BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 players on the books and the talk in the paper is of another one leaving. Promotion? Laughable.

Cheston must be getting worried that they'll miss out on compo for Mahoney. A few back page headlines over the coming weeks should encourage suitors to come to the table.

Once he's out the way they'll get down to the more serious business of shifting Evans and Lenihan. Eyes will be firmly on the prize, more than a million quid to be had there if they play their cards right. A few calls to Telegraph HQ and the project will be underway.

Inbetween that we'll have recycled interviews from 5 weeks ago repeating the same old drivel.

On 3 June 2017 at 21:19, chaddyrovers said:

McGinn linked with Bolton and Sheff Utd. Plus Oxford have offered him a deal aswell

He does have skills and pace. Similar to Holiett in some respects.

seem a figure of 1 mil pounds being mention in the Press. I think Ive seen him linked with QPR recently

I didn't say money would be spend there.

Mowbray has said Money is available.

Rovers have been linked with Blackpool centre back Tom Alfred

Tom Aldred of Blackpool has been linked with a free transfer move to #wafc. Blackburn & Bury also interested.

I would also look at Mark Davies of Bolton who is leaving Bolton this summer. Could be our attacking midfielder we need

Rochdale have just signed Jordan Williams a young winger from Barrow for £100k to replace Mendez-Laing.

If we haven't signed anyone by the end of next week, I will be getting worried. Venus said we can expect a few in the "coming days" late last week. A lack of movement would suggest to me the Red light is emitting from Venkys HQ and ain't nobody picking up the phone. 

Hopefully I am wrong 

They'll not green light any signing until behind the scenes they are sure they've got a couple on their way out. Same old crap remember a higher paid player goes and one or two on far less wages arrive on a free.

Good news will cover bad, same old downscale farce.

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They'll not green light any signing until behind the scenes they are sure they've got a couple on their way out. Same old crap remember a higher paid player goes and one or two on far less wages arrive on a free.

Good news will cover bad, same old downscale farce.

Sounds about right to me. Is it 5 million we have to reduce off our wage bill? Have to imagine the focus is on lowering our wage bill rather than raising it. We will soon have a team of players that no-one has ever heard of.

In itself, in normal circumstances and at any normal club, with Mowbray as manager you'd be pretty confident of at least challenging. Problem is BRFC is anything but a normal club. We won't be doing what the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Wolves and others have done in recent years and be hanging onto our best players in the 3rd tier to show intent of bouncing straight back. If Mowbray does somehow manage to cobble together some sort of a squad and have it up there in and around the top 6 he'll have done a damn good job in spite of the rats from Pune. I don't buy all this talk of 'money being available' bla bla bla, it's all lies bs, spin as per. I don't doubt Mowbray, I like the bloke. But he's in for hell this summer, he doesn't know what he's let himself in for. We've heard it all before. 

It'll be freebies, loans, and kids next season. I'd be amazed if we get above midtable. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's an article telling would be suitors to up their offers.

If or when TM recruits a new striker or 2 then Stokes will go it's just that understandably we want as much back as possible for the waste of space.

The sooner the club loses dead-wood like stokes, the better. Nothing but an insult to the name of Blackburn Rovers, wastrels like him. Whoever gave him a three year contract should be chased and sued for malpractice - it can't be seen as anything other than an inappropriate abuse of position to dole out such a lucrative deal to such a no-mark, so the club should go after the people who signed this off.

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

The sooner the club loses dead-wood like stokes, the better. Nothing but an insult to the name of Blackburn Rovers, wastrels like him. Whoever gave him a three year contract should be chased and sued for malpractice - it can't be seen as anything other than an inappropriate abuse of position to dole out such a lucrative deal to such a no-mark, so the club should go after the people who signed this off.

Coyle pulled our pants down and Stokes did the roger and out.

I call it Colyle's Legacy. Twxx.

Archived