BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Somebody on Twitter has said its Jeremy Helan from Sheff wed .... Never heard of him

He's a left back isn't he? :/

I also hate how Nixon describes players. "Versatile. Handy.". Essentially means he hasn't got a position locked down and he isn't good enough to fit into a starting 11 - something we need desperately.

If it is Helan I'd be more than @#/? off. He's a left sided player, which we just bought one and have one on loan - why do we need another? Also would make a further mockery of the Hendrie loaning. Got plenty of wingers.

How long is it gunna take for the penny to drop. Right back, centre mid, centre back and goalkeeper please. Nothing else.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Venkys cant make a decision as per usual

Transfers and Venkys with their "apparent" inability to make a decision, it's a match made in heaven for the Mirrors gossip columnist.

Not slow to flog a player.....or squad though eh...

He's a left back isn't he? :/

I also hate how Nixon describes players. "Versatile. Handy.". Essentially means he hasn't got a position locked down and he isn't good enough to fit into a starting 11 - something we need desperately.

If it is Helan I'd be more than @#/? off. He's a left sided player, which we just bought one and have one on loan - why do we need another? Also would make a further mockery of the Hendrie loaning. Got plenty of wingers.

How long is it gunna take for the penny to drop. Right back, centre mid, centre back and goalkeeper please. Nothing else.

you forgot striker cos what we have aint up to it

Think he plays down the left side.

Quick isn't he?

yes Lotus Helan

Aston Villa have just signed Jonathan Kodjia for £15 million from Bristol City. That's roughly what we got for Rhodes and Gestede combined!

To say that the whole club policy in the last 12 months has been sell, sell, sell, I don't think they've been particularly successful at it.

If Kodjia is worth £15 million then £6 million for Gestede was a poor return for Rovers.

Likewise the decision to sell Hanley for £5.5 million, when a week before Coyle said that £4.5 million was an insult, is also highly suspicious, not to mention a lot less than we should have been looking at in today's market.

IF, and its a big IF, we got £4 million+ for Duffy with only a year left on his deal, then again, only getting £5.5. million for Hanley is a poor return.

Cairney is going to end up being worth a heck of a lot more than the £3-4 million we got for him. He's now Fulham's star man and could probably fetch £6 million+ in this daft market.

So not only are they stripping the club bare and pocketing the proceeds, they don't even seem to be able to do that to maximum effect.

Too be fair this summer the money being spent has just gone crazy. What a player was worth last summer you could get three times for now! It's mad and just underlines the fact we can't compete in this league thanks to our wonderful owners and underlines the fact we are going down and won't be coming back up anytime soon

V's must have a traffic light over the telephone in Pune Towers office (Barrys pipe den). Rings then flashes wildly in green for outgoing sale enquiry.

Big red light and no ring for incoming signing enquiry. Stop, do not answer.

Left winger converted to left-back, or the other way round. Tall, strong and rangey, pretty quick.

Plays with a certain (H)elan

He's rapid but can't do anything with the ball at his feet from what I've seen. Poor signing for me

Helan wouldn't be great from what I've seen of him, bit of a headless chicken, lacks serious composure when it comes to making a final decision, poor positioning when at full back albeit with a few tricks up his sleeve and pace/power. Do not want at full back. Looked at a post on a Wednesday forum that's pretty damning

"We had better check over the current trading standards position if Blackburn think they're signing a footballer. Legal case Could hang over us for years."

Overall. Slight upgrade on Feeney.

Helan wouldn't be great from what I've seen of him, bit of a headless chicken, lacks serious composure when it comes to making a final decision, poor positioning when at full back albeit with a few tricks up his sleeve and pace/power. Do not want at full back. Looked at a post on a Wednesday forum that's pretty damning

"We had better check over the current trading standards position if Blackburn think they're signing a footballer. Legal case Could hang over us for years."

Overall. Slight upgrade on Feeney.

Yep, doesn't sound great. "You get what you pay for". What i want to know is when Hanley was sold a proportion was going to be spent. To date we've paid 200k for Williams and sold Duffy for 4 million!

#ChestonLies

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/244842-helan/&page=1

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly sanctioned one or two cash purchases tomorrow. They really are that unpredictable, clueless and impossible to second guess. After a summer of austerity and running the club into the ground it would typify Venkys and their regime if they coughed up some cash to sign a decent player or two tomorrow, then we can spend the rest of the season wondering what might have been had they released some funds earlier in the summer when the decent players were available for sensible prices and when they could have backed a decent manager with a remit to keep us clear of trouble rather than a man who has already shown himself to be incompetent.

Then again, it also wouldn't surprise me if we get to tomorrow night without any more arrivals, despite Nixon's spiel.

I would also expect Ben Marshall to be on his way, even possibly on loan, just to get him out of the way for the last 6 months of his deal and try to find someone to pay his wages in the meantime.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly sanctioned one or two cash purchases tomorrow. They really are that unpredictable, clueless and impossible to second guess. After a summer of austerity and running the club into the ground it would typify Venkys and their regime if they coughed up some cash to sign a decent player or two tomorrow, then we can spend the rest of the season wondering what might have been had they released some funds earlier in the summer when the decent players were available for sensible prices and when they could have backed a decent manager with a remit to keep us clear of trouble rather than a man who has already shown himself to be incompetent.

Then again, it also wouldn't surprise me if we get to tomorrow night without any more arrivals, despite Nixon's spiel.

I would also expect Ben Marshall to be on his way, even possibly on loan, just to get him out of the way for the last 6 months of his deal and try to find someone to pay his wages in the meantime.

Dreamer re your opening gambit

Quick but crap is the word from a few Wednesday fans. Maybe he just needs a fresh challenge and after all what they call crap and what might be ok for us has a wide margin these days.

No - just CRAP

Quick but crap is the word from a few Wednesday fans. Maybe he just needs a fresh challenge and after all what they call crap and what might be ok for us has a wide margin these days.

We are so desperate, we will take any player and believe he is good.

Archived