SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Traviscon said:

Chaddy, I can't dampen your enthusiasm, it's admirable you see positives when there's very few around.

However you can't surely expect that Mowbray will receive good news from India can you? They've spent bugger all the last 5 transfer windows and seen the club slide down the league table to our lowest point for 37 years. There's no board of directors to provide any guidance for the club's future and the club's income with be vastly reduced from relegation. 

The days of spending on any talent have gone and we have been reliant on the academy to plug the gaps for at least the past 2 seasons (that's not a bad thing if they're ready to step up).

So chaddy, a question, do you expect that if Mowbray comes back from India next week, remains in charge and is given positive news, that the owners will back him up? Cos I can't see it.

Like I said yesterday I'm more of glass half full then half empty type of person. Plus after the last 6 months of my personal life I just keep positive and keep strong.

Mowbray staying would be good news and possibly signing a new contract would be good news. Also if he can bring his own staff in would be positive news.

All depends on what Mowbray wants transfer wise and money wise.

3 directors is joke and no CEO.

will the owners back him up? who knows as we know their poor track record but Mowbray going out there to meet them is good news as he is the last manager since Bowyer to do that.

2 hours ago, Irishrover213 said:

If steele  stays I can't see him been number one at start of the season. 

For me raya is a lot more confident and a better shot stopper. 

Pastures new await as I can't see him wanting to be number 2 at a league one club 

Steele will be gone IMO this summer .

1 hour ago, Traviscon said:

I'd argue he's a better keeper all round. I don't have much experience watching him on a regular basis, but he looks more confident, commanding of his area and some of his distribution at the Brentford game was very good.

I think Raya would do very well in League 1, provided he has a half decent defence to shield him (we can all dream).

Agree 100%

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do you mean by "send him back?" 

I think he means back to Namabia even he been here since High school age and is a UK citizen

Heard last week Big club wanting garry cook, nixon confirms today wigan want him.

He's the ex chief of the nike brand "jordan" and Man City chief, if he's happy to come down on 1.5 million what he was on at City i'd take him in a heartbeat.

16 hours ago, JAL said:

They've never done anything to date so it's a massive ask.

. Just don't see any benefits to English football from Ryan Nyambe.

Send him back !

What on Earth are you talking about? Biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen posted on here. He's a young lad and has been thrust into a team struggling to survive. He's done pretty well in my opinion.

Where do you propose to send him back too? He's a citizen here - he's been with Blackburn a number of years. He has come through our academy and is one of our own. I'd much rather him representing our club than you. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

What on Earth are you talking about? Biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen posted on here. He's a young lad and has been thrust into a team struggling to survive. He's done pretty well in my opinion.

Where do you propose to send him back too? He's a citizen here - he's been with Blackburn a number of years. He has come through our academy and is one of our own. I'd much rather him representing our club than you. 

Not exactly with JAL but Nyambe i think personally has been nothing short of awful.

Poor positionally, caught out frequently as a result, afraid to head a ball, sits and ponders on the half way line whether he should go back or venture forwards, no composure in the final third to cross/whip in a ball. 

He's a major weakness and allot get's hidden by his pace.

Like Lenihan, i said he was a bit meh yesterday and he is. 

No standout feature, another who is poor positionally and quite often not in the right place at the right time. Hasn't got a standout feature, hit and miss in the tackle, caught out under the ball when marking players, weak in the air. Not sure what his passing is like from his midfield days but he's proabably better in a more advanced role than centre half.

Look at it this way Ryan Manning (QPR), Smith & Billing (Hudders) Taylor (Leeds) and ex Leeds players Byram and Cook all played a similar level of games and get linked with 5 million plus moves away.

Only link I've seen is a PNE fan suggesting 500k. Why? Because quite simply they are not very good. 

2 hours ago, Traviscon said:

do you expect that if Mowbray comes back from India next week, remains in charge and is given positive news, that the owners will back him up? Cos I can't see it.

Surely he'll come back with the cream of the Indian Premier League ?

Or is it called big bash now?

• Backroom
5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Always tried his best, it was hardly ever good enough though

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Heard last week Big club wanting garry cook, nixon confirms today wigan want him.

He's the ex chief of the nike brand "jordan" and Man City chief, if he's happy to come down on 1.5 million what he was on at City i'd take him in a heartbeat.

Yeah, wasn't he the guy who slagged off onohuras dying mother?

Big ead 

Just now, Earlydoors said:

Yeah, wasn't he the guy who slagged off onohuras dying mother?

Big ead 

That's the one, i think it was internal emails to other colleagues and someone leaked them as opposed to directly at her.

5 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

some say venksters are leaving if they were why would TM be going to India

He's going with the begging bowl no doubt and the trip is probably at his insistence. No guarantee he'll get an audience when he gets there but he must be aiming for the queen becausd he could just nip to London to see fat Baz. 

Then again Dumb and dumber are supposed to be the onex with controlling interest in the club these days.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said yesterday I'm more of glass half full then half empty type of person. Plus after the last 6 months of my personal life I just keep positive and  stay strong

mate....you could have won the lottery last week, but the fact remains that you have a strange viewpoint....like groundhog day... we are being drained completely of life as a club and people like you just walk on like lemmings....

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

No surprises there , those two are both too good for League 1. Makes a nonsense of the numpty's on here who said it didn't matter if we went down or not. We're seeing now why it matters.

Why does that matter? We had them this season, we were crap and got relegated. We won't have them next season, we will again be crap (and possibly relegated again, who knows).

Not many differences there, certainly with regard to this topic.

19 hours ago, Butty said:

You on the wind-up again JAL? He's a young lad and has done nothing to deserve such criticism. He's not great but he got better with every game he played. You've said similar things about him before, how you can constantly slate a young kid trying too make it in the game is beyond me. I think if I went for a beer with you and Chaddy I'd be throwing myself into a canal by the end of the night. Pessimist with a screw loose and a "glass half full" optimist loony. No Thankyou. :lol: 

Can't help but call it as it is I'm afraid, maybe granted not in the best fashion, but hey ho!

Keep the faith but don't get drawn in butty ?

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Not exactly with JAL but Nyambe i think personally has been nothing short of awful.

Poor positionally, caught out frequently as a result, afraid to head a ball, sits and ponders on the half way line whether he should go back or venture forwards, no composure in the final third to cross/whip in a ball. 

He's a major weakness and allot get's hidden by his pace.

Like Lenihan, i said he was a bit meh yesterday and he is. 

No standout feature, another who is poor positionally and quite often not in the right place at the right time. Hasn't got a standout feature, hit and miss in the tackle, caught out under the ball when marking players, weak in the air. Not sure what his passing is like from his midfield days but he's proabably better in a more advanced role than centre half.

Look at it this way Ryan Manning (QPR), Smith & Billing (Hudders) Taylor (Leeds) and ex Leeds players Byram and Cook all played a similar level of games and get linked with 5 million plus moves away.

Only link I've seen is a PNE fan suggesting 500k. Why? Because quite simply they are not very good. 

I think it's too early to call any judgements on him just yet. He got caught out at Preston if I remember rightly but other than that think he's had some fairly good games for a young lad. I hope he can progress on and prove to be a good player.

Comparing him to the likes of the other players is rather unfair. Taylor has had over 100 apps, Billing has had a full season in a very good team drilled by a very good manager/Smith has had over 100apps and Byram had a number of years prior to his move as did Cook. The only fair comparison is Manning and honestly even that is a bit early for the price tag you've mentioned, if that's accurate.

Give the lad time. 

I like Nyambe and I've posted support for him on here from the day I signed up. Yes he is a bit headless at times, and he isn't perfect, but as others have said, give him his chance.

Although they played well together in the U23's, the tactics were so centred around getting the ball to Mahoney in the first team, that I feel Nyambe wasn't able to show his attacking skills to gain enough fan backing. Before Mahoney made it in the first team, RN created a lot of pressure on the left wing and left back of the opponents and made plenty of crosses. Ok, so attacking doesn't stop goals going in your own net if your messing up and letting the other team score, but I just think he needs more time. If he stays and doesn't improve then fine, I'm wrong, but im standing by him.

I didn't watch the last three games of the season, but noticed he actually played in a right wing position while we played 3 at the back. Wonder if that's purely to suit the particular formation Mowbary was using, or was he maybe thinking he's a useful winger generally?

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said yesterday I'm more of glass half full then half empty type of person. Plus after the last 6 months of my personal life I just keep positive and keep strong.

Mowbray staying would be good news and possibly signing a new contract would be good news. Also if he can bring his own staff in would be positive news.

All depends on what Mowbray wants transfer wise and money wise.

3 directors is joke and no CEO.

will the owners back him up? who knows as we know their poor track record but Mowbray going out there to meet them is good news as he is the last manager since Bowyer to do that.

Steele will be gone IMO this summer .

Agree 100%

I think he means back to Namabia even he been here since High school age and is a UK citizen

So its all good news then?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I'm sure Nyambe will be fine in League 1.

One of the reasons why we've dropped is putting these lads in... Simply not good enough.

plummet further until they are is a flawed approach 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Of course, filling the side with young lads for a possible re-sale is seemingly still their strategy.

An insolvent version of Crewe here we come...

Meet Kyle Connell who has a bright re-sale future, alledgedly

download.jpg.1fc39b6fc5e104ba5156c74cad76a34f.jpg

Just now, duggy9197 said:

tough to blame the young ones.the major reason for relagation was the appointment of Coyle.we lost a fifth of the games under TM and the young uns played.

True with Coyle but fact is we were down there. Nyambe Lenihan haven't been good enough, think Lenihan should play as a sitter myself and see how he gets on. Loan nyambe out and bring someone capably experienced in at right back

Archived