BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to Nixon we're signing a Premier League CB on loan and Hoban on loan from Watford?

Add those two to Byrne, Hendrie, Gallagher and Samuelsen and that's 6 loans. I thought the rule was that only 5 loans could be in the matchday squad?

So according to Nixon we're signing a Premier League CB on loan and Hoban on loan from Watford?

Add those two to Byrne, Hendrie, Gallagher and Samuelsen and that's 6 loans. I thought the rule was that only 5 loans could be in the matchday squad?

Certainly is the rule. Can get around it with big loan numbers by rotating but we don't have the squad for that.

• Backroom

So just keep getting in random left backs from the Prem in the hope one turns out good? Better than nothing I suppose but the Hendrie deal is looking daft as time passes.

Would rather one solid number one choice left back.

Hoban is a good addition. Don't know enough about the other lad to say, but as another poster said him being out of favour at Bristol City doesn't bode well.

This "prem CB" will more than likely be a nobody. All of this is just smoke anyway - some people will conveniently forget we've still barely spent a penny while making millions in the process. All the money gone straight back out to pay debts off created by these shysters to begin with.

Venkys Out, Cheston Out, We Want Our Club Back.

So just keep getting in random left backs from the Prem in the hope one turns out good? Better than nothing I suppose but the Hendrie deal is looking daft as time passes.

Would rather one solid number one choice left back.

Its staggering that this time last year we had Olsson (reigning player of the season), Tommy Spurr and Matt Kilgallon all more than capable of playing LB at this level to at least an average standard. All 3 have been let go in the space of 12 months, not one of them replaced with a proper, proven capable left back.

For some reason Coyle seems to have thought he could fill this position with a West Ham kid who has never played at this level, then realised shortly after signing him that he's really not good enough so much so that he played a poor RB at LB instead for the first couple of games.

We've bumbled along for about 4 years without a proven, capable, experienced RB. It only seems logical to do the same at LB.

Hoban broke through when he was 18 when Watford were trying to get out of this league, got linked with some big clubs like United at the time. If Venkys model is to buy young developing players and sell them on then Hoban should have been the one to cough up for if there was a chance... He's a fairly big lad and would have been a like for like for Duffy in many ways.

I know nothing of Williams except he's out of favour at Bristol City... Which doesn't look good.

Seems Williams was on the bench last Saturday v Newcastle and didn't get a run out but did start at CB on Tuesday in the EFL game against Scunny. Read one fan's comments suggesting he doesn't have the attributes to be either a standout LB (lack of pace) or CB (height) for first choice selection at this level. Given our obvious vulnerabilities on the flanks, not sure what he therefor brings in added value, but have never seen the lad play so would be unfair to say anymore.

Our current right back is the worst player at the club. Absolutely useless. I am disgusted with his inclusion. Utterly baffling! Why is Coyle not after a right back? Lowe has exposed us time and again this season.He has no redeeming features, no positional sense, no football brain, makes no attempt to overlap, criticises team mates at every opportunity and possesses not one scrap of leadership ability.

I have never seen anything like it! When the whole rotten saga is revealed, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Jason is very well connected.

Rovers fans on twitter calling Duffy sale "good business" and saying "good business it needs reinvesting"...

What planet are these folk on? Where have they been for the past 6 years? There is no such thing as "good business" from a supporters point if view anymore, just asset stripping and a lower quality/value product.

Currently i'm not over the moon with Duffy and frankly any players signing or leaving just isn't that important to me. Selling our best players one after another though for it not to be reinvested i certainly wouldn't call "good business".

Some of our lot are bloody thick.

Rovers fans on twitter calling Duffy sale "good business" and saying "good business it needs reinvesting"...

What planet are these folk on? Where have they been for the past 6 years? There is no such thing as "good business" from a supporters point if view anymore, just asset stripping and a lower quality/value product.

Currently i'm not over the moon with Duffy and frankly any players signing or leaving just isn't that important to me. Selling our best players one after another though for it not to be reinvested i certainly wouldn't call "good business".

They need to open their eyes! There will be no transfer money just a redistribution of wage cost.

Next week's supporters meeting must united fans.

From Nixon

Blackburn next two will be Tommy Hoban from Watford loan and Derrick Williams from Bristol City buy. Both play ch and lb. Prem loan ch due.

More info on Hoban

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-hoban/profil/spieler/183161

I know not much about either player tbh

Even a football's Who's Who would be useless in trying to learn about our targets / signings.

Both have represented Rep of Ireland at junior and under 21 level, so the Celtic connection continues to roll.

So did former Rovers' Academy player Josh O'Keefe and who / where is he !?!?

Even a football's Who's Who would be useless for our targets / signings.

So did former Rovers' Academy player Josh O'Keefe and who / where is he !?!?

Wasn't suggesting for a second it was anything to get excited about. Just an observation that there appears to be a focus on Irish/Scots players. It was said tongue in cheek. We all remember the Portuguese influx and how effective that proved to be!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we sign him Nzonzi from ligue 2?

He was 20 and had played 35 times (scored 1) for Amiens as they were relegated from League 2

Ba is 22 and has made 19 starts for Lens RC

Nzonzi is the once in a couple of generations signing of that ilk that pays off

It's odd one that it won't happen again especially when Nzonzi was signed with the hope he could do a job at the highest level and not the rank bang average joe level we are at now......... he's now worth £25m??!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/24/leicester-city-consider-25m-bid-for--sevilla-midfielder-steven-n/

Samuelsen looks like a decent young player, though I never trust highlight reels. Can make a Sunday League-er look a worldie.

Just what we need, another winger? :blink:

Caveat emptor: Just because I player is loaned from a Premierleague club doesn't mean he'll be premier or even championship quality.

I hope he is. Just to save us this season but loans of this ilk are just short term elastoplasts and don't tackle long term squad quality

Here we go again. ' that's a lot of money for him '

It's irrelevant, as it won't be spent on a better CB,

Weakening the squad yet again will lead to relegation.

Good or average managers build from the back. We don't.

Hoban hasn't even played a competitive game for about two years has he? As for this Williams - **** me. Just sell the club you bunch of cretins.

Even Bayes is spouting this drivel on Twitter. Seriously it's folk like this coupled with our current predicament that is making me want to turn my back on football altogether. Just not worth getting so worked up over but I can't help myself.

Just what we need, another winger? :blink:

Caveat emptor: Just because I player is loaned from a Premierleague club doesn't mean he'll be premier or even championship quality.

I hope he is. Just to save us this season but loans of this ilk are just short term elastoplasts and don't tackle long term squad quality

He's not a winger. And he is quality.

Hoban and Samuelson are good signings. Hopefully the loan CH and CM are of a similar quality.

Steele

Lowe Hoban New CH Williams

Samuelson Byrne New CM Conway

Graham Gallagher

Not a bad first 11. Terrible manager and owners though which means we have no chance.

Archived