BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And I fed up of people keep putting Nyambe down cos he has done well since coming into the 1st team. 

But lets just moan and whinge about him.

We need at least 8 to 10 new players. 

A keeper to challenge Raya for number 1 shirt

3 centre midfielders

1 pacey winger

3 strikers

Plus a centre half or 2 if Mulgrew or Lenihan or both do leave.

Also expect Stokes and Steele to leave

Chadds what's he good at bar athletics?

no point having two no1 keepers in the current climate we are essentially wasting a wage there imo 

two strikers and pretty much agree but as you know a RB would be on my list

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst i cant comment on Nyambe this season as i havent watched Rovers, not even on tv, I struggled to see what everyone saw in him when watching him the previous season even in youth matches. He certainly didnt look an outstanding prospect not even a very good one. Im prepared to accept hes improved and matured a bit this year but enough to cement a place in our first team? I doubt it.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

no point having two no1 keepers in the current climate we are essentially wasting a wage there imo 

two strikers and pretty much agree but as you know a RB would be on my list

An experience keeper would be my choice as number 2 like Jon Mclaughlin. Ex Burton keeper. Free transfer. 1.5 k wage a week

Why only 2 strikers when we only have Danny Graham..

I would look at Adam Le Fondre as a striker option. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

An experience keeper would be my choice as number 2 like Jon Mclaughlin. Ex Burton keeper. Free transfer. 1.5 k wage a week

Why only 2 strikers when we only have Danny Graham..

I would look at Adam Le Fondre as a striker option. 

Got Stokes too, le fondre loan if we can isn't a bad shout. Need a Jason Roberts type, shame Bogle is at Wigan now.

so what are Nyambes best traits chaddy?

Got to remember the real reason most of these lads are getting blooded and that's more to do with us being down to the bare bones rather than them being ready and full of potential quality.

There's a marked difference here now from when the likes of Hanley stepped up.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Got Stokes too, le fondre loan if we can isn't a bad shout. Need a Jason Roberts type, shame Bogle is at Wigan now.

so what are Nyambes best traits chaddy?

Stokes off to Hibs. 

Le Fondre is out of contract this summer actually.

Also look Chris Mcguire from Oxford. Out of contract. Can play wide/number 10 role

Nyambe has pace, heading of the ball, get forward, positionally is decent. But he has time to improve all of skills this summer. 

Expect Wharton to be a regular this season if Mulgrew does leave

Just now, gumboots said:

Whilst i cant comment on Nyambe this season as i havent watched Rovers, not even on tv, I struggled to see what everyone saw in him when watching him the previous season even in youth matches. He certainly didnt look an outstanding prospect not even a very good one. Im prepared to accept hes improved and matured a bit this year but enough to cement a place in our first team? I doubt it.

He's come on leaps and bounds this season.  I must admit that last season I thought he had gone backwards but suddenly he found a new lease of life with the Under-23's and has really taken his chance this season.  Still a lot to learn, but he has every chance of becoming a really good player for the club.  Sadly, it appears that the attitude to the youngsters is getting caught up in the general negativity that surrounds the ownership of the club. 

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Got to remember the real reason most of these lads are getting blooded and that's more to do with us being down to the bare bones rather than them being ready and full of potential quality.

There's a marked difference here now from when the likes of Hanley stepped up.

Hmm, not really. Hanley stepped up because we sold Phil Jones, took until the end of August to get a replacement in Scott Dann, and Samba, Nelsen and Givet were constantly getting injured. Then when Samba and Nelsen were sold in January/February we had no choice but to put Grant in the team.

We actually started the first game of the 2011/12 season with 19 year-old Hanley and Steven N'Zonzi as our centre-back -partnership! Only for the opening match but we were very much in the same position even back then. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

He's come on leaps and bounds this season.  I must admit that last season I thought he had gone backwards but suddenly he found a new lease of life with the Under-23's and has really taken his chance this season.  Still a lot to learn, but he has every chance of becoming a really good player for the club.  Sadly, it appears that the attitude to the youngsters is getting caught up in the general negativity that surrounds the ownership of the club. 

It's not parson lets get that straight. I'd like youth to come through but how can you say that about nyambe? Lad is dross

whats he good at PB because bar pace in missing something.

He's come on leaps and bounds this season.  I must admit that last season I thought he had gone backwards but suddenly he found a new lease of life with the Under-23's and has really taken his chance this season.  Still a lot to learn, but he has ever chance of becoming a really good player for the club.  Sadly, it appears that the attitude to the youngsters is getting caught up in the general negativity that surrounds the ownership of the club. 

Nail on the head. It isn't just the youngsters either, all players at the club ,bar maybe Mulgrew and Lenihan, get it. It has been the same ever since Venkys took over. 

For those who say the atmosphere at a club doesn't matter

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10888087/hostile-atmosphere-at-the-emirates-stadium-didnt-help-arsenal-says-arsene-wenger 

How long do you think it will take for him to learn to get the ball under control with his first touch?

He looks cumbersome in possession, maybe he can get away with it in L1.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nail on the head. It isn't just the youngsters either, all players at the club ,bar maybe Mulgrew and Lenihan, get it. It has been the same ever since Venkys took over. 

In fairness, that's generally what happens when a squad is consistently downgraded year after year. People make comparisons to previous players and are disappointed the new players don't meet the same standards. Perfectly natural for any fan who has ambition for their club. Who would be happy to see worse players coming in every six months or so, replacing better ones? 

Just now, duggy9197 said:

step forward Ryan Nayambe the new scapgoat,how long since Lowe left.?some rovers fans need to look at them selves,the days of May Berg Oojer Salgado have gone.

@#/?... Different in being a scapegoat and just crap.

lars Jacobsen wasnt great at full back certainly no Lucas Neill but you need to be able to tackle, to cross, position yourself etc in able to play there, he can't do any!

fact Mowbray had to go 3 at the back is probably because Lenihan and co spent more time bailing nyambe out after he was caught watching from half way over and over again

Young players are on a learning curve.  They don't come into the team as the ready made article.  Every young player I've seen come into the team since the days of Pickering, England and Newton have all been prone to mistakes.  Like it or not these youngsters are our future and personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop next season.  Not all will make it but from what I've seen so far they are prepared to put the effort, work and commitment into trying to do the best they can for the club and that's all I ask of any player.

step forward Ryan Nayambe the new scapgoat,how long since Lowe left.?some rovers fans need to look at them selves,the days of May Berg Oojer Salgado have gone.

So a couple of fans criticising a player skill level makes him a scapegoat?

Are you another drama queen?

Just now, DE. said:

In fairness, that's generally what happens when a squad is consistently downgraded year after year. People make comparisons to previous players and are disappointed the new players don't meet the same standards. Perfectly natural for any fan who has ambition for their club. Who would be happy to see worse players coming in every six months or so, replacing better ones? 

It isn't the players fault. Criticizing and booing them only compounds the issue 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It isn't the players fault. Criticizing and booing them only compounds the issue 

I agree that it doesn't help at the match, but Ewood has no atmosphere these days anyway so that's irrelevant. Nothing wrong with putting honest opinions on players on a message board though. 

Just now, AggyBlue said:

So a couple of fans criticising a player skill level makes him a scapegoat?

Are you another drama queen?

i am a ladyboy does that qualify me.Nayambe gets unfair critisim as far as im concerned,but ive only seen the Brentford game live on tv.he was not brilliant but nowhere near the worst rover.

wow I forgot about lucash he deserved a mention.just carry on with your legal joust with venkys dunnfc because your losing on everyfront in this topic.

I will pal but tbf not one poster can adequately single out any features of nyambe what he does well despite the numerous posts which I guess says allot.

Nayambe gets unfair critisim as far as im concerned,but ive only seen the Brentford game live on tv.he was not brilliant but nowhere near the worst rover.

I disagree but I only see every game.

Archived