BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe he is Jal special agent? ?

Maybe you're  a double agent chaddyrovers ha ha 

Let's get back on topic.. Any transfer news ??? 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
23 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Funny how you want to move on after your point was proven wrong isn't it?

It's also funny how Stuart has gone quiet after he posted "all the grown ups know what JAL meant."

The clique on this board is hilarious, it was blatantly clear what Jal meant with his post yet some can't jump to his defence quick enough.

I've frequently had spats with JAL, and am hardly part of any clique!

I think JAL posted something that is ambiguous and could be easily construed as racist, but I don't think he posted it with that intention. I certainly don't think he's a racist.

I think he (very poorly) expressed that he thinks Nyambe shouldn't be in the first team.

As the wording is causing an argument, I felt it best to drop it for the sake of the MB remaining readable, rather than 'because I'm wrong'. I don't believe I AM wrong, but that isn't relevant.

2 hours ago, frosty said:

JAL when asked a simple question whether Joao should start the next game after scoring two at Norwich off the bench. Hmmmm....

So he could by saying depart him back to Portugal suggest he's not good enough for English football altogether and just another Johnny Foreigner which could be true. Where's the racist connotation in that?

• Backroom
Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Has he gone anywhere nice? 

Think he got one of those £9.50 holidays from The Sun

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So he could by saying depart him back to Portugal suggest he's not good enough for English football altogether and just another Johnny Foreigner which could be true. Where's the racist connotation in that?

I never said there was any. What was being debated was whether he meant send Nyambe back to the academy or deport him to where he was born, so all my post was showing was that he has previous for wanting players deported to their country of origin.

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

Hell yeah!

He's 27, according to Champ Man 2006 he'll be worth about £80million now!

He's lost his way, but here's where the journey really starts. Our paths are destined to meet in League 1, where Adu reignites his career and drives Rovers back to the big time. Mowbray, make it so.

22 hours ago, DE. said:

He's lost his way, but here's where the journey really starts. Our paths are destined to meet in League 1, where Adu reignites his career and drives Rovers back to the big time. Mowbray, make it so.

Luca Toni out of retirement to join him, its written in the stars

12 hours ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Tumbleweeds rolling past in this thread at the moment........come on Mowbray let's have a new signing or at least a rumour of one!!!!

You can't sign players until July 1st can you?

Not that that should stop the usual hysteria setting in of course.

It's three days since the Championship season finished and we still haven't signed anyone yet!!! Sack Mowbray! Sack the Board! Sack everyone!!!!

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's three days since the Championship season finished and we still haven't signed anyone yet!!! Sack Mowbray! Sack the Board! Sack everyone!!!!

You're right, with the last few years taken into account why would anyone be concerned? I'm sure by August we'll have a full squad of top players ready to storm the league. This is the summer when that £50m warchest will finally be opened and the marquee signings will appear to lead us to glory. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only true if we bring most of them in before August. If we're still signing the majority of our players after the season has started (and history says we will be) then as always we'll be playing catch up with teams who have prepared much earlier than us. 

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bury have signed about 6 already. So it can be done. I'm not at the panic stations stage yet with regards to our transfer business but if we follow the usual path of doing nothing until August then we won't be going up this season.

Archived