BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need around 10/11 players in this summer.

1 keeper

1 pacey winger

3 centre midfielders

3 strikers(possibly 2 strikers and 1 number 10)

1 full back who can play either position

1 centre back possible 2 if both Mulgrew and Lenihan do leave

That's an awful lot of free transfers willing to play for £1k a week to find ....

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DE. said:

At the very least, we won't have to endure the indignity of Jason Lowe as captain this season. 

True.

Our central midfield has been a shambles for years. 

Really hope Mowbray gets it sorted. He needs to bring in 2-3, I just don't want similar dross/type of players we just let go in Lowe/Akpan.

That means he needs to have money to spend, then I woke up.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

we need 2 full/wing backs, first choice ones.

Nyambe and Williams are fine and good enough

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I dont agree Chaddy, we dont need 11 players.

Rovers have 15 contracted players. If we can keep that lot together then we only need a squad of around 23, a fit squad with that group and with the right additions, will walk the league like Sheff Utd did.

We don't need a massive squad we need a tight, fit outfit with a central captain who can guide the team on the pitch.

Leadership is a quality that is needed on the pitch, get that bit right and we are off to a good start. I would go for Mulgrew as the captain.

Expect Stokes, Steele and Feeney to leave

Mulgrew and Lenihan could go 

So thats why I said 11 signings

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Second line contact Dave Sheron for further information if not him then Simon Conning.

What evidence have you got that their Mowbray's agent?

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

That's an awful lot of free transfers willing to play for £1k a week to find ....

All down to what transfer and wage budget available? 

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC71 said:

Yep, can't you just sense the queue forming around Ewood right now? We will be lucky to start the new season with enough players to fill the bench.

Venkys out - backwards stawt.

6 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Guessing Mowbray will be playing 3 at the back so assuming no one contracted leaves we'll need; 1/2 centre halves, 1 right wing back, 1 left wing back, 2/3 central midfielders (depending on Evans), 1 winger, 1/2 strikers.

My team would look something like:

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew

New(Nyambe) New New Williams(New)

New                 Bennett

Graham(New)

Scrap Lenihan and Mulgrew and substitue "new" and "new"!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe and Williams are fine and good enough

Expect Stokes, Steele and Feeney to leave

Mulgrew and Lenihan could go 

So thats why I said 11 signings

What evidence have you got that their Mowbray's agent?

All down to what transfer and wage budget available? 

Yes it's all down to what transfer and wage budget is available Chaddy but how have you not realised yet, there is NO MONEY. WE ARE SKINT. WAKE THE F UP. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

He is a lad and he is called Callum Cramps. That's all we have so far.

He's also not coming anywhere near Ewood if there's a fee over £4.36 involved.

His name is CAMPS but the Lad bit is right ;)

Do Rovers have a safe house?

camps-headshot223-3205552_231x264.jpg.f806e50084652429fcbf33431df8dfc0.jpg

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

He is a lad and he is called Callum Cramps. That's all we have so far.

He's also not coming anywhere near Ewood if there's a fee over £4.36 involved.

Saw him three times last year and impressed every time. Nice and tidy on the ball, he dictated a lot in the middle of the park.

They have a right hand sided player called Cannon, also worth a look.

Camp does look like a good player and I would like to see us get Mendez Laing as well. It is strange to admit but I am actually looking forward to League One. Hopefully with Mowbray we have a long term plan as to where we want to go (REGARDLESS OF VENKY STUPIDITY!), I am just looking forward to seeing someone making sensible decisions as a manager and trying to create a stable squad with a mix of Academy players and experienced ones. 

10 hours ago, Butty said:

Yes it's all down to what transfer and wage budget is available Chaddy but how have you not realised yet, there is NO MONEY. WE ARE SKINT. WAKE THE F UP. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15308764._There_is_going_to_be_a_budget_to_purchase_some_players____Rovers_boss_assured_of_money_to_spend_by_owners_Venky_s/

Just now, JacknOry said:

Just like Lambert was promised funds as well...

We have spent a net total of 250k across the last two windows.

I know what you mean about the £250K spent, but net normally means after funds in. I can't see us spending much again this summer and would expect to sell a fair bit more than what we spend.

Just now, JacknOry said:

What difference does it make?

The longest manager under their reign and been the ones back. Kean and Bowyer went to India. Mowbray went..appleton, Berg, Coyle or Lambert..

Venkys like meeting people they like face to face.

Lets Hope Mowbray is backed money wise and we can promote this season

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The longest manager under their reign and been the ones back. Kean and Bowyer went to India. Mowbray went..appleton, Berg, Coyle or Lambert..

Venkys like meeting people they like face to face.

Lets Hope Mowbray is backed money wise and we can promote this season

Contrary to your belief neither of these managers were "backed". Both had to sell to buy and were in negative net spend during their tenures. If you're expecting different this time then you are not using history as a marker, but instead expecting entirely new behaviour from owners who have literally just brought in two huge accountancy firms to tell them how best to cut costs.

I think @chaddyrovers point is a fair one. Meeting and agreeing something with someone face to face holds a lot more weight than when you don't.

However, even if a budget is in place, it's question of who's in charge of it. If it's someone down at Ewood that has to sign-off, then it won't be a problem. If it's Venky's, then it's business as usual I'm afraid.

Stand back and ask; "why would they give money now we are relegated, when they refused to in January when we desperately needed reinforcements to stay up?"

Makes no sense unless there was betting involved.

Archived