself to be an absolute liability. When the dust settles, he'll just be another low - rate, ex-Rover. Way of the pace of Berg, Moran, Samba, Nelsen, Short, Hendry, Jones, Henchoz and Todd (plus God knows how many others). We are at the arse-end of the Championship and if we had a squad with depth, he'd be dropped.

Knowing what we've had in the past, I can't bring myself to big Duffy up in any way - especially in this situation. Much more than showing potential, he has consistently shown himself to be an absolute liability. When the dust settles, he'll just be another low - rate, ex-Rover. Way of the pace of Berg, Moran, Samba, Nelsen, Short, Hendry, Jones, Henchoz and Todd (plus God knows how many others). We are at the arse-end of the Championship and if we had a squad with depth, he'd be dropped.

Its all about opinions, but lets face it, Shane Duffy is the least of our worries at the moment.

Its all about opinions, but lets face it, Shane Duffy is the least of our worries at the moment.

I don't know. He certainly cost us points yesterday. There's certainly two things going on at Rovers, the bigger picture and simply the football side of things.

Venkys are skint - they have no money.

More likely they'll offer half a mill as Duffy has just made it impossible to stay. The vultures are circling.

Dont think Venkyys are skint but doing everything they can to up the share price. However we are assuming Venkys are our owners but maybe not?

I don't know. He certainly cost us points yesterday. There's certainly two things going on at Rovers, the bigger picture and simply the football side of things.

Thats irrelevant Pedro with respect, only one thing matters and thats getting rid of venkys.

Archived