SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Joe Garner is a hun and he's been absolute toilet for Newco, would'nt touch him with a sh*tty stick

Yeah he seems to have flopped up there and to be fair his level is league 1 he's proven a useful scorer in this league but I was thinking of his antics after scoring at Ewood and his general attitude towards Rovers etc.  Thought he was too good to be here first time around so sod him if he's looking for a contract back down here he'll spend all his time going to watch his beloved nobbers anyway :lol:

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Joe Garner is a hun and he's been absolute toilet for Newco, would'nt touch him with a sh*tty stick

He is a poor mans Speedie. You can accept a level of indiscipline if the player is good but Garner is average at best.

Just now, roverstdt said:

Whittingham was a great signing and I am delighted with that. I would like to see us go for Jason Cummings, Liam Boyce, Christian Doidge, Keenu Marsh Brown. Any one of those would do me in attack :)

Great signing ....you having a laugh ? On another note who's that lot ?

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, he's got a good record of goals and assists over a long period at a higher level from midfield, so in theory it should be a good signing. (Granted there is a slight question mark over his age and potential effectiveness).

Perhaps better not to write him off before he's kicked a ball for us, JAL!!

Re the other lot, get onto Wikipedia and have a look!

15 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Whittingham was a great signing and I am delighted with that. I would like to see us go for Jason Cummings, Liam Boyce, Christian Doidge, Keenu Marsh Brown. Any one of those would do me in attack :)

Cummings off to Forest if the local news is to be believed. Over £1 million too, never going to happen.

18 hours ago, neophox said:

Whittingham will be very useful in league one.

agreed

15 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Joe Garner next ;)

Off to Ipswich for 1 mill supposedly

2 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I agree Whittingham is a great signing and I expect to play as deep layer Midfield playmaker in a centre midfield as a 2 man partnership in 4-2-3-1 formation.

Cummings off to Forest.

Boyce would be very decent at this level.

Not sure Doidge and Brown as I haven't seen them play.

I wouldn't be surprise if we look to sign Chris O'Grady on a free transfer. and Harris, a pacey winger from Cardiff who has not agree a contract there

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Great signing ....you having a laugh ? On another note who's that lot ?

Why having a laugh? I would enjoy seeing you suggesting names but it never will happened. wonder why? cos they will find out that you are really agent Jal and which agency you work for. double agent Jal

The list was 4 strikers, 2 play for Forest Green Rovers, and 2 in SPL.

Instead of moaning, do some Research and stop moaning.

56 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

How could you not be happy? Scored more and assisted more than any other of our midfielders.....

Because it Jal and he isn't ever happy about Rovers. Always unhappy and grumpy

To share some information on the two. 

Keenu Marsh Brown is someone I followed a fair a bit when he was at Barnet as being a London based Rovers fans, if Rovers aren't playing around the area I either go and watch AFC Wimbledon which is my family team that they support, or Barnet as it isn't too far away. Lyle Taylor I am a big fan of having seen him develop there into a top top striker, Kenu Marsh Brown has explosive pace on the wing and has the ability to open up play and grab a few goals at the same time. Christian Doidge I have been told by my Forest Green fans that he is a great finisher. He has a good pretty goal scoring record across all the clubs he has been at and scored 23 goals last year. Wouldn't break the bank to sign him either would rather have him than the Elvis hater, IRA supporter Anthony Stokes 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

agreed

Off to Ipswich for 1 mill supposedly

I agree Whittingham is a great signing and I expect to play as deep layer Midfield playmaker in a centre midfield as a 2 man partnership in 4-2-3-1 formation.

Cummings off to Forest.

Boyce would be very decent at this level.

Not sure Doidge and Brown as I haven't seen them play.

I wouldn't be surprise if we look to sign Chris O'Grady on a free transfer. and Harris, a pacey winger from Cardiff who has not agree a contract there

Why having a laugh? I would enjoy seeing you suggesting names but it never will happened. wonder why? cos they will find out that you are really agent Jal and which agency you work for. double agent Jal

The list was 4 strikers, 2 play for Forest Green Rovers, and 2 in SPL.

Instead of moaning, do some Research and stop moaning.

Because it Jal and he isn't ever happy about Rovers. Always unhappy and grumpy

Most of us don't suggest names of players we should look at. Doesn't mean we work for an agency. Just means that we haven't a clue who we could afford, what kind of wages they want, whether even if we could afford them they'd want to come here, whether they're the kind of player Mowbray is looking at and so on. I could probably pluck a few names from the Internet if I could be bothered, but I prefer to wait and see what the stories might be and discuss them if I feel I have anything to contribute.

Whittingham here on similar terms to what Cardiff offered according to Warnock adding they couldn't offer 2 years or regular starts so he chose here because he's desperate to play. Refreshing to hear if correct.

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, he's got a good record of goals and assists over a long period at a higher level from midfield, so in theory it should be a good signing. (Granted there is a slight question mark over his age and potential effectiveness).

Perhaps better not to write him off before he's kicked a ball for us, JAL!!

Re the other lot, get onto Wikipedia and have a look!

Thers a big difference between good and great K-Hod wouldn't you say especially someone who's never been an International or champion league regular !

Let's get it right please.

Archived