SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Comparing Steven N'Zonzi to Jason Lowe... deary me.

In the sense that people seem(ed) to enjoy slagging them off, yes.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

To be honest, I thought Ruben Rochina was the best creative midfielder we have had for years. 

Technically maybe but he offered literally nothing when the other team were in possession. When he was able to perform he was generally one of the best players on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

N'Zonzi is (and was) a much better player than Lowe, but I will agree that our supporters have been rather hard on central midfielders of the years. 

I fear that next year we will be looking back and wishing that we had a player of Lowe's calibre, much like I dream of seeing someone like Keith Andrews in our side right now. 

Spot on.

10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Our central midfield has been largely dreadful for a very long time now.

Jermaine Jones and Phil Jones were probably the last decent 2 and one is a centre back and the other wasn't ours.

Murphy, Etuhu, Evans, Lowe, Akpan, Petrovic, Jorge (who? Exactly) Cairney (technically good, workrate of Berbatov, rarely played CM anyway)

Guthrie was reasonably poor until Mowbray came in, Mulgrew would have been good but was needed at CB.

Funnily enough Guthrie is the only midfielder "statistically" better than Lowe this season. My personal feeling is that we have a few decent defensive midfield types but none that are particularly creative moving up the pitch and I'm not sure that's really their fault, it's more the fact that we've been forced in to getting whoever is cheap and available. Those that were good in this area (Cairney) are usually snapped up.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

from wiki:-

On 3 August 2016, Taylor signed for Rotherham United for an undisclosed fee, understood to be a "club record deal". He agreed a three-year contract.[

According to transfermarkt, he signed for £510k from Peterborough.

His agent is SEG.

Last year he played 43 games, scoring 4 times and 3 assists. Primarily a right winger but has played left wing too.

Previous year he played 44 games in League 1, scoring 11 with 5 assists.

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

According to transfermarkt, he signed for £510k from Peterborough.

His agent is SEG.

Last year he played 43 games, scoring 4 times and 3 assists. Primarily a right winger but has played left wing too.

He's a winger and he's had 3 assists in 43 games. He's hardly prolific is he. Some goalkeepers could equal that.

I expect Mowbray has got a list as long as his arm of players who would jump at the chance to play for Blackburn Rovers, even in League One.

Just like Bowyer had his lists and Lambert had his lists and Coyle had his lists.

Players were interested, wages were verbally agreed, players and agents ready to sign, but until that magic word comes through from Pune nothing can happen.

Mowbray could have the Barcelona squad queuing up to transfer on frees on £1 k a week wages but unless Venkys agree to it they won't join.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Lowe has no calibre in football terms at all whatever league he's in he'll only do one thing however yes we may miss his effort for sure.

Jason Lowe is your modern day... fake footballer ! running around, shadowing the opposition whilst they do the damage. Continually slowing play down whilst possesing an alarming knack of continually playing the ball backwards and sideways.

Is he a product of the boring Gary Bowyer school of also ran ?

In terms of central midfield I think Tomlinson looked the part when he's played this season, looks comfortable on the ball rather than just a headless chicken. I thought Byrne looked good too, bit small but always wanted the ball, pity about the wages we'd have to pay if he played.

20 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

We will get money for Mahoney because he's under 24 and so we are entitled to compensation....as long as we've offered him a contract for the same money he was on before. Normally the two clubs agree the compensation figure but if they can't it goes to a tribunal. At the bottom of the above link are some examples of fees decide by Tribs.

This part could be a stumbling block?

In that case they've surpassed themselves as we are now about to relive the 70's version of Rovers.  Talk about backwards mentality frigging Doctor Who would struggle to take BRFC as far back as these shysters.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mike Weston. A football agent on twitter

Blackburn #Rovers keen on #TheDale 's Nathaniel Mendez Laing after 'derisory" bid for J. Taylor knocked back by #RUFC #RAFC

Transfermarkt lists him as playing primarily as a left winger - therefore replacing Fenney who must be definitely leaving?

He also played right wing, and striker roles last season too.

Throughout the 2016 / 17 season, he played 49 league and cup games, scored 10 and had 11 assists. His move to to Rochdale was a free transfer - which would obviously suit our empty purse.

Just now, gumboots said:

And this bid will be derisory too if it exists at all

Hes out of contract in 6 weeks

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Transfermarkt lists him as playing primarily as a left winger - therefore replacing Bennett who must be definitely leaving?

He also played right wing, and striker roles last season too.

Throughout the 2016 / 17 season, he played 49 league and cup games, scored 10 and had 11 assists. His move to to Rochdale was a free transfer - which would obviously suit our empty purse.

Hes a winger. 

Replacing Feeney and Mahoney. 

I believe he is a pacey winger

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hes a winger. 

I don't know why I put Bennett? I did mean Fenney - although I also didnt think of Mahoney.

Hasn't Feeney just been liked to a move to Villa?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hes a winger. 

He's nothing special, just an average standard league 1 player, oh I forgot we are league 1 club now!!! Seen him play several times because i live close to Dale and he's not really stood out to be honest.

Just now, gazsimm said:

He's nothing special, just an average standard league 1 player, oh I forgot we are league 1 club now!!! Seen him play several times because i live close to Dale and he's not really stood out to be honest.

Rochdale fans seem to rate him. Not that we'll get him anyway...

Just now, gazsimm said:

Comparing his actual stats to our wingers, he produces the goods "on paper".

Nathaniel Mendez Laing - Played 49, scored 10, 12 assists

Bennett - Played 31, scored 4, 2 assists.  

Feeney - Played 40, scored 2, 5 assists.

Mahoney - Played 21, no goals and 3 assists. 

These include league and cup games. Mahoney has goals and assists on his tally for the u23 division, which I have excluded. 

Archived