BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't really a weird signing, Boro' needed someone to help them over the line for promotion. THey and most others expeted Rhodes would be that man as his scoring record at this level is fantastic, 11 million or whatever is a small price for the 150 million they were guaranteed through promotion. I doubt there was any intention of playing him in the prem, he was purely signed to get them there. Savvy business by Gibson, he knows there will always be someone in the championship who will take him on loan too.

I suppose so. It just seemed like he wasn't the managers choice in the first place, so seemed odd that he was so quickly benched and strong talk of him going from June (although I am one who gets dogged for not being in awe of his overall game).

beggars belief that we've focussed so much transfer effort on signing 3 left backs while still not having a recognized [ie competent] right back!!

wonder why that is... i mean, maybe somebody who plays at RB has been talking alot to Coyley and motivating as to why there is no need to sign a RB. I mean, one of the weakest players in the squad is captain.

My views on the owners are clear and simple. Sell the club.

But this the transfer thread

The club isn't sellable or buy able in current state

Yes it's the transfer thread probably the worst we've ever had including under the embargo

The club isn't sellable or buy able in current state

Yes it's the transfer thread probably the worst we've ever had including under the embargo

Transfer the owners and it fits the thread, however tenuous.

Very strange this one but on the official Ipswich twitter so appears legit. I wonder how much the fee is as Ipswich are apparently skint??

Clever that. Somebody has set up a new account (probably today) and replaced the "I" with another character.

This one always makes me laugh. I don't know why but it does.

It's up there with "Ray Wilkins has been spotted house hunting in Wilpshire".

The best I heard was at a match in 1996. Someone said to me : "We're signing Casiraghi from Juventus. I saw him in riding in with Jack"

Went round Ewood like wild fire.

Archived