BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Time is a funny business. Liverpool for instants now have not won the league for nearly 30 years.... they have one the champions league amongst other things. There "golden period" 70/80 they one the vast majority of their silverware... in fairness their period of fantastic success mirrors Man Utd in the 90s 00s. All relative of course . Our best period was the same but obviously not too the same level. Arsenal fans want wenger sacked but that is purely down to not winning champions league or premier, however still competing at the top end of the league in champions league year on year winning a cup or two along the way... anyways transfers .....

I would love a coup..... snag Emnes ! Would love it but won't happen. He is too good for I'm surprised Swansea don't rate him.

We don't need names, names got use nowhere ( Murphy ,Gomez etc) we also don't want tried and trusted league 1 players .. they are still in league one. We need the players that championship clubs /premier league clubs may take a punt on... however think these type of players cost millions but if your planning to go up they have to be useful in the next tier. 

Bizarrely a lot of what we do need we just let go. Jason Lowe would be a great signing purely on the basis we need athletes.

we need to be fitter , stronger more powerful.

I wonder if we can get Bright osayi - Samuelson  looked good in the play offs only 19 ? 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why would you not like to see us sign Seanie Maguire? 

I'm relatively pleased with it.

Some of the fans over their say he's the best player seen at in that league for years and his release clause was €150k so it's relatively risk free.

I must admit I have absolutely no idea of what to expect in League 1, I'd guess it's more physical and less "pretty" but I mainly feel Blackburn Rovers and Tony Mowbray need to find a style of playing and then recruit players to fulfill that style.

The vast majority of games I went to last season I had no idea what the actual aim was, we couldn't keep it tight as we had a goal keeper that let in nearly every shot. We had no pace so didn't play on the break. We didn't have a big man to "lump" it up to. We just seemed to pass sideways and backwards then out of play!

So whilst I already know we will be signing freebies and loans and probably have a similar £250k in the kitty to spend on permanent signings. If there is a plan behind the signing I'm willing to wait and see how they shape up as a team rather than the individual signing. We can only hope that Mowbray can do something despite Venkys rather than with them!

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Indeed he would be not a whole lot of money. I would also throw in Nial McGinn who is available on a free having been released from Aberdeen. 

McGinn linked with Bolton and Sheff Utd. Plus Oxford have offered him a deal aswell

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bright Osayi-Samuelson does look more than useful.

He's made over 50 first team appearances for Blackpool already.

Fee?

Proves that Bowyer can trust in youth.

He does have skills and pace. Similar to Holiett in some respects.

seem a figure of 1 mil pounds being mention in the Press. I think Ive seen him linked with QPR recently

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Now you're getting it.

I didn't say money would be spend there.

Mowbray has said Money is available.

Rovers have been linked with Blackpool centre back Tom Alfred

Tom Aldred of Blackpool has been linked with a free transfer move to #wafc. Blackburn & Bury also interested.

I would also look at Mark Davies of Bolton who is leaving Bolton this summer. Could be our attacking midfielder we need

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What a thoroughly depressing thread.  Are we really being linked to Blackpool and bolton cast offs?!

Yeah but don't worry. We can't afford them.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

What a thoroughly depressing thread.  Are we really being linked to Blackpool and bolton cast offs?!

I was quite impressed with Blackpool.

Aldred is decent and a natural Captain. I liked Cullen and Potts too.

Can we get them on the tic?

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I was quite impressed with Blackpool.

Aldred is decent and a natural Captain. I liked Cullen and Potts too.

Can we get them on the tic?

I'm sorry sir your credit has been refused...

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He had a good season at Blackpool and could play in a 2 or 3 man centre defence. Could be the replacement for Mulgrew?

Davies was a name I mention myself but no link. the Alfred link from the Blackpool Gazette

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Replace arguably our best 2 players with Blackpool players and we will continue to slide one way.

It is one player. 

This level is more physical and more demanding. 

Players need to be strong and mental physically. 

You see the players Ive suggest before. We need experience players at this level. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It is one player. 

You see the players Ive suggest before. We need experience players at this level. 

How do you know this ?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have been linked with Blackpool centre back Tom Alfred

He swore in front of my mother when he was being interviewed on the TV after the Blackpool Wembley win.  'Effing brilliant' I think it was. Potty mouth. If he signs I'll be sending back the season ticket I've yet to buy.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It is one player. 

I think players do need to be mental to play for these crackpots.

And cheap. Definitely cheap.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It is one player. 

We do and we don't . We need players with the potential to play at a highrer level who have already had some success in league 1 or 2. i don't really see the merit in signing mid table league 1 solid pro , presumed to be nearing 30 that has never actually succeeded. How much was Keith Andrews when we signed him I seem to remember him being over 1m virtually 10 years ago. That's the kind of player we should be trying to pick up .. the best of the league 1 promising talent. More often than not they may have been brought up at bigger team academies. 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Andy Fisher to be Rayas no2

Steele to be no2 at Brighton I heard

I havent see any rumours linking Steele with Brighton. But dont even have number 1. 

I prefer an experience keeper in to challenge Raya for the number 1 slot

If Steele ends up at Blackpool it just confirms what a shocking signing he was in the first place. Replacing an admittedly past his best but still adequate former England number 1 and Rovers stalwart with a number 3 from a very average at the time Boro squad. This supposedly building a team to get out of the championship ?  Nah just saving a few quid and hoping to make a few more quid down the line....... for who though ?

No wonder we are where we are that kind of dealing sums up Rovers under Venkys & co.

Agents vehicle.

It's nonsense to say that the lower leagues are more physically or mentally demanding than the upper ones. They are less demanding, the game is played at a slower pace and mistakes aren't punished like they are higher up.  Top teams are where they are because their players are physically and mentally stronger than lower teams, straight fiorward really.

Archived