BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That's the modern game, they are all mercenaries, I long ago accepted that.

You can flick it round, when a player is let go at the end of a contract or sold against their will- where's the club's 'loyalty'? For me, either side shouldn't expect any, they are contractors, they do a job, they move on.

And you can add to that by looking at the way players like Robinson, Nelsen and Salgado were treated. Frozen out and released.

Players are very rarely loyal to any club, unless they are at the top, How can anyone expect players to be loyal to a Rovers run by the Rao family?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

And you can add to that by looking at the way players like Robinson, Nelsen and Salgado were treated. Frozen out and released.

Players are very rarely loyal to any club, unless they are at the top, How can anyone expect players to be loyal to a Rovers run by the Rao family?

I understand they won't be loyal when push comes to shove, but I think our players should be a bit more self aware about the terrible seasons they had last year, before pimping themselves out at the first sight of a microphone. Have a bit of tact and leave the exit strategy to their agents. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I understand they won't be loyal when push comes to shove, but I think our players should be a bit more self aware about the terrible seasons they had last year, before pimping themselves out at the first sight of a microphone. Have a bit of tact and leave the exit strategy to their agents. 

The good ones like Mulgrew are internationals and can command more money in the twighlight of his career. I'm sure he looks around at Brockhall at the likes of Feeney, Nyambe, Akpan and thinks WTF am I even doing here.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

The good ones like Mulgrew are internationals and can command more money in the twighlight of his career. I'm sure he looks around at Brockhall at the likes of Feeney, Nyambe, Akpan and thinks WTF am I even doing here.

Well it was the same people there last summer, along with Coyle, when he signed as one of the highest earners here. If he doesn't want to be here, let him off, but make sure we don't let him go cheaply. I would love if he stayed, but I would also like if he left engineering the move to his agent. 

With his injury record, I am sure teams will be cautious before making him an offer. 

16 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

thought Akpan had been released

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

thought Akpan had been released

Yep this summer, I'm thinking more in general and what's been around since he came in late last August. On a free and from no club, his stock is a bit higher this summer especially with his Newcastle performances to fall back on.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

7 years on and we still blame players.

The bloke is far too good for League 1, he's 31 and wants to play at a higher level- good for him, not greed as he'll be on a bloody good wedge here anyway.

And who says that the club are not agitating his move anyway to get him off the wage bill?

Look at the root cause!

He's absolutely too good for us now it's just frustrating that their pain of relegation is so easily wiped away whilst we continue to suffer 

I think Venkys will be delighted if Mulgrew moves on. They don't plan ahead, they check the figures every now and then and try and balance the books.

League 1 means reduced income so they need to reduce outgoings. Get rid of a high earning player and replace him with a low earning one - perfect! 

5 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Rats jumping ship,we all knew it was on the cards.

No loyalty ,no honour amongst journeymen.

I think that's a bit harsh on Mulgrew. 'Journeyman' is perhaps inaccurate given he has spent most of his career at one club (a big club) and he is an established international footballer.

As much as I want Mulgrew to stay as I think he is a class act, it will harm his international chances to play in league 1. He is 31 years of age, has got himself back into the Scotland side, and from a personal point of view needs to be playing at a higher standard than league 1 to keep him in contention for Scotland. 

I would love him to stay but would not begrudge him moving on for the aforementioned reasons.

It's a shame as he would have probably been captain had we remained in the Championship. Plus my 4 year old has his name on the back of his rovers shirt!

Just now, david brent said:

I think that's a bit harsh on Mulgrew. 'Journeyman' is perhaps inaccurate given he has spent most of his career at one club (a big club) and he is an established international footballer.

As much as I want Mulgrew to stay as I think he is a class act, it will harm his international chances to play in league 1. He is 31 years of age, has got himself back into the Scotland side, and from a personal point of view needs to be playing at a higher standard than league 1 to keep him in contention for Scotland. 

I would love him to stay but would not begrudge him moving on for the aforementioned reasons.

It's a shame as he would have probably been captain had we remained in the Championship. Plus my 4 year old has his name on the back of his rovers shirt!

Does he? I'm not sure he does to be honest 

1 hour ago, david brent said:

To be brutally honest I care not one iota for any player in our present side which is the biggest sorry excuse in our famous shirt I have EVER seen in my time supporting Rovers.

'A RABBLE OF RAGTAG ROVERS'

..But this is what we have been reduced to by you know who.

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

I think Venkys will be delighted if Mulgrew moves on. They don't plan ahead, they check the figures every now and then and try and balance the books.

League 1 means reduced income so they need to reduce outgoings. Get rid of a high earning player and replace him with a low earning one - perfect! 

Nixon has said that Mulgrew and Graham contracts did have relegation wage drop clauses in them

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I did Mulgrew first goal at 33/1. His free kicks last season were the highlights of the season for me. I really thought it was going to be our day when he scored against Brenford. 

Did Kane for the double 7/1. 

Just now, neophox said:

Mulgrew a Scotland full international , how much is he worth IF sold?

Injury record and teams knowing we need to offload wages, 31 around zilch and we will be grateful to get his contract (another 2yrs) of the books.

i believe they call that an undisclosed fee. Like many at rovers.

18 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Just got out the theatre relieved to see 0-0 game on! Beer for tea for us lot tonight 

Humble pie duly eaten.

Scotland put up a good performance and Gordon massively at fault for England's first.

Great free kicks!

What the hell is Dier doing playing for England. He looks asleep, drunk or on something. A donkey. Of course he plays for Spurs so auto shoein.

The rest tippy tappy and not very good at it.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Humble pie duly eaten.

Scotland put up a good performance and Gordon massively at fault for England's first.

Great free kicks!

What the hell is Dier doing playing for England. He looks asleep, drunk or on something. A donkey. Of course he plays for Spurs so auto shoein.

The rest tippy tappy and not very good at it.

That is the first england game i have watched since the embarrassment of Iceland etc. I see that any shot on target against joe hart is still an automatic goal then. They were well hit but he should uave done much better withthefirst one especially.

Just now, JacknOry said:

That is the first england game i have watched since the embarrassment of Iceland etc. I see that any shot on target against joe hart is still an automatic goal then. They were well hit but he should uave done much better withthefirst one especially.

He's tall. That's about it. Pep is not stupid.

Archived