BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you posted that Chaddy. At least the guy who said he'd never heard of Scott Hogan will have heard of him now,

I have thought for a while, that we are more likely to sell players that are doing remotely well, then bring in anyone to improve us. I would not be in the least bit surprised to see someone like Graham go, or even Conway for that matter.

We are in a relegation battle now so we need some form of investment. Last time we ended up like this it was the result of selling/freezing out solid players and having a buffoon as manager. At least it isn't like that this time.......

We must be the only club that is looking to spend the January window cutting costs further rather than doing the necessary to keep us up this season.

It appears these idiots would sooner spend January shaving another few thousand off the weekly wage bill by getting rid of the likes of Bennett and Guthrie than make serious efforts to avoid a likely relegation this season by bringing people in, including a new manager.

Marshall gone is a foregone conclusion. It disgusts me that after 6 years of playing games and lying to supporters that Coyle and co. still think people will swallow the 'illness' line that has kept him out of the last two games. Obviously Cheston, Pasha and co. won't be aware that if we beat Newcastle tomorrow and Wolves lose then we'll only be 4 points behind them in our quest to find 3 clubs to finish above, but it seems the whole survival thing is a side issue at the club.

It really shouldn't be because I'm sure the financial cost of even one season in League One will be far greater than any income they'll get from selling Marshall/Bennett or investing some cash in 2-3 decent additions in January, as other clubs will prove in the coming weeks.

Once he's gone and his £200k or whatever peanuts fee we'll get for him is banked then they'll move on to the next sale project. Danny Graham is rising to the top of that list. He's on course for potentially 20 goals this season in a woeful team and must be getting sick of things when he's putting us ahead or level in games and we're not coming away with anything to show for it. He won't be joining us in League One and will have some value for a transfer, so I'll bet a 'story' in the Lancashire Telegraph/Sun will appear in the next couple of weeks linking him with a move to a rival which will then snowball before he is sold to someone like Norwich for a million quid.

I think Coyle is looking to get rid of fringe players like Guthrie, Bennett and sending Byrne and Hendrie in hope Venkys let him sign 3 or 4 players.

Marshall will leave

No Raya ?

No Lowe ?

No Akpants ?

What about the young talented Joe Rankin - Costello ?

But they aren't

A list of who Rovers have done deals with in 12 months period was published.

so isn't that being transparent?

what are you actually after?

Who's Doyles agent chaddy along with Tomlinson and Rankin-Costello's ?

I reckon they'll stay until the summer at least - Boro are likely to stay up so that's £2 million quid. We must have some other sell on clauses (Judge, King, Gestede, Hanley etc.). Piece of string and all that.

Will we get that if they flog Rhodes though?

Anyone linked with the hopeless Liam Feeney ?

Please!

Will we get that if they flog Rhodes though?

I would think so. Otherwise they could be accused of selling him just to get out of paying their contractual dues.

I think Coyle is looking to get rid of fringe players like Guthrie, Bennett and sending Byrne and Hendrie in hope Venkys let him sign 3 or 4 players.

Marshall will leave

Worryingly, when fit Guthrie is probably the best of a bad bunch in the middle.

Yup. Central midfield is an utter joke and has looked poor since about 2008.

For a couple of runs Evans and Guthrie looked like a decent combination but both severely lack fitness and can only at best manage 4 games before one breaks down.

Seriously I think the last proper realiable central midfielder turning out for rovers was Savage. That's crazy.

• Backroom

That is worrying, as he is pretty awful.

The truth is we don't have any good central midfielders. Evans is only decent if he has much better players around him, of which there are none in our present team.

No leaders, no talent and no courage. Might as well replace "Arte et Labore" with that.

So we are deep in the mire and what is being done about it.

The transfer window is now upon us.

Is there any plan to get us out of this,

Is there any urgency to acquire the players OC has surely identified we need to get us out of trouble. One assumes he has done his homework.

After 6 months in the job surely the perennial problem of midfield and leaking goals has been seen as the areas to address or does everyone believe Lowe, Feeney, Evans and Conway will get us out of this. No chance.

The Sound of Silence is deafening from Pune.

The club keep issuing hollow promises made to keep the hope up. Must have been similar to this in Stalingrad as a German soldier as hope changes to abandonment.

More of that B'llocks today I read about us carrying a threat and we are hard to beat.

No one believes a word of it anymore. Sorry even my kids don't fall for that rubbish any longer.

No the Pune scorched earth policy continues.as actions and inaction speaks louder than words.

It is just a question of which gutter we will die in now.

Archived