BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

So there it is. We expect to lose Mulgrew and Lenihan, 2 of our very best players.We blood a good youth player, he comes good in a "difficult" Championship year and we watch from afar to see if he makes the big-time with some other club. Just like Mahoney. Soul-destroying.

What positive news could Mowbray possible come back with? And why would anyone believe it?

Optimism ludicrously out of place.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Need to see what happens when Mowbray comes back from India talks. 

Some players will want to leave and some will want to stay as some told fans they were staying after the Brentford game. 

If Mowbray comes back from India will positive news then hopefully we see some good players sign and proper recruitment plan in place. 

What day is it today... 

Have the last seven years never happened wake up man 

Were has your hero senior gone.. Get your fiver to East lancashire hospice 

Just now, Athlete said:

What day is it today... 

Have the last seven years never happened wake up man 

Were has your hero senior gone.. Get your fiver to East lancashire hospice 

Lets see what happens when Mowbray comes.back from India. 

Senior my hero? Really. Suggest you go somewhere else with your dig. 

Already done. 

Some players will want to leave and some will want to stay as some told fans they were staying after the Brentford game. 

If Mowbray comes back from India with positive news then hopefully we see some good players sign and proper recruitment plan in place. 

We are on our 8th manager now. You are setting yourself up for a fall, again.

Just now, 47er said:

So there it is. We expect to lose Mulgrew and Lenihan, 2 of our very best players.We blood a good youth player, he comes good in a "difficult" Championship year and we watch from afar to see if he makes the big-time with some other club. Just like Mahoney. Soul-destroying.

What positive news could Mowbray possible come back with? And why would anyone believe it?

Optimism ludicrously out of place.

That's the problem - if we do bring along a promising young player like Lenihan we can't hold on to them long enough to get a decent fee for them. Somebody else a bit higher up the food chain will get the big bucks if they make the big time.

Lets see what happens when Mowbray comes.back from India. 

Senior my hero? Really. Suggest you go somewhere else with your dig. 

Already done. 

We all know what will happen.. Broken promises at best..

You kept bigging up the car salesman whom has now left so not a dig there 

There is no budget Chaddy it'll be worse than last pre season 

From Alan Nixon in today Sun

Charlie Mulgrew and Darragh Lenihan are ready to lead the Blackburn Exodus

Mulgrew wants to quit after relegation to league 1 and Lenihan has interests championship clubs

Steele could be targeted by Sunderland

From Nixon on twitter

Blackburn to sign top Scottish teen striker Kyle Connell. Was at Motherwell. Left. Shrewd one for down the line.

No surprises there , those two are both too good for League 1. Makes a nonsense of the numpty's on here who said it didn't matter if we went down or not. We're seeing now why it matters.

Mowbray was quite clear that he wanted the contracted players to be kept on. I suppose he just has to shrug his shoulders if the players want to leave. If he stays he's got a massive rebuilding job to do, bigger than the one Coyle had last summer. Hopefully Mowbray reiterates to the cluckers that a team full of loans is not only false economy, but that it means going through the same uncertainty each summer.

If Mowbray comes back from India with positive news then hopefully we see some good players sign and proper recruitment plan in place. 

The days when you could believe what a player tells you are long gone. They'll be staying until the second they get a better offer, then they're off.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's the problem - if we do bring along a promising young player like Lenihan we can't hold on to them long enough to get a decent fee for them. Somebody else a bit higher up the food chain will get the big bucks if they make the big time.

You can if there are tied into a contract & improving at the same time. There's nothing new with clubs becoming feeder clubs for clubs "higher up the food chain" that's how alot manage to survive. Most wait until the peak price then sell usually pre contract expiry combined with strong suggestions the player wants out & won't be extending his contract.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I think he said 'if'. Do you have an opinion of your own?

Yeah sadly football is irrelevant at our club. It's basically a game of how quickly can we get rid of the owners. You crack on though talking nonsense.

Just now, Speedie Dived said:

Yeah sadly football is irrelevant at our club. It's basically a game of how quickly can we get rid of the owners. You crack on though talking nonsense.

Just more insults really. If football is irrelevant why are you posturing on the football threads?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

All we can hope for with players like Lennihan is a good sell on clause because we will be offered peanuts.

Would also add that the players who 'committed' such as Graham and Conway will be the ones on good contracts in the twighlight of their career

Exactly, all that 'we're staying' stuff they apparently came out with after the Brentford game was because they wouldn't get contracts like they are on here anywhere else.

32 minutes ago, frosty said:

Probably won't happen, going from Pickford to Steele would be an enormous downgrade...

If steele  stays I can't see him been number one at start of the season. 

For me raya is a lot more confident and a better shot stopper. 

Pastures new await as I can't see him wanting to be number 2 at a league one club 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, I can't dampen your enthusiasm, it's admirable you see positives when there's very few around.

However you can't surely expect that Mowbray will receive good news from India can you? They've spent bugger all the last 5 transfer windows and seen the club slide down the league table to our lowest point for 37 years. There's no board of directors to provide any guidance for the club's future and the club's income with be vastly reduced from relegation. 

The days of spending on any talent have gone and we have been reliant on the academy to plug the gaps for at least the past 2 seasons (that's not a bad thing if they're ready to step up).

So chaddy, a question, do you expect that if Mowbray comes back from India next week, remains in charge and is given positive news, that the owners will back him up? Cos I can't see it.

1 hour ago, Irishrover213 said:

If steele  stays I can't see him been number one at start of the season. 

For me raya is a lot more confident and a better shot stopper. 

Pastures new await as I can't see him wanting to be number 2 at a league one club 

I'd argue he's a better keeper all round. I don't have much experience watching him on a regular basis, but he looks more confident, commanding of his area and some of his distribution at the Brentford game was very good.

I think Raya would do very well in League 1, provided he has a half decent defence to shield him (we can all dream).

Archived