SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

buzzing for it you chaddy.  Its like the band playing on the deck of the titanic.  Nothing happening here, Guv. Business as usual. :brfc:

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Leave it with you. The link named 5 clubs. What did you or your friend say about that? :D

I posted the link. Never commented on the link or the player

I have absolutely no idea what your point is - nor do I understand the majority of your post. 

Just now, J*B said:

I have absolutely no idea what your point is - nor do I understand the majority of your post. 

Firstly, you didnt read the link but choose to comment. It mention 5 clubs not 3 clubs. 

Secondly, I have no idea why you mention your friend Alan Nixon. 

Thirdly, I posted a link in the transfer thread relating to the thread topic. 

Not going to happen if there is a fee involved or if any other championship club interested. Can't comment on the player as I have never seen him play but I still have flashbacks  from last time we raided Doncaster for their player of the year 

Firstly, you didnt read the link but choose to comment. It mention 5 clubs not 3 clubs. 

Secondly, I have no idea why you mention your friend Alan Nixon. 

Thirdly, I posted a link in the transfer thread relating to the thread topic. 

Firstly, before your time, Alan Nixon used to post on this forum and had a theory that if ever an article is in the newspaper mentioning three or more clubs being interested in a player (thus 'the three club rule') it was an article that had been put into the media by a players agent to generate interest - and in most cases none of the three (or more) clubs where genuinely interested. 

Secondly, I mentioned my friend (note, I've never spoken to Alan Nixon - not sure when he became my friend) Alan Nixon due to the above reason. EDIT - this is incorrect, he was once on a podcast and we talked about his daughters bag company. Maybe he is my friend after all.

Thirdly, OK. I posted a reply to you in the transfer thread because the 'three club rule' devised by my friend Alan Nixon was potentially relevant. See point two, then one. 

Alan Nixon was on the forum during my time in the early years of me being a member just for the record

In which case you should know exactly what my original post meant and this entire convocation was worthless. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

A fee lol... Not coming here chaddyrovers and neither is anyone on a fee... 

I admire your positivity but it's becoming foolish now 

4 hours ago, north_ender said:

Few people on our forum have now said we've made an offer to Mahoney. Anyone know the latest with his situation?

The latest I heard was Rovers offered 3k he asked for.

Someone on here posted PNE Offered 8k. 

Personally I think he wait until end of the season decide what he wants to do

3 hours ago, north_ender said:

Few people on our forum have now said we've made an offer to Mahoney. Anyone know the latest with his situation?

Not good enough but given an easy ride because he's a rovers fan. The comments on your forum probably follow a paper trial to a man called Mercer that has friends and colleagues at every professional football club. 

5 hours ago, north_ender said:

You're welcome to him (as long as we get 100k or so compensation & a sell on fee), might turn into a decent player but he's 20 years old and not even close to being good enough yet.

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

You're welcome to him (as long as we get 100k or so compensation & a sell on fee), might turn into a decent player but he's 20 years old and not even close to being good enough yet.

ONLY just 20 yrs old ffs and he's not yet Ronaldo so yeah give him away :angry:

Just now, tomphil said:

ONLY just 20 yrs old ffs and he's not yet Ronaldo so yeah give him away :angry:

At 20 years old you are a man, and Mahoney still plays like a boy. He isn't good enough technically to make up for his lack of physicality. Maybe he'll get bigger and stronger in the next few years, but how many 20 years olds does that happen to? I can't think of many, can you? Serious question by the way.

Just now, RV Blue said:

At 20 years old you are a man, and Mahoney still plays like a boy. He isn't good enough technically to make up for his lack of physicality. Maybe he'll get bigger and stronger in the next few years, but how many 20 years olds does that happen to? I can't think of many, can you? Serious question by the way.

It happens of course it does although I don't think he'll develop into a great player but we are living in the real world now and there's every chance he'll develop into a handy payer at the level we are likely to be at for the next decade.

Certainly wouldn't give him a daft contract but i'd try and find some middle ground as I think it's worth holding onto him for a few years yet to see. Don't forget we'll still get compen if he stays another year or two yet right ?   What's to lose ?

18 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Writing him off way too soon.

MGP was like what, 23?, when we signed him and my 3 year old daughter could have muscled him off the ball.

Archived