BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

12 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Henley could bloody tackle for a start, could cross a ball and generally wasn't bad with his positioning when bursting onto the scene at first before regressing. MOM against Liverpool was it followed by a cracking effort at Utd under Kean. I must have missed Nyambe producing similar? By the way he's going on 20 not 17, Henley was 17 when he first burst onto the stage. He's also played around 30 games as a professional player.

What's wrong with Rangers? Footballing brain, as opposed to what, I'm a fan with an opinion just like you are.

I think your taking my comments to the extreme comparing some backwards African country to migrating to the UK. I was discussing the opportunity to play at a level he can actually impress at as opposed to being out his depth in the Championship like last season. It's about getting away from your friends, training with new squads at different parts of the country for example similar experience would have helped Henley initially prepare himself for life as a player, unfortunately it didn't happen, he regressed because he never got to learn at the right level and work his way up.

He might one day be a valuable player, I doubt it personally but he might do but the first 11 in Blackburn especially last year wasn't the place to learn.

You are judging Henley on a few performances from years ago. Since then he barely impressed and probably had a handful of good games in years. 17, 18 or 19 however old Nyambe is it is still too young to be judging him in the way you are. You are throwing the kitchen sink at the lad when he has had some worthy performances.

No. Now you are ever-so-slightly backtracking on your comments. You said, and I quote, "send him to someone so he's far from home and has to cope with life". Truth about it is he has already moved quite far from home and judging by his ability to break through into the squad he has proven himself more than capable to adapt - UK culture is very different to what he grown up in. Shipping the lad off down to Plymouth now, with the sole aim of getting him 'away from his friends' is hardly going to further develop him when he's already effectively moved around the world once.

He did adequately in the Championship. In League 1 he can impress at and we are currently at that level. Loaning him out now with the bizarre reasoning you've given will do the young lad more harm than good. I think it's another nonsense statement for you to say Henley would have suddenly developed into a world beater had he been loaned out...on what evidence do you even base that on? He had game time at a high level with Blackburn Rovers and trained at some great facilities. Henley came to the level he is it at because of his ability. You are looking back on him with nostalgia because of a few good early performances. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Dann he did have the amazing ability to jump and duck his head at the same time.....especially on crosses coming in at pace.

6'5'' standing 5'5" jumping 

He was also good at pointing and blaming someone else usually a CB or keeper

Dann, Cairney, N'Zonzi, King, Kalanic and a couple of others who escape my tired mind have broken the mold in terms of it being rare for Rovers players to excel after leaving. A lot of it may be down to poor management and coaching, alongside having to perform in a circus environment.  Although I don't see major ability, Lowe will get snapped up by someone and may possibly perform much better elsewhere.  Every manager here has praised him, as has each man in charge of the youth set-up and England U21s.  I wish him well because this has been the strangest and most soul-destroying time imaginable to play for Rovers.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

"Pink fluffy rabbits" have you heard yourself? You are spouting nonsense. What is your obsession with sending some 17 year old as far away as possible 'to learn'? Whatever your role is it might be beneficial having those young lads going up and down the country week in week out (although I hazard a guess if you ask them whether they'd prefer to be at home, in one place, most would say yes) but it may not be in Nyambe's best interests. This is why you are in your business and not the football business. Stop talking like him suddenly spending a season in some far off city is going to suddenly develop him into this better footballer. For the final time - it's nonsense talk.

Henley didn't have twice the ability. Henley deceived to flatter. I'm starting to get a measure on your footballing brain with comments like that coupled with the "well I am a Rangers fan too and we didn't......". Awful.

Nyambe has came into the worst squad we have had in years. As a 17 year old boy he has done reasonably. His naivety has let him down on occasion, as does any young players, but given time and the right mentoring he can prove himself to be a very valuable player at Blackburn. Sending him on the next train to the furthest possible place to 'experience new culture' is beyond stupid. The lad was born in Africa........he moved to Manchester as a teenager........he's now at Blackburn. I'd say learning the differences in culture between Africa and the UK was a lot more rewarding than the difference between Blackburn and Plymouth. Think before writing frantically - it's embarrassing. 

Ryan Nyambe ADDED to the worst squad in years.

The brutal truth. 

Bring on Scott Wharton a real Rover not a fake one !

Just now, JAL said:

Ryan Nyambe ADDED to the worst squad in years.

The brutal truth. 

Bring on Scott Wharton a real Rover not a fake one !

You do talk some rubbish Jal.  Ryan not the right nationality for you?  You seem to dislike those from abroad for some reason. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

You do talk some rubbish Jal.  Ryan not the right nationality for you?  You seem to dislike those from abroad for some reason. 

The old ruling of having International caps and playing currently at that level should be brought back in to save our national game !

Can you put a video of Preston's first goal scored at Ewood then we can discuss your point of view on Nyambe.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I suggest you get back to the agent work instead of winding us up on here. It is a slow month for your agency?

Another dig at JAL Chaddy. That's 4 in 4 days I think.

If every time you posted I reminded you about when you lied on here last summer, whether it was relevant or not, I'd be getting accused of bullying.

Back to Nyambe, are people saying that we cannot criticise a player on a message board who we do not think is good enough if he is home grown? 

I would say 90% of players who leave go on to do better, long gone are the days were they struggle at other clubs, josh Morris would be our best player by a country mile probably the best in our league. 

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Another dig at JAL Chaddy. That's 4 in 4 days I think.

No dig at all. 

Just reminding that he is agent who is very unhappy about his agency not getting his clients in here. 

Always mentions Agents and Nyambe performance

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No dig at all. 

Just reminding that he is agent who is very unhappy about his agency not getting his clients in here. 

Always mentions Agents and Nyambe performance

Jals not an agent chaddy

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nixon reckons Mahoney offered round........... Some time so given six weeks ago senior confirmed he wanted to keep and Mowbray had him in the office every other day .... 

image.png

That's Chaddy, isn't it? 

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm pretty sure he's a Rovers fan forever.

Is it? He did say about mulgrew earlier tbf, don't recall out on Mahoney though.

Waiting for Chezza Cheston to tell us all Mahoney (Hoilett, Marshall, Duffy, insert) are desperate to sign any day now.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Offering round a soon to be out of contract young player, presumably for the tribunal compo?

Sounds about right for the insolvent version of Crewe.

I think Nixon means he is being offered around by his Agent not that rovers are offering him around.

Just now, Stuart said:

That's Chaddy, isn't it? 

Just go back and look at all Nixon's tweets and replies on Rovers (if you can stomach it).  If roversfan4ever appears to reply to every single tweet and is hanging on Nicko's every word, then it's likely him.

Just now, islander200 said:

I think Nixon means he is being offered around by his Agent not that rovers are offering him around.

Could well be to be honest. 

Makes it all the more frustrating why we didn't get him signed up last summer but we know with Hoiellett, Duffy and Marsh the story.

48 minutes ago, mustard said:

Just go back and look at all Nixon's tweets and replies on Rovers (if you can stomach it).  If roversfan4ever appears to reply to every single tweet and is hanging on Nicko's every word, then it's likely him.

That is Chaddy's Twitter and yes you're absolutely right :lol::lol: 

Archived