BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It isn't the players fault. Criticizing and booing them only compounds the issue 

No body boos or says anything at Ewood these days sadly.

critiquing on a mb is surely fine! In any case if he's old enough to take a wage and play 30 odd games this year then he's old enough to accept criticism 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

Young players are on a learning curve.  They don't come into the team as the ready made article.  Every young player I've seen come into the team since the days of Pickering, England and Newton have all been prone to mistakes.  Like it or not these youngsters are our future and personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop next season.  Not all will make it but from what I've seen so far they are prepared to put the effort, work and commitment into trying to do the best they can for the club and that's all I ask of any player.

It is a leaning curve for fans too. At one point the likes of Nyambe would be learning their trade out of sight on loan at a club lower down the football foodchain- we are now that club.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

No body boos or says anything at Ewood these days sadly.

critiquing on a mb is surely fine! In any case if he's old enough to take a wage and play 30 odd games this year then he's old enough to accept criticism 

in Nyambes case he was thrown in this season, maybe he isn't ready. The reason he was in was probably because of his size and athletic attributes. Thats where we are at with player selection these days. Young players need time, we can't expect him to be Salgado. 

well I thought he had pace,poor ball ⚽ control but never gave up.I remember Jason Wilcoxs debut at ewood,he put his 1st 3 crosses in the Darwen End.My mate was going mad,I said he beat his man 3 times crossing is the easy part.Ryan will come good.

Just now, AggyBlue said:

I disagree but I only see every game.

So do I and I totally disagree with your view on Nyambe, but that's football - a game of opinions.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I will pal but tbf not one poster can adequately single out any features of nyambe what he does well despite the numerous posts which I guess says allot.

He has pace and power.  Strong in the tackle and decent positional sense.  Needs to improve his heading and distribution - both of which are better now than when he first got into the team.  He will learn under Mowbray just as Hanley improved once Big Sam got hold of him.

Just now, duggy9197 said:

well I thought he had pace,poor ball ⚽ control but never gave up.I remember Jason Wilcoxs debut at ewood,he put his 1st 3 crosses in the Darwen End.My mate was going mad,I said he beat his man 3 times crossing is the easy part.Ryan will come good.

Come good... Maybe. But it shouldn't be at the expense of the club having to continually struggle to see him get a chance too, farm him out. Send him to someone so he's far from home and has to cope with life. Get him out the Ewood blanket.

will come good, so your essentially agreeing he's not good enough to be playing which is in a roundabout way what I've been saying!

happy Monday haha!

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It is a leaning curve for fans too. At one point the likes of Nyambe would be learning their trade out of sight on loan at a club lower down the football foodchain- we are now that club.

Young players always developed at their own club - either in the reserves or senior team.  Nobody sent out the likes of Newton, England, Pickering, Bailey, Hird, Barker, Faz etc. out on loan.  They learnt at the club by making mistakes and improving.

So do I and I totally disagree with your view on Nyambe, but that's football - a game of opinions.

If you think he has a good first touch then I can't value your opinion, his first touch is awful.

Young players always developed at their own club - either in the reserves or senior team.  Nobody sent out the likes of Newton, England, Pickering, Bailey, Hird, Barker, Faz etc. out on loan.  They learnt at the club by making mistakes and improving.

But they used to play reserve leagues with first team ers recovering from injury or short of match fitness. Those games have now gone so you either play with the u23s or the kids or you're in the first team. The fact that we have so many unready kids coming into our first team is not a good thing. Kids have always been brought through when they were ready or there was an unforeseen emergency, not as a matter of course because we haven't addressed the lack of players in their position for years. How long have we all been saying that full back is one of our problem positions?

If we had stayed up I would have said we need to strengthen in that position as perhaps Nyambe wasn't quite ready for a starting position in the Championship, however we have gotten relegated he is strong and fit with good pace. I think if TM stays I think he will improve him further and he can do a good job in L1 where their is quite a difference in standard and TM will/has a better defencive structure. I will admit he wasn't good enough for a starting spot in the championship but he has good experience under his belt after the season gone and hopefully he can take that on into L1 and be a more dominant player

Discussing players on a football message board? That'll never do, will it.

apart from that, if people can't say what they think - about anything - how are the fans who read, yet don't/can't go supposed to get a balanced version?

2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Come good... Maybe. But it shouldn't be at the expense of the club having to continually struggle to see him get a chance too, farm him out. Send him to someone so he's far from home and has to cope with life. Get him out the Ewood blanket.

will come good, so your essentially agreeing he's not good enough to be playing which is in a roundabout way what I've been saying!

happy Monday haha!

And replace him with who Dunnfc? What the bloody hell is this Ewood blanket about too? Surely a young player is better developing in a place in which he feels comfortable. Great man management by you - send a 17 year old somewhere he isn't comfortable and make him just 'cope with life'. Yep, that will work. Whilst we are at it can he swim? Let's drop him in the middle of the English channel on his way to the Russian second league and make him swim to France...he's been in this land blanket too long.

Nonsense talk. I'm sorry you need to take a step back and rid yourself of your Nyambe hatred and think about things logically. He's happy here, he's breaking into the team and he has a manager with a great defensive mind in a league that we have a good chance of doing well in. This is as perfect an opportunity as the young boy is going to get and I hope he's fully supported through his development.

Just now, den said:

Discussing players on a football message board? That'll never do, will it.

apart from that, if people can't say what they think - about anything - how are the fans who read, yet don't/can't go supposed to get a balanced version?

Please stop ✋ talking sense.

37 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

He's come on leaps and bounds this season.  I must admit that last season I thought he had gone backwards but suddenly he found a new lease of life with the Under-23's and has really taken his chance this season.  Still a lot to learn, but he has every chance of becoming a really good player for the club.  Sadly, it appears that the attitude to the youngsters is getting caught up in the general negativity that surrounds the ownership of the club. 

I agree that Nyambe has every chance to become a good play at Rovers but sadly some people have already made him the new scapegoat for next season?

The performance of the under 23's have been overall very good but still some poor performances

34 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

19 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

fact Mowbray had to go 3 at the back is probably because Lenihan and co spent more time bailing nyambe out after he was caught watching from half way over and over again

Clearly you haven't listened to why Mowbray went to 3 at the back.

He thinks Ward cant play in 2 man centre defence so he changed it to a 3 man defence and also down to conceded far too goals.

The formation changed against Forest away and when Ward came into the team

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Young players are on a learning curve.  They don't come into the team as the ready made article.  Every young player I've seen come into the team since the days of Pickering, England and Newton have all been prone to mistakes.  Like it or not these youngsters are our future and personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop next season.  Not all will make it but from what I've seen so far they are prepared to put the effort, work and commitment into trying to do the best they can for the club and that's all I ask of any player.

Exactly. some players develop quickly then others.

I hope that Tomlinson and Wharton develop under Mowbray as they are the next 2 in line for the first time

10 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I will pal but tbf not one poster can adequately single out any features of nyambe what he does well despite the numerous posts which I guess says allot.

Well I did tell you his features but as per usual you just ignore it

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Hmm, not really. Hanley stepped up because we sold Phil Jones, took until the end of August to get a replacement in Scott Dann, and Samba, Nelsen and Givet were constantly getting injured. Then when Samba and Nelsen were sold in January/February we had no choice but to put Grant in the team.

We actually started the first game of the 2011/12 season with 19 year-old Hanley and Steven N'Zonzi as our centre-back -partnership! Only for the opening match but we were very much in the same position even back then. 

He was physically ready though but yes i suppose the asset stripping plan was firmly taking place from dastardly and mutley then but as you said they got Dann in ( another odd deal surronded by lies ) . This time there'll be no replacements if any young guys are struggling so it is a very different scenario.

38 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Not in the modern day top flight- unless you are finished article like Man Utd's mid 90s crop or a Wayne Rooney

From Jermian Defoe at Bournemouth to Harry Kane at Milwall, many a young lad learnt his trade on loan.

Obviously a different world for 2017 BRFC.

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

He was physically ready though but yes i suppose the asset stripping plan was firmly taking place from dastardly and mutley then but as you said they got Dann in ( another odd deal surronded by lies ) . This time there'll be no replacements if any young guys are struggling so it is a very different scenario.

Dann is a weird one. The player himself said he was contacted at the last minute and we did the deal with literally about 30 minutes left on deadline day. Had it not been for this sudden interest (and who knows why we were suddenly interested in him?) we would have gone into the season with Jones having not been replaced - and keep in mind Jones was sold in June. 

Archived