BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Depends on more money than he'd have earned at rovers setting him up in life and a probable sign on fee far more than the norm as he's a free agent.

A good season in League 1 with us could have got him a move to a big Championship club, a bad season with a struggling Forest team could see him back in League 1, or worse. Forest just seems a risky one to me. Have you read about their new owner? Crackpot. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No I wouldnt. 

Transfers targets being chase and its another 7 weeks till season starts. Plenty of time but players have to be signed. 

I would panic in 2 weeks time if nobody sign by then

The quotes are new. Interview was done yesterday..

True. It is more important we get the right players in that just sign players for the sake of it. Also, holding onto players is key. We are all impatient, particularly as we know what has gone on here over the last few seasons. However, I believe Mowbray is on this in a sensible and practical manner. 

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

simple facts

£4 million down in tv money

say 1000 less fans @ £200

so 4.2 down is £350K per month savings to find !!

12 players wages saved so far plus Senior plus cleaners

Venus in to replace Sandy

OK we have a saving on high interest loan payments if we don't / haven't taken out another? Dunnfc - how much pm ?

Long way to go yet !

Yes on the Short Term Loans but the overdraft (14.5million) still attracts a 2.65% Fee (2016) and Libor which is currently at a rate of 0.61 % on a 12 month term of which is the going concern length in the accounts which alludes to annual arrangement. So call it 3.26% we pay alone on the overdraft interest and fee’s per annum £472,700. Proportionally around 5% of our predicted turnover next year.

Short term loans which in the last accounts amounted to a balance of £2.231 million consisted of:

A £1,800,000 secured against a season tickets Mortgage which was to be repaid by March 31st 2017. This attracted an interest of 8.6% charged with a 12 month Libor fee of 0.61% meaning a totality of 9.21% per annum and an interest cost of £152,683.80. Cheston alluded to the fact that as it's normal to take short term loans out for a business then he probably will have done a similar arrangement this year.

A further loan of £431,191 which was paid 31st July 2016 (Accounts go to June 30th 2016) which attracted a possible LIBOR rate of 0.61% and an APR of 14%. Resulting in interest paid last summer with the loan paid off of around £62,997.01.

Football Related creditors stood at 2.5 million in 2016 down from around 5.578 million which can’t be ticket monies to other clubs as it was the current position in June 2016, so I refer to the 2015 filings which state transfer fees. Given we’ve not bought anyone. It’s either possibly the last instalment to HTFC for Rhodes whilst the 2015 balance in transfer fees was the same 5.578 figure.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A good season in League 1 with us could have got him a move to a big Championship club, a bad season with a struggling Forest team could see him back in League 1, or worse. Forest just seems a risky one to me. Have you read about their new owner? Crackpot. 

Yep shipping magnate suspected of smuggling previously trialled in Greece on suspicions of match fixing. Some very dark friends/acquaintances behind him too. (This came from MSM btw).

Still when you've got Venkys in football of multiple income tax cases, employees being electrocuted and whipped, one of the owners whom openly loves to smoke hash and alleged allegations against him from the UAE. Then the FA probably waived him through.

True. It is more important we get the right players in that just sign players for the sake of it. Also, holding onto players is key. We are all impatient, particularly as we know what has gone on here over the last few seasons. However, I believe Mowbray is on this in a sensible and practical manner. 

Exactly..

The signings must fit the formation, player role and style of role..no point in rushing signings

Have you forgotten we have the Venkys? 

The bloke at Forest might have question marks hanging over him but nonetheless he's run Olympiakos for 7 years and they've won the league every year in that time. It appears whatever he does he knows how to run a football club and the first thing he did when taking over was appoint Warburton/Weir/McParland along with a new board of directors including a QC as Chairman.

Under Al Hasawi Forest were like us with a high turnover of managers who couldn't do the job properly and no board of directors in place to run the club properly. All of a sudden those issues are being dealt with.

He might be a wrong un or it might be smoke but no fire, but so far he's taken steps to sort them out.

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes but in the meantime he will be earning a better wage (reportedly double), received a signing on fee, still playing in the Championship for a season at the least, living in a bigger and better city and working under a better manager. If in 12 months time he finds himself relegated to League One he's just in the same boat as he is now. Except he's not beacuse of all those things listed above. 

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Yep shipping magnate suspected of smuggling previously trialled in Greece on suspicions of match fixing. Some very dark friends/acquaintances behind him too. (This came from MSM btw).

Still when you've got Venkys in football of multiple income tax cases, employees being electrocuted and whipped, one of the owners whom openly loves to smoke hash and alleged allegations against him from the UAE. Then the FA probably waived him through.

Nothing wrong with that :D Where did this come from??

Just now, donnermeat said:

Yes but in the meantime he will be earning a better wage (reportedly double), received a signing on fee, still playing in the Championship for a season at the least, living in a bigger and better city and working under a better manager. If in 12 months time he finds himself relegated to League One he's just in the same boat as he is now. Except he's not beacuse of all those things listed above. 

Not that simple, what if he doesn't play? He is in a  worse position then, no? 

No, has Mahoney not looked at their owner? 

Why should he?

Conor will be ok with a good club owned by a rich guy, ok'd by the esteemed FA and EFL or whatever those tossers are called, experienced and successful in football club ownership and now with a top management setup.

It doesn't guarantee individual or club success next season but it bloody well helps.

Whereas as Rovers we have ..........

Jones, Samba, Nelsen, Kalinic, Emerton, Givet, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Olsson, Hoilett, Dann, Cairney, Gestede, King, Olsson, Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Lowe, Mahoney

Can we please stop blaming the players?

It isn't greed, it isn't over ambition, it isn't because they don't like Blackburn and get lured away by the bright lights of other places, it nearly always isn't due to league status (the majority moved to clubs in the same league).

Its Venkys.

The one constant throughout whilst piece by piece the club and squad is downsized, downscaled and downgraded. 18 months ago I couldn't have cared less what Mahoney was doing as he couldn't get near the 1st team because he wasn't good enough. Thanks to their actions the squad has plummeted in ability and we're now getting worked up about Mahoney departing. If they'd have run this place properly he wouldn't even be in the first team squad.

Worry not though, because 12 months from now like everyone else to depart he'll be higher than Rovers and we'll have found some other product to advertise around the Leagues in the hope of a quick profit.

Not that simple, what if he doesn't play? He is in a  worse position then, no? 

I'd be willing to bet you know, that young Connor will have considered all eventualities.

Also arguable that it's a worse position. We don't know what assurances Warburton has given and what if he doesn't play here? 

As a professional he will be believe in his abilities to get in the team and have an impact, best of luck to him.

I personally would have liked him to have stayed, there is potential there, but on the flip side I don't see him as a great loss either. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Jones, Samba, Nelsen, Kalinic, Emerton, Givet, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Olsson, Hoilett, Dann, Cairney, Gestede, King, Olsson, Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Lowe, Mahoney

It isn't greed, it isn't over ambition, it isn't because they don't like Blackburn and get lured away by the bright lights of other places, it nearly always isn't due to league status (the majority moved to clubs in the same league).

Its Venkys.

The one constant throughout whilst piece by piece the club and squad is downsized, downscaled and downgraded. 18 months ago I couldn't have cared less what Mahoney was doing as he couldn't get near the 1st team because he wasn't good enough. Thanks to their actions the squad has plummeted in ability and we're now getting worked up about Mahoney departing. If they'd have run this place properly he wouldn't even be in the first team squad.

Worry not though, because 12 months from now like everyone else to depart he'll be higher than Rovers and we'll have found some other product to advertise around the Leagues in the hope of a quick profit.

The two go hand in hand JH, as well you know.

13 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wooah, why is everyone hating on Mahoney? 

We treated him like @#/? for however long he was here. Didn't send him on loan when he wanted. 

Probably offered him a rubbish wage. 

We are a league 1 football club, we aren't that premier league club we used to be. We are tiny and currently very tinpot. 

If any of you had worked at a company for 20 years and got offered a bigger wage at a bigger company you would take it. 

Don't be so bitter.

We didn't treat him like sh---t Coyle did, all we did was make him some kind of hero when he did play,lets see where he is or how many times he plays.  

Just now, JHRover said:

Heartbreaking to see a simple list of the names and quality pushed out of Ewood by the Venkys.

Noticable too how the quality in the list reduced over time.

30 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Chaddy the sea is black and the sky is green

Such a funny guy. ?

Why come on a transfer thread and dont talk about transfers. 

I'm here to talk football and nothing else. Why we keep talking about the past I dont know. Aint going to change owt. We talk.about Lowe for a day. He left Rovers now. 

Mowbray is looking to build his own squad now that fits in with his style and tactics. 

so as it this is a transfer thread, and after reading through it, and googling links to blackburn, the summary as it stand is:

%99 certain to leave - Mahoney to forest\celtic

quite likely to leave - Mulgrew - Hull\Borough,

rumours of interest - lenihan, Conway

Players we are linked with signing - Whittingham.....

I know we should be optimistic etc, but boy its tough. Venkys have a track record of being slow, we barely have a team. Would be a bit more comforting being linked with 5 or 6.. all I read is whittingham... An ok player but its only 1 player. In my opinion we need 2 x wingers, 3 cms, 1 full back, 1 striker. And possibly 2 CBS if we lose ours. Yes we have youngsters but realistcally for what we need to go up, you would say probably only about 2 would be of any use (not that I watch the youth side but realistcially on average you dont get too many than can cut it straight away).

Notice also the standard of clubs the players depart to. It began with Jones to Man Utd for £18 million, Nelsen to Spurs, Nzonzi to Stoke - 1st phase of offloading assets to Premier League clubs - then the 2nd phase of offloading assets to decent/strong Championship clubs - Cairney to Fulham, Olsson to Derby, Rhodes to Middlesbrough, Duffy to Brighton - 3rd phase is now beginning - offloading to bottom rung Championship clubs for peanuts. Lenihan and Evans will be next and expect all sorts of moaning about how ungrateful/disloyal they are rather than how they are just the latest in a long line. Phase 4 will begin once we've levelled out in League One and we'll then start selling assets to clubs like Plymouth and Rotherham.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Such a funny guy. ?

Why come on a transfer thread and dont talk about transfers. 

I'm here to talk football and nothing else. Why we keep talking about the past I dont know. Aint going to change owt. We talk.about Lowe for a day. He left Rovers now. 

Mowbray is looking to build his own squad now that fits in with his style and tactics. 

Cos we know there won't be transfers we know from the last 7 years what the game is about. Blackburn is ran in complete adhocracy both professionally and financially.

Just now, JHRover said:

Its Venkys.

Someone should be in prison for selling N'Zonzi for next to nothing, noticed he was linked with Juve for €40million

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Cos we know there won't be transfers we know from the last 7 years what the game is about. Blackburn is ran in complete adhocracy both professionally and financially.

Of course they will be signings this summer. 

But if thats your mind set why come on here At all. 

Now on Transfers, we need about 10 signings in. 

1 full back, 2/3 centre midfielder, 1 pacey winger, 2/3 strikers, 1 centre back if Mulgrew and 1 keeper if Steele leaves

Just now, JHRover said:

Notice also the standard of clubs the players depart to. It began with Jones to Man Utd for £18 million, Nelsen to Spurs, Nzonzi to Stoke - 1st phase of offloading assets to Premier League clubs - then the 2nd phase of offloading assets to decent/strong Championship clubs - Cairney to Fulham, Olsson to Derby, Rhodes to Middlesbrough, Duffy to Brighton - 3rd phase is now beginning - offloading to bottom rung Championship clubs for peanuts. Lenihan and Evans will be next and expect all sorts of moaning about how ungrateful/disloyal they are rather than how they are just the latest in a long line. Phase 4 will begin once we've levelled out in League One and we'll then start selling assets to clubs like Plymouth and Rotherham.

How long can the Vs business plan be sustained. Sellable assets reducing in value as we go down the leagues whilst fixed costs like Ewood, Brockhall have to be met.

L2 might cope for a while but  relegation would hit their plan hard.

They must have a line in the curry when they say enough is enough when there are no more assets to strip.

Archived