SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Biz said:

So "Tony Mowbray flying to India" is now a conspiracy theory?

Jesus Christ when does the summer end? 

But he's never mentioned the traffic, cows on the road and the elephants !!!!

Mind you he is from Middlesbrough :lol:

Just now, Biz said:

Didnt the likes of rich Sharpe and bayes start that Mowbray was still in India in the after math of the talks. 

The venkys don't come to Blackburn to meet staff they expect staff to come to them. 

What a way of tresting people 

Mowbray was out of a job for 6 months after leaving Coventry winless and marooned bottom of League One. In that time the only job he was even closely linked to was the vacant Chesterfield job, a club also struggling in League One. He missed out and the job went to Gary Caldwell who took them down to League Two.

Paul Senior appoints him on a short term suck it and see arrangement until the end of the season to try and keep Rovers up. Of course Mowbray accepts. He's out of work and has a chance to get back into management at a big club in the Championship having just come from the bottom of Lge 1. Like Senior himself it is just a temporary arrangement for a few months on low wages with a promise of better if the club survives. Senior clearly expected a budget to play with if we survived and knew the game was up when we didn't.

When we were relegated, despite Mowbray making a fine effort of trying to survive, he had no idea what was coming next. He had never met the owners, never discussed any sort of plan or budget with anyone, because everything before then had just been a short term arrangement through Senior until the end of the season. With Senior falling on his sword Mowbray had to look elsewhere for answers.

Venkys like the easy option so if possible were always likely to favour keeping the existing manager in place.

Wherever these talks took place and whoever they took place with I don't doubt Mowbray liked what he was being told. He was offered an extended improved deal, allowed to appoint his best mate to the coaching staff, given an initial wage budget that most Lge 1 clubs could only dream of, and has independence in terms of who he can sign and play with no board to interfere and no director of football to annoy him. To any manager in his position that would sound rather good.

I suspect he has yet to discover the downside to Venkys allowing their managers independence and that is the permanently engaged phone when the money runs out and players being sold as and when it suits them without consultation with the manager.

22 minutes ago, Biz said:

Its look like certain people want to be negative about Rovers and not its Mowbray time..

Some people need to sit back and stop trying to make a storm out of a tea cup..

I have provided 4 links where It says Mowbray going to India or been to..dont know what more certain people want. Its getting more crazy than ever

13 minutes ago, dulwich said:

Where has aggressive Chaddy come from?

It's over numerous threads now...

Aggressive? Dont talk wet kid..

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its look like certain people want to be negative about Rovers and not its Mowbray time..

Some people need to sit back and stop trying to make a storm out of a tea cup..

I have provided 4 links where It says Mowbray going to India or been to..dont know what more certain people want. Its getting more crazy than ever

Aggressive? Dont talk wet kid..

Chaddy I expected negativity, suspicion and predictions of further woe- how can we not after the previous 7 years! I do feel a few actively revel in reminding everyone that we are screwed though! 

What I found strange, suggesting it is lies that he went? What benefits are there to this particular porkie? I can't see it.

Just now, Biz said:

What I found strange, suggesting it is lies that he went? What benefits are there to this particular porkie? I can't see it.

Dunnfc has his own agenda against Mowbray for some reason. Seems very much anti Mowbray gang. 

Most Rovers fans are right behind Mowbray. 

Dunnfc has his own agenda against Mowbray for some reason. Seems very much anti Mowbray gang. 

He's welcome to his opinion, and I can fully see why Rovers fans might see ANY manager under these owners as suspect! 

I think Tony will get us up first time. Why? Because hope trumps wallowing for me. Some of the impressions I have from TM and the noises from the club at current are also positive but we both know nothing but results count.

I think yourself and Biz should be careful here to alluding that I've lied. That is simply not the case and was rebuffed directly to you when your first suggested this, two pages back. 

He could quite easily be mistaken, misquoted, PR spun to suit a story or maybe even human error. It's not like that's not ever happened before at this football club.

I've no agenda as confirmed over Mowbray, I've told you that Chaddy numerous times now. Fact is he's got all to prove as so far he's hardly done anything of note to write home about. Anti-Mowbray? I don't believe anyone is more so some people including my very self don't believe he went to India at all and remains cautious about how he will perform.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I think yourself and Biz should be careful here to alluding that I've lied. That is simply not the case and was rebuffed directly to you when your first suggested this, two pages back. 

He could quite easily be mistaken, misquoted, PR spun to suit a story or maybe even human error. It's not like that's not ever happened before at this football club.

I've no agenda as confirmed over Mowbray, I've told you that Chaddy numerous times now. Fact is he's got all to prove as so far he's hardly done anything of note to write home about. Anti-Mowbray? I don't believe anyone is more so some people including my very self don't believe he went to India at all and remains cautious about how he will perform.

I didn't allude to you lieing, I merely stated that I thought that theory was bonkers. Whats the benefit of it!?

I don't think TM would still be manager if he hadn't gone over, I don't think they would've dealt with him over the phone in the fashion that he wanted.

In terms of what he's achieved so far? I don't think you could judge him without a proper crack at the whip, and since we hired him a bit late it is probably unfair to say he failed last season. Are you a season ticket holder Dunn? I have to say I saw an instant change in level under TM, with the same squad that Coyle dragged down. Add the ability to be pragmatic, make sense and talk honest - it's rather easy to see why people have some hope in TM.

If I hold current signings, staff et al up against the Daglish, Souness, Hughes, Big Sam eras- I'd be a very depressed individual. On more recent era experiences, I have to say that Tony fills me with hope. His first signing is also setting a bar. Signing a new contract could be spun as a joke by a few, but for me it's confirmation we will have a decent manager and genuine football man in come September.

Spin back 12 months, we'd lost Lambert (bad) and followed it up by hiring Coyle (bad)... Far more reasons to keep our chins up (SO FAR) this summer!.. I wouldn't hold my breath for this to change though.

Just now, JacknOry said:

All getting a bit off topic in this thread tbh. I came here to see if any transfer news and had to go through 5-6-7 (lost count) pages of back n forth crap.

Best get used to it.

The MB at it's finest and it's a long long summer.

Watching the Cricket and any footy on TV is the answer. Now back to the u21s;)

Just now, Mike E said:

Has chaddy's personality flipped or something?

We've gone from 'help me' to 'I double dare you mother keaner!'

Good on him I say. Long may it continue.

In two years time: sense of humour.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

So this french winger ..if it is ikone we are in for a treat he scored 16 goals in one season for me on FIFA ❤

Thank god someone had a sense of humour! :) 

Archived