BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Dunnfc said:

One of the reasons why we've dropped is putting these lads in... Simply not good enough.

plummet further until they are is a flawed approach 

Really???

Look how Raya and Nyambe played under Mowbray? Playing in a proper structure formation and style. 

I would be looking for Wharton and Tomlinson to be in the main squad this coming season. 

Under Coyle, we were awful structurly. 

We went down because under Coyle we lost to many games. And should have been fired sooner

If we had Mowbray for a full season we would finish top 10 with that squad. Thats why I kept saying squad was good enough for top 10 under a proper manager

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

True with Coyle but fact is we were down there. Nyambe Lenihan haven't been good enough, think Lenihan should play as a sitter myself and see how he gets on. Loan nyambe out and bring someone capably experienced in at right back

Lenihan has had good season with few mistakes. But you expect that from a young player. Did well as part of a 3 man defence

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I would totally disagree that Lenihan wasn't good enough. I would say the often dreadful perofrmances of Greer, Brown and Hoban were more the issue at centre half.

I don't think brown not Greer should ever have been near this club. Hoban has the attributes to be a good player but your correct he wasn't showing anything

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I would totally disagree that Lenihan wasn't good enough. I would say the often dreadful perofrmances of Greer, Brown and Hoban were more the issue at centre half.

Brown and greer were finished when we signed them 

Brown had no pace and was exploited time & time again.

Both signed under clown coyle 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Really???

Look how Raya and Nyambe played under Mowbray? Playing in a proper structure formation and style. 

I would be looking for Wharton and Tomlinson to be in the main squad this coming season. 

Under Coyle, we were awful structurly. 

We went down because under Coyle we lost to many games. And should have been fired sooner

If we had Mowbray for a full season we would finish top 10 with that squad. Thats why I kept saying squad was good enough for top 10 under a proper manager

Nope sorry nyambe has been awful. Raya surprised me and was good in the last few games, potentially a gem worry I have with his is his confidence, a bad game has he got it in his locker to recover and bounce back from one

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nope sorry nyambe has been awful. Raya surprised me and was good in the last few games, potentially a gem worry I have with his is his confidence, a bad game has he got it in his locker to recover and bounce back from one

Well Ive seen Nyambe in most games he played in. Far from Awful. Had plenty of good games and moments. But need to play under a proper manager

Just now, Dunnfc said:

True with Coyle but fact is we were down there. Nyambe Lenihan haven't been good enough, think Lenihan should play as a sitter myself and see how he gets on. Loan nyambe out and bring someone capably experienced in at right back

In the games I saw Lenihan was one of the better players and Nyambe not too far behind him. It's really harsh to apportion any blame for our struggle on them when there are so many things wrong at the club. If the owners, board and Coyle had performed in their roles as well as them two we wouldn't be in the mess we are.

Well Ive seen Nyambe in most games he played in. Far from Awful. Had plenty of good games and moments. But need to play under a proper manager

He hasn't mate, take the glasses off. Can't tackle can't head can't cross, positionally naive and looks like he's got the mental strength of a hybrid between Susan Boyle crossed with Cheston 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Nyambe thoroughly deserved his young player of the season award and looked impressive once he made the breakthrough into the senior team.  He's far from the finished article but the potential is there.  Yes he made mistakes, I remember the likes of Mike England making mistakes - a classic own goal from virtually the half-way line I seem to recall on one occasion - because all young players make mistakes and learn from the experience.  Nyambe and Raya are the future of this club along with the likes of Tomlinson, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Wharton, Platt, and Doyle, irrespective of who owns us.  Hopefully we can hang on to Lenihan but I suspect that there will be clubs in the Championship who will want to sign him.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He hasn't mate, take the glasses off. Can't tackle can't head can't cross, positionally naive and looks like he's got the mental strength of a hybrid between Susan Boyle crossed with Cheston 

The typical comment there when Ive seen most of games this season he played is take the glasses off. 

He is young but has huge potential and under Mowbray he will only get better. 

Lets blame the young ones for relegation when it was Coyle to blame for it and his lack of tactical ability to set the side up properly for every game

Look at ParsonBlue's comment above. Spot on there 100%

14 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

You have said this about Lenihan before I disagree.I thought Lenihan was one of our best players last season and really grew into a decent centre half.I definitely see championship clubs being interested in him.

Nyambe was ok last season.I agree with you that he needs to work on his positional play.At the end of the day he is a young lad who was thrown into a poor side,we shouldn't be expecting him to be Cafu.He definitely has all the attributes to make it as a quality championship player.

The typical comment there when Ive seen most of games this season he played is take the glasses off. 

Lets blame the young ones for relegation when it was Coyle to blame for it and his lack of tactical ability to set the side up properly for every game

Whoever employed Coyle put us in the bottom 3 before a ball was kicked....

Who that person is ? Is open to conjecture !

Can't comment on the glasses quip but not meant in a true derogatory manner.

if nyambe has this potential that I can't see then he shouldn't be put out to pasture in a rovers 11 to learn, send him on loan 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Knocking Nyambe when its first full season. Evidently some of you can't be happy with us producing an academy product. Surely you should be proud we're creating this youth. Yes we might be selling but at least we have the youth. Without that we are absolutely nothing. 

Proud of creating talent isn't an issue its when players don't posses it when it becomes an issue

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Can't comment on the glasses quip but not meant in a true derogatory manner.

if nyambe has this potential that I can't see then he shouldn't be put out to pasture in a rovers 11 to learn, send him on loan 

Only going to learn by playing and that should be here. 

You cant see? Maybe cos you dont want to see it but yet again lets blame 1 player when it was the manager(Coyle) to blame cos of him we gone down

You cant see? Maybe cos you dont want to see it but yet again lets blame 1 player when it was the manager(Coyle) to blame cos of him we gone down

The blame for relegation lies with Venkys anyone else is just a cog in the venkys wheel 

• Backroom

Poor management, a lack of quality in the squad and over-reliance on youth prospects has taken us to where we are now. It got us relegated from the PL and the same cycle repeated for the Championship, albeit in a slightly longer timeframe. Nothing to be proud of yet I'm afraid. 

@#/?. He's not good enough and this club shouldn't have to keep dropping lower so these "starlets" can have a go and look ok. Get him out on loan and let's get an experienced head in whom knows what to actually do at full back.

see what chaddy? He was out his depth last year! Can't cross can't tackle can't head, suspect positionally and afraid when he's got the ball in the final third or am I missing something!?

@#/? me they are pre requisite attributes for any full back at any level

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

That post is quite cruel and unfair to Susan Boyle on several levels the least of which is mentioning her connected with Chrston.

Just now, DE. said:

Poor management, a lack of quality in the squad and over-reliance on youth prospects has taken us to where we are now. It got us relegated from the PL and the same cycle repeated for the Championship, albeit in a slightly longer timeframe. Nothing to be proud of yet I'm afraid. 

Couldn't agree more

Just now, Dunnfc said:

@#/?. He's not good enough and this club shouldn't have to keep dropping lower so these "starlets" can have a go and look ok. Get him out on loan and let's get an experienced head in whom knows what to actually do at full back.

see what chaddy? He was out his depth last year! Can't cross can't tackle can't head, suspect positionally and afraid when he's got the ball in the final third or am I missing something!?

@#/? me they are pre requisite attributes for any full back at any level

And I fed up of people keep putting Nyambe down cos he has done well since coming into the 1st team. 

But lets just moan and whinge about him.

We need at least 8 to 10 new players. 

A keeper to challenge Raya for number 1 shirt

3 centre midfielders

1 pacey winger

3 strikers

Plus a centre half or 2 if Mulgrew or Lenihan or both do leave.

Also expect Stokes and Steele to leave

Archived