[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nope

Everything I'm seeing says I'm right.

Nothing is official until registered between those dates.

Clubs talk to frees and those out of contract on 30th June but not registered until 1st July.

I dont mind being wrong so if you have a link?

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Clubs talk to frees and those out of contract on 30th June but not registered until 1st July.

Nixon. 

43 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The transfer window is open today according to sky sports transfer centre

Article in one of Coventry papers stating Jordan turnbull potentially has a release clause where he can leave if relegated also says singed by Mowbray when he was at Coventry and don't be surprised if he ends up at Blackburn! At 22 good age and good centre half! 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I play a bit of football manager so if that's right the "domestic" transfer window would be open now with the full job being open from the 1st of July. How accurate that is I don't know as Burnley have just signed Mario Balotelli on my current save with Rovers so accuracy could be an issue here :lol: 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Transfers can be done now and registered 

Frees cant officially registered till end of June but contracts can be signed now. 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Nixon. 

Nothing to do with Nixon

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4588416/Scotland-s-Mulgrew-looking-England-game.html

Mulgrew in 'come and get me' plea.

Time he Mulgrew a pair and helped us out of League 1, the injury-prone big-girls blouse.

Always thought he would go

Just now, neophox said:

Josh Morris was a bench warmer in championship but a star in league one. I would give players like Rankin-Costello, Tomlinson and Wharton a chance next season!

Expect all 3 of them will play some part. 

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Josh Morris was a bench warmer in championship but a star in league one. I would give players like Rankin-Costello, Tomlinson and Wharton a chance next season!

and Mahoney .... oh wait :o

• Backroom
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4588416/Scotland-s-Mulgrew-looking-England-game.html

Time he Mulgrew a pair and helped us out of League 1, the injury-prone big-girls blouse.

This is annoying 

Yes he was one of the better players; but he was also one of the team that took us down, it's hard to take is it Charlie?

And you'd like to stay in the championship? Funnily enough we would have quite liked that too 

I don't understand why we need so many players. For me we need to get Tomlinson Connor Thomson jack Doyle Scott Wharton around the first team. 

On the other side of things we need to sell Steele, Stokes.

which means we are left with 

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ward, Mulgrew, Wharton, Doyle, Williams, Tomlinson, evans, Bennett, Conway, Feeney, Graham, Fisher. For me we need 2 strikers  2 wingers, creative mid right back ball winning mid

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Transfers can be done now and registered 

Frees cant officially registered till end of June but contracts can be signed now. 

Thanks Chaddy.

Last night and by coincidence I had been Googling the transfer window just prior to your posting that it was just about to open.

I kept seeing an opening date of 1st July.

Using The Sun as an example as I know it's read by many for some reason :):

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3199601/when-does-the-summer-transfer-window-open-and-who-is-expected-to-move-heres-all-you-need-to-know/

These dates were also in recent articles on Talksport and other esteemed sites and publications.

I finally found this wording oddly enough on the main PL site:

"The summer window officially runs from 10 June-1 September."

Thanks for your input on this. I like detail although we all know that in reality players are being 'tapped-up' 365 24/7.

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I hate football and how contracted players can do whatever they want and shi-t in public on the Club who salvaged their career.

Hold him to his contract and make him play L1, the sicknote helped get us there.

Or sell him for loads.

Disloyal GIT.

And yes I know no loyalty blah blah.....

EDIT: I hope Harry tears him a new one today!

7 years on and we still blame players.

The bloke is far too good for League 1, he's 31 and wants to play at a higher level- good for him, not greed as he'll be on a bloody good wedge here anyway.

And who says that the club are not agitating his move anyway to get him off the wage bill?

Look at the root cause!

10 hours ago, neophox said:

Wharton will be one of our starting centre backs as I can't see the two lads staying. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The bloke is far too good for League 1, he's 31 and wants to play at a higher level- good for him, not greed as he'll be on a bloody good wedge here anyway.

And who says that the club are not agitating his move anyway to get him off the wage bill?

Look at the root cause!

I wouldn't necessarily say it is "blaming the players" my problem is we as fans have been humiliated by the owners we all agree on that, but players have been leaving over the last couple of years by downing tools Duffy and Marshall scream of that. Charlie Mulgrew is too good for league one but some could argue him being regularly unavailable hurt us massively over the season and he could have easily dodged that question whilst his agent in the background was doing his job and negotiating his exit behind closed doors. 

I have no qualms about players moving on, far better clubs than us lose players but I do have a problem with players treating the fans with the same contempt that the owners do.

That's the modern game, they are all mercenaries, I long ago accepted that.

You can flick it round, when a player is let go at the end of a contract or sold against their will- where's the club's 'loyalty'? For me, either side shouldn't expect any, they are contractors, they do a job, they move on.

I get all that but I think the hatred of the owners at our particular club allows players to act however they want when they've had enough, which angers me but fans feel that is fine. Give your all on the pitch and do your exit negotiations in private, not too much to ask for in my opinion.

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Look at the root cause!

It's so annoying. It's so childish how people slag off players leaving and adore the ones joining, like it's their life long dream to play for us.

Anyone with half a brain can see he is too good for the league we are in.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That's the modern game, they are all mercenaries, I long ago accepted that.

You can flick it round, when a player is let go at the end of a contract or sold against their will- where's the club's 'loyalty'? For me, either side shouldn't expect any, they are contractors, they do a job, they move on.

I think you are right and no club should stand in a players way if they want to better themselves career wise or financially. My issue is why so many players do this type of thing and prostitute themselves through the media.

Archived