BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Jason Steele, David Raya, Ryan Nyambe, Elliott Ward, Charlie Mulgrew, Darragh Lenihan, Scott Wharton, Derrick Williams, Corry Evans, Willem Tomlinson, Elliott Bennett, Craig Conway, Liam Feeney, Danny Graham and Anthony Stokes.

That's all we've got left. I'd be surprised if Lenihan, Mulgrew and Graham are still here by September. Maybe the likes of Evans, Bennett and Williams will be snapped up too. There's not a lot left after that. I'd say we need a minimum of 10 players before we kick of the season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently we are signing an academy prospect from Scotland. 

...according to Nixon.

The thing is, we don't need academy prospects, we need first team players. Soon we'll be the only non-league team with a Category One academy.

Nope this all part of the plan now load the club with young academy lads costing nothing and next to nothing in wages then get them playing and hope to punt on. Quantity not quality is the pile em high sell em cheap chicken money making method soon to be applied to football.

Someone will now be telling that lot its a good idea and in 12/18 months your Nyambes, Lenihens etc will be worth money to sell. They'll never let it go, the production line starts here you can see it coming a mile away. Get ready to be an established midtable league 1 agents vehicle for the next decade ?

Only hope is Mowbray can look them in the eye and tell them how it is and how it really needs to be !

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nope this all part of the plan now load the club with young academy lads costing nothing and next to nothing in wages then get them playing and hope to punt on. Quantity not quality is the pile em high sell em cheap chicken money making method soon to be applied to football.

Someone will now be telling that lot its a good idea and in 12/18 months your Nyambes, Lenihens etc will be worth money to sell. They'll never let it go, the production line starts here you can see it coming a mile away. Get ready to be an established midtable league 1 agents vehicle for the next decade ?

Only hope is Mowbray can look them in the eye and tell them how it is and how it really needs to be !

Who's going to take nyambe? He's bloody awful. Lenihan is a Meh 

fact is our academy produce ain't all that so there's another flaw

With money & the transfer budget likely to be tight I think it's a good idea if there starting blooding the youngsters. It's only the option you are forced to work with what you have or alternatively the knack of spotting potential in the bargains & hope it pays off.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'd be prepared to stick my neck out and say that Lenihan will be a contender for League One player of the year.

But I think he will be sold to pay the bills.

15 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Jason Steele, David Raya, Ryan Nyambe, Elliott Ward, Charlie Mulgrew, Darragh Lenihan, Scott Wharton, Derrick Williams, Corry Evans, Willem Tomlinson, Elliott Bennett, Craig Conway, Liam Feeney, Danny Graham and Anthony Stokes.

That's all we've got left. I'd be surprised if Lenihan, Mulgrew and Graham are still here by September. Maybe the likes of Evans, Bennett and Williams will be snapped up too. There's not a lot left after that. I'd say we need a minimum of 10 players before we kick of the season.

Haha yeah 10 is a good starting point

8 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Pile em high and sell em CHEAP :o

19 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

You haven't seen much of Lenihan if you think he's a meh. Nyambe isn't great but he'll get better.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Lenihan  will be quality. He's good now. One of the few worth keeping but he's too good for League 1.

I'd be inclined to agree.  A bit raw in some respects but I really like him.  Gives his all, doesn't shirk a tackle and looks to play football when he gets a chance.  

In the games I've seen Nyambe, I think he's looked decent too, contrary to some reports.  Must remember he is very young and will make mistakes.  Got the physical attributes, just needs a bit of mental training and a bit of confidence instilled in him.

Just now, mustard said:

I'd be inclined to agree.  A bit raw in some respects but I really like him.  Gives his all, doesn't shirk a tackle and looks to play football when he gets a chance.  

In the games I've seen Nyambe, I think he's looked decent too, contrary to some reports.  Must remember he is very young and will make mistakes.  Got the physical attributes, just needs a bit of mental training and a bit of confidence instilled in him.

A successful  year in league 1 could do those boys the world of good. 

Just now, mustard said:

Before we sell them on for profit, aye.

Would be sad to see, but unfortunately that is where we are. Mowbray is asking for the opposite, so hopefully for the first time, the owners actually listen to someone who knows about football and actually wants the club to be successful. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be looking to give Lenihan and Nyambe new contracts

Lets hope Mowbray get a decent budget for signings after his talks in India

Hope all you want Chaddy if you don't mind disappointment.  Most of the rest of us have learnt to expect the worst and then triple it. That's about par for the course with this lot

Just now, gumboots said:

Hope all you want Chaddy if you don't mind disappointment.  Most of the rest of us have learnt to expect the worst and then triple it. That's about par for the course with this lot

I live my life has a half full glass then rather half empty glass. 

After the things Ive been through in the past 6 months personally and still to remain positive and strong. I have hopefully come through all of that now. Hopefully its onwards and upwards for me and my family. 3 or 4 people on this MB know what has gone on recently but I always keep on going and dont give up fighting

Archived