[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The question is, should we panic?

Most certainly.

We currently have 28 1st team squad professional contracts 12 of whom have never played first team football.

Mahoney definately and probably Mulgrew are leaving and probably others.

The 14 experienced players left includes the injured Evans and bellend Stokes plus the relatively inexperienced Tomlinson and Wharton.

We need experienced quality like yesterday.

When does pre-season start?

I know there is a very early pre-season game v Barrow and then more from mid July.

Still plenty of time yet to build a good squad and TM says he will be cashed up to do it.:wacko:

Presently we look more likely to be relegated than promoted.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Most certainly.

We currently have 28 1st team squad professional contracts 12 of whom have never played first team football.

Mahoney definately and probably Mulgrew are leaving and probably others.

The 14 experienced players left includes the injured Evans and bellend Stokes plus the relatively inexperienced Tomlinson and Wharton.

We need experienced quality like yesterday.

I was just joking really based on your video!

But Mogga does need to crack on. We need a half a new team and a subs bench.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I was just joking really based on your video!

But Mogga does need to crack on. We need a half a new team and a subs bench.

I knew you were :)

It coincided with me finding a Wiki summary of Rovers with a current  squad summary and it brought it home how in the crap we are player wise:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Blackburn_Rovers_F.C._season#Pre-Season_Friendlies

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I foresee the usual summer shambles, however I'd treat those Mogga lines with caution. Are they just more recycled quotes from the LT's 'summer story drought' file?

I think they're new. He's back off his hols and ready to rumble in the 'released from League 2 club' market.

8 hours ago, frosty said:

To be fair look at Huddersfield and Reading after their previous seasons, Brighton only just stayed up in 14/15, Dingles before they went up first time with Dyche. Doesn't take too much to get from near the bottom to towards the top in the Championship.

But why think Forest will do it?? They were muck and have a new crackpot owner

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He is a local lad and knows better than you or me that the Club is a pile of dung.

Offered a joke of a wage increase by known lunatic owners.

Mowbray is a good guy and he may be gone in a month too.

Good luck Conor. You did the right thing.

Local lad, even more reason to stay. If he went to a decent championship team I would say grand, well done. He has gone to the worst team left in the championship. Ambition eh 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Local lad, even more reason to stay. If he went to a decent championship team I would say grand, well done. He has gone to the worst team left in the championship. Ambition eh 

Worst team left in the Championship is still in the Championship and therefore a step up from us for at least one season. I can see why he went, though I'd have thought regular footy at his home team would've appealed.

More money, Championship Club with a good Manager and the Club now set to move upwards.

Rovers, basket case and not changing for the foreseeable.

No brainer imo

More money, Championship Club with a good Manager and the Club now set to move upwards.

No brainer imo

This players like Assambolinga, Bereton, Kasami, Carayol, Clough, Mancienne would all walk into a Rovers 11.

No brainer imo

Agreed, I think Warburton will have them on the up next season.

Like us, they have a great history and tradition.

Re incoming transfers - this could be the moment when Tony finds out that Venky's don't always honour their promises.

Just now, martonrover said:

Re incoming transfers - this could be the moment when Tony finds out that Venky's don't always honour their promises.

+441254 number flashes up and diverts to voicemail 

Just now, martonrover said:

I've had a soft spot for Forest since childhood when a good schoolmate was a Forest fan and spent hours talking footy between kicking tin cans or a scruffy tennisball when we could afford one.

I agree that Forest are on the up and PL within 3 years.

Meanwhile we wait for Suhail's lights to even contain green.

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Worst team left in the Championship is still in the Championship and therefore a step up from us for at least one season. I can see why he went, though I'd have thought regular footy at his home team would've appealed.

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No brainer imo

I think he will regret making this particular move, but time will tell I suppose. 

I think he will regret making this particular move, but time will tell I suppose. 

Depends on more money than he'd have earned at rovers setting him up in life and a probable sign on fee far more than the norm as he's a free agent.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

So you're saying 'don't panic'?

No I wouldnt. 

Transfers targets being chase and its another 7 weeks till season starts. Plenty of time but players have to be signed. 

I would panic in 2 weeks time if nobody sign by then

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I foresee the usual summer shambles, however I'd treat those Mogga lines with caution. Are they just more recycled quotes from the LT's 'summer story drought' file?

The quotes are new. Interview was done yesterday..

Archived